What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ray Polk article in the Post this morning

I'm becoming more optimistic about our defense.

There were 3 guys (1 on each level of the defense) that had NFL athletic ability but hadn't had the lightbulb go on. Everything points to Obi, Rippy and Polk busting out this year. If this happens, and I think it will, our defense goes from terrible to average.

Finding consistent cornerback play and a consistent edge pass rush is what could take it from average to good or very good.

I'm starting to feel it a little bit.

I'm becoming more optimistic about our defense.

There were 3 guys (1 on each level of the defense) that had NFL athletic ability but hadn't had the lightbulb go on. Everything points to Obi, Rippy and Polk busting out this year. If this happens, and I think it will, our defense goes from terrible to good.

Finding consistent cornerback play and a consistent edge pass rush is what could take it from good to very good or great.

I'm starting to feel it a little bit.

Depth still an issue, and I would say it goes from terrible to "average", but yes, its good to see those guys get going.

Depth still an issue, and I would say it goes from terrible to "average", but yes, its good to see those guys get going.

You're right. I'm going to go back and edit. I think I got over-excited there. :lol:

P.S. I will say that I think we've got some playmakers on offense with P-Rich, Tyler, Speedy and T-Clem. Maybe even add Deehan to that mix. There's a good chance we'll be scoring a lot of points this year, so the defense just needs to be average to good in order for us to have a nice season.

"It's (the atmosphere created by the new coaches) making the game so much faster, so much more physical." Thank goodness. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up too high for this team, but that quote is killing my discipline.

You're right. I'm going to go back and edit. I think I got over-excited there. :lol:

P.S. I will say that I think we've got some playmakers on offense with P-Rich, Tyler, Speedy and T-Clem. Maybe even add Deehan to that mix. There's a good chance we'll be scoring a lot of points this year, so the defense just needs to be average to good in order for us to have a nice season.
While I agree 100% that we have some playmakers on offense, it all starts up front. If Speedy has to avoid 3+ defenders in the backfield or if Hansen doesn't have any time to make throws we will never see the plays being made. If our O-Line can just be solid I think that we could be special on offense.

Ok. Who is the DavidW that posted the Allbuffs link to Snow's practice report in the comments section?

looks like polk still "requested" the change...

Look at it logically. Hawkins was much more involved in the offense than the defense, that mean that if Polk stayed at RB he had to deal with Hawk running his offensive meetings on a regular basis. At safety he got to deal first with Brown as his position coach then with Ambrose when Brown left. He still had to deal with one of the Boise boys in Collins but Collins wasn't as prone to saying stupid stuff as Hawkins.

Given a choice, which coaches would you want to spend your time with? Polk to safety was a logical choice. It also bears in mind that coming out of high school some people thought that Polk had NFL potential talent at DB and it makes some sense.

Look at it logically. Hawkins was much more involved in the offense than the defense, that mean that if Polk stayed at RB he had to deal with Hawk running his offensive meetings on a regular basis. At safety he got to deal first with Brown as his position coach then with Ambrose when Brown left. He still had to deal with one of the Boise boys in Collins but Collins wasn't as prone to saying stupid stuff as Hawkins.

Given a choice, which coaches would you want to spend your time with? Polk to safety was a logical choice. It also bears in mind that coming out of high school some people thought that Polk had NFL potential talent at DB and it makes some sense.

Plus, if DH was the one who decided to switch him to safety, DH would have done something right. And we all know that's impossible.

Like Polk's attitude and wheels. His instincts have not been so good. Alot of gashers in his area of responsibility the last couple years. If the coaches can just keep him from biting upfield on ball fakes, we'll be better on defense this year.

Like Polk's attitude and wheels. His instincts have not been so good. Alot of gashers in his area of responsibility the last couple years. If the coaches can just keep him from biting upfield on ball fakes, we'll be better on defense this year.
How dare you?

How do you like that happy-crappy?

"M-o-o-n, that spells 'happy-crappy'...even The Walrus knows that."

EDIT: But back to the topic at hand. Polk's attitude should be no surprise to anybody. He displayed it during recruting, he displayed it during the swap to defense, and he's dusting it off for the coaching change. I love that kid!

"We're still trying to figure that out now," Polk said. "These coaches definitely know what they are doing. These coaches definitely know the game of football."

Traslated: "We are finally learning real football," Polk said. "These coaches definitely know what they are doing, unlike Larry, Curley and Moe the last few years. The last few years was a big monkey ****. These coaches definitely know the game of football. I have no idea what the **** the last crew was trying to teach. But I did almost become a monk."

Last edited:
Back