What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking the Big 12 after week 7

Unleash Hell

1. Texas 6-0. Beating and scoring 45 on #1 OU puts them clearly #1 in B12.
2. Okie St. 6-0. Impressive road win and D dominated a great offense.
3. Oklahoma 5-1. Still one of the best.
4. Mizzou 5-1. Got exposed. They will probably have 2 game losing streak playing CU.
5. Texas Tech. Scare from skers today, but still undefeated.
6. Kansas. Not great, but a decent team, tough stretch ahead for hawks.
7. Kansas St. 4-2. Great offense, but D looks bad
8. Nebraska. 3-3. Almost upset #7 on road today.
9. Colorado. 3-3. Injuries are hurting team
10. Baylor 3-3. They might get a bowl this year.
11. Iowa St 2-4. bottom of the north.
12. A&M 2-4. Bottom of the south

Last edited:
I have to hand it to Baylor. They are playing pretty well.

Unfortunately, the only real "winnable" game on the remaining schedule is their game against A&M in November.

If their non-conference schedule had been a been more realistic they probably would be bowling.

4. Mizzou 5-1. Got exposed. They will probably have 2 game losing streak playing CU.

Hmm... do you think the Buffs could beat Robert Griffin and the Bears? I don't.

I have to hand it to Baylor. They are playing pretty well.

Unfortunately, the only real "winnable" game on the remaining schedule is their game against A&M in November.

If their non-conference schedule had been a been more realistic they probably would be bowling.

I agree, I'm impressed with their QB.

BTW, you were right about CU. I went off because I just hate seeing nagativity and I get emotional. But in reality, you were right. I hope they can beat KJSU. WOuld be nice.

We're way too ****ing high. Our game against aggy will determine the 12th spot.

I agree, I'm impressed with their QB.

BTW, you were right about CU. I went off because I just hate seeing nagativity and I get emotional. But in reality, you were right. I hope they can beat KJSU. WOuld be nice.

They'll get better. I expected a 6-6 type season BEFORE all the injuries set in. The Buffs will struggle to win this year with this team. Next year will be better.

Next year will almost be like getting two recruiting classes, provided all the people who are injured / ineligible are able to play next year.

They'll get better. I expected a 6-6 type season BEFORE all the injuries set in. The Buffs will struggle to win this year with this team. Next year will be better.

Next year will almost be like getting two recruiting classes, provided all the people who are injured / ineligible are able to play next year.

I hate to say it but that's a big IF. Also, I know from having read a lot of your posts and having chatted with you that you're a realist about the Buffs. Based on the fact that CU seems to be regressing before our eyes and is getting regularly embarrassed, why would we suppose or assume that next year will be better? How is this clearly awful on-field performance going to appeal to recruits? I want to believe that DS is going to stay with the program but what is his motivation to do so? We all know that college football is a means to an end for blue chip players. He MUST have his eye on his future NFL career and he's probably reflecting that on an offense as woeful as this one he isn't going to have many chances to shine. He probably is as talented as Adrian Peterson was as a freshman but AD was playing for Oklahoma... that's an enormous, almost unquantifiable difference. I don't know. I suppose I'm rambling and I'm frustrated and demoralized by how putrid things look right now. I hope I'm wrong about DS and everything else.

I hate to say it but that's a big IF. Also, I know from having read a lot of your posts and having chatted with you that you're a realist about the Buffs. Based on the fact that CU seems to be regressing before our eyes and is getting regularly embarrassed, why would we suppose or assume that next year will be better? How is this clearly awful on-field performance going to appeal to recruits? I want to believe that DS is going to stay with the program but what is his motivation to do so? We all know that college football is a means to an end for blue chip players. He MUST have his eye on his future NFL career and he's probably reflecting that on an offense as woeful as this one he isn't going to have many chances to shine. He probably is as talented as Adrian Peterson was as a freshman but AD was playing for Oklahoma... that's an enormous, almost unquantifiable difference. I don't know. I suppose I'm rambling and I'm frustrated and demoralized by how putrid things look right now. I hope I'm wrong about DS and everything else.

Check out our injury list, also check out our O-lineman injury list.

Oh ya and the schedule we have played.

I don't know if Darrell Scott will be in Boulder next year or not. Frankly I don't care. If he is - great. If he isn't - great. They can only play with the players they have. While I don't understand why Scott hasn't played this year, the fact is - he hasn't played. I think CU can find another RB to gain 4 yards on 1 carry, if Darrell Scott decides to transfer.

Now-- let me say that I don't want Scott to transfer. In fact I want him to carry the ball a bunch for CU. I would like nothing more than for him to turn into the 2nd coming of Adrian Peterson. But nobody can say that right now. Right now he is just another RB on the team who occasionally gets a carry or two and gains about 4 or 5 yards. Whether that's the best use of him or not is not the point of my comment. That is what he is in the offense right now. I don't think what Darrell Scott is right now in the offense would be all that difficult to replace.

I am confident the Buffs will be a better team next year for several reasons. #1- the schedule is easier. #2- the players will all be a year older. #3- injured / ineligible players will return.

Check out our injury list, also check out our O-lineman injury list.

Oh ya and the schedule we have played.

Wait... I'm going to channel Allen Iverson here for a second. What are we talking about here? kansas... kansas man. Not USC, not USC... kansas. I don't give a sh*t what they did last year. It's freaking kansas. What about needing a last minute pick 6 to beat an FCS team? What about the fact the WVU is clearly malfunctioning and they still nearly won in Folsom and the Buffs gave up HUGE rushing yards to a 1 dimensional team? What about the fact that FSU is a shadow of their former selves? This isn't a murderers row schedule. It's a tough schedule but my complaint isn't about the losing. It's about getting embarrassed. Week after week. That's all. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone. I'm just out of sorts because I hate losing and your points are valid but I just believe they shouldn't be excuses for mediocrity.

Wait... I'm going to channel Allen Iverson here for a second. What are we talking about here? kansas... kansas man. Not USC, not USC... kansas. I don't give a sh*t what they did last year. It's freaking kansas. What about needing a last minute pick 6 to beat an FCS team? What about the fact the WVU is clearly malfunctioning and they still nearly won in Folsom and the Buffs gave up HUGE rushing yards to a 1 dimensional team? What about the fact that FSU is a shadow of their former selves? This isn't a murderers row schedule. It's a tough schedule but my complaint isn't about the losing. It's about getting embarrassed. Week after week. That's all. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone. I'm just out of sorts because I hate losing and your points are valid but I just believe they shouldn't be excuses for mediocrity.

I hate excuses too, but you can't help to bring them out when half your starters are beaten up, especially the big uglies in the trenches. Without those guys being healthy, don't expect to see Scott run like he did in HS. Hell Stewart isn't even doing what he did the first few games.

The Fact is, this IS A MURDERERS ROW SCHEDULE with the injuries we have had. Any other team in the country would have a lot of our problems if they had our youth and injuries like we do. It's part of football and we are not the first team to go through this and struggle with it.

Last edited:
Second how the **** do you call going up against Texas who could be the new #1 today not murderous? FSU is still very talented, yet we shot ourselves in teh foot.

Absoluuuuuutely troo.

Back