What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranked on MOnday?

I don't think it matters that much. Finish in the top 6 before the big xii tourney, and I think there's a real good shot we can make the big dance.

In the end, that's all that really matters.

Am I nuts to think this team has the potential to maybe snag a first round bye? Maybe. I'm really new to this "being optimistic" stuff.

At the beginning of the season I thought the Buffs would have 21 wins, 13-2 in non-con and 8-8 in conference, and that would give them a great shot at dancing in March. Once they lost to USF and Harvard I thought the probability of making the tourney was less than 1%. They would need to go 10-6 in conference, and get 1 b12 tourney win in order to have a good chance to make it. Three games in to the B12 season I think it is possible for them to go 10-6, but there is a lot of ball to be played. With a 21-10 record they should be a 5 or 6 seed in the b12, and get the first game against the 11 or 12 seed, which should be a W, giving them 22 wins. The 7 really winnable games on the schedule to get them in are:
2 vs/at ISU
2 vs/at NU
1 at OU
1 at TTech
1 at Baylor

If the Buffs want to dance, they can’t let Tuesday’s game get away from them. They need to continue the road win streak.

Well, bottom line, we will be in some playoff games. Either dance or NIT. My initial expectation was NIT, so I'm more than happy for current situation.

How many teams have gone over .500 in the Big XII and not made the tourney. This is something that the mid-major conferences complain about every year. Looking at past history I would say that if the Buffs win 10 in conference it would be hard to leave them out, win 9 and they have a decent shot. Big XII tourney wins would just make it that much easier.

How many teams have gone over .500 in the Big XII and not made the tourney. This is something that the mid-major conferences complain about every year. Looking at past history I would say that if the Buffs win 10 in conference it would be hard to leave them out, win 9 and they have a decent shot. Big XII tourney wins would just make it that much easier.

I believe that we did.

I believe that we did.

Correct. One of the Patton teams (with Harrison) went 10-6 in conference but wasn't invited to the dance. Ended up losing a first round road game in the NIT.

Correct. One of the Patton teams (with Harrison) went 10-6 in conference but wasn't invited to the dance. Ended up losing a first round road game in the NIT.

Harrison was not on that team, I believe it was '06. Problem was that year CU got completly embarrased at the Big 12 tourney (largest margin of victory for ATM in Big 12 history) They finished as weak as can be, Patton had the talent and won a bunch of games, but by early febuary, everyone knew what to do to beat them. I dont believe this will be a issue with Boyle, nor would it have been with Bz. Its nice to have a actual coach on the bench for us now.

Red Dirt means 03-04. CU lost to Tech in the first round of the conference tournament. Tech and Knight got an invite (went to the Sweet 16), CU lost to Oregon in the first round of the NIT. CU beat Tech in Boulder in the reg season.

06 was the year of the million seniors and Roby. Mike Frink left the staff mid-year and the Buffs O went in the toilet down the stretch.

Last edited:
Harrison was not on that team, I believe it was '06. Problem was that year CU got completly embarrased at the Big 12 tourney (largest margin of victory for ATM in Big 12 history) They finished as weak as can be, Patton had the talent and won a bunch of games, but by early febuary, everyone knew what to do to beat them. I dont believe this will be a issue with Boyle, nor would it have been with Bz. Its nice to have a actual coach on the bench for us now.

No it was the '04 team with Harrison. They went 10-6, finished 4th in the Big 12 regular season, got a first round bye in the Big 12 tourney, and lost to TT in the 2nd round. Then went and choked away a 20 point up in Oregon in the 1st NIT game.

Back