What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RB already thinning out

Here's the deal, and JMHO. I think if RM would have lived/played in a big Front Range Colorado HS he'd have easily racked up 1500-2000 yds per season as a junior and a senior, and been recruited as a RB by CSU, Wyo, and a few other G5s, and possibly some P5s. I do agree that safety is a good spot for him at CU, a program which is utterly clueless about the running game. He might get a look as an UDFA as a safety in the NFL.

This is a thread about CU RBs. I hope to heck that Julmisse is as good as I hope he might be, because we suck at RB. Lindsay is not great, and Beau B is a risk. Lee is not a RB.
If RM was inserted onto the offense right now he'd likely be the best back on the team, with Adkins being hurt most of the time.
If RM would be the best RB on the team right now, then he would be the best RB on the team right now. He's not.

We're not so stacked at RB that we can afford to move our best RB to safety.

Many are coming to the realization BB is not a Pac 12 running back. Not explosive. Not that fast. Needs to realize his future is at LB. That's the opinion of some who see him up close at practice.

It's impressive they've figured this all out in just a week.

The junta had some pretty good info that all he wanted was a chance at CU, so again, why are you contradicting yourself? He was all CU, provided he was given a fair shot. PWO was a perfectly good scenario.

You are right that he was all about CU.

I know some people in Rifle though at the HS. He wasn't being ignored by other schools even though he had his mind set on being a Buff.

I was very happy to get him as a PWO but he was the one who moved things to make that happen. The Embree staff didn't leave a very good impression.

He was good enough that even though we got him PWO we could have lost him if circumstances had been even a little different.

As stated I understand M2 not offering him, his staff would have no reason to know much about him. Considering the other guys they were signing (many of whom never played a down for CU) I still believe that Ryan should have been on scholly from the start, the Embree staff should have offered him.

Why is anybody whining about a player that was a PWO not getting a scholarship until year 2? Because it is personal to them on the love of the player or dislike of the coach. Any coach worth his salt would take a kid as a PWO if he can. It is the kids you give scholarships to that don't deserve them that kills a team. I just hope Moeller stays healthy because he is needed. Glad he worked his way into a scholarship as well, he seems to be the best walk on in the past few years at CU.

BTW, I know a walk-on that transfered out ofCU who was clearly better than all but the starter at his position but was burried on the depth chart. His position coach at CU, a coach still on staff, told him that he wasn't running with the twos because the school had "made an investment" in the guys that the coach admitted were not as good but had scholarships so they played first. So the fact Moeller made it to a starting position and on scholarship is very impressive.

Why is anybody whining about a player that was a PWO not getting a scholarship until year 2? Because it is personal to them on the love of the player or dislike of the coach. Any coach worth his salt would take a kid as a PWO if he can. It is the kids you give scholarships to that don't deserve them that kills a team. I just hope Moeller stays healthy because he is needed. Glad he worked his way into a scholarship as well, he seems to be the best walk on in the past few years at CU.

BTW, I know a walk-on that transfered out ofCU who was clearly better than all but the starter at his position but was burried on the depth chart. His position coach at CU, a coach still on staff, told him that he wasn't running with the twos because the school had "made an investment" in the guys that the coach admitted were not as good but had scholarships so they played first. So the fact Moeller made it to a starting position and on scholarship is very impressive.

I remember that being done to several kids during the Hawkins era. Seth Lobato is the most notable example. His freshman year, we had Clark Evans and Josh Moten on scholarship. Lobato was much better than either. Should have moved Lobato onto scholarship after the fall and told Evans he could either move to TE or transfer. Moten, iirc, was moved to DB quickly.

I remember that being done to several kids during the Hawkins era. Seth Lobato is the most notable example. His freshman year, we had Clark Evans and Josh Moten on scholarship. Lobato was much better than either. Should have moved Lobato onto scholarship after the fall and told Evans he could either move to TE or transfer. Moten, iirc, was moved to DB quickly.

Lobato got a sniff in the NFL at QB. Seems to be a repeating issue at CU to not give a walk-on QB a shot simply because they are not on scholarship. Another I can think of was the guy that got kicked out of CU then transfered to Hawaii and made the NFL; Barnett was never going to give him a shot either.

Many are coming to the realization BB is not a Pac 12 running back. Not explosive. Not that fast. Needs to realize his future is at LB. That's the opinion of some who see him up close at practice.
Well lets calm down a little bit. He is a freshman and I posted earlier I think he will be a linebacker but not because I think he will be completely ineffective at RB, I just think his talents are better at backer. He could either be an average running back after he puts on weight or a great linebacker like every major team projected him as. I think the only reason he will remain at running back is because the depth is questionable until Dino comes back.

Last edited:
Well lets calm down a little bit. He is a freshman and I posted earlier I think he will be a linebacker but not because I think he will be completely ineffective at RB, I just think his talents are better at backer. He could either be an average running back after he puts on weight or a great linebacker like every major team projected him as. I think the only reason he will remain at backer is because the depth is questionable until Dino comes back.
He's a RS as a LB but not as a RB. Would be somewhat sad to "waste" a year of his eligibility of playing LB due to depth purposes at RB.

Other thoughts from today:

Nick fisher is a good defensive back until he has to cover someone for a full deep route. We can't be putting him in positions where he is one on one with a guy with no help over top unless the pass rush is guaranteed to get there.

Also think Montez should be pushing Sefo on the depth chart unless the coaches have already decided he is going to be the day one starter for leadership reasons. Everything I questioned at the spring game with him was answered today, he was himself, he saw the first read but he also moved on and the best part was when he moved on he immediately looked deep which is what you want from a qb when the short read is covered.

Kabion was a serious find and you could tell when he caught that ball over Chido despite being held at the shoulder pad. He is faster than you think and has the athleticism to help in the red zone.

I know it was just an Oklahoma drill but when Leo Jackson mauled Alex Kelley it was apparent why he is starting ahead of Samson, which is a good thing if you want to look at talent on the front seven. I never knew he was that powerful because Kelley is a load to move.

I have been saying it for a while but mini Mac gets so much separation out of breaks, if Sefo was more accurate and anticipated throws he would open up the other receivers a ton. Noyer did a great job of that and Montez was a little slower but has the arm to rifle it in before the coverage collapses.

He's a RS as a LB but not as a RB. Would be somewhat sad to "waste" a year of his eligibility of playing LB due to depth purposes at RB.
It's a bummer but things like this happen. I hope they can cross train him a little like julmisse but they will likely have to wait until the season starts to keep him from being pissed and considering transferring.

I had the same thought on Sefo. The accuracy on the shorter routes is still seriously lacking. Those throws are drive killers.

Lobato got a sniff in the NFL at QB. Seems to be a repeating issue at CU to not give a walk-on QB a shot simply because they are not on scholarship. Another I can think of was the guy that got kicked out of CU then transfered to Hawaii and made the NFL; Barnett was never going to give him a shot either.
Klatt?

To write Beau off as a back with such little time in the college game is laughable. Some kids take more time to wrap their heads around new things, and play tight. He chose to be a Buff for a chance to carry the ball, if he sucks and would be better off on defense, he'll figure it out. Force the switch and whether or not he redshirts may not matter.

Not to rehash the Davis Webb nightmare, but the reports on Sefo's performance are very disconcerting, and made me think that HCMM should have promised Webb a starting position.

Not to rehash the Davis Webb nightmare, but the reports on Sefo's performance are very disconcerting, and made me think that HCMM should have promised Webb a starting position.

I agree. What I cannot wrap my head around is that there were so many people that were expecting Liufau to be a different QB than he has been the past three seasons. I expect some incremental improvement from him, but not some huge leap that makes him a P5 level QB. His is who he is.

I agree. What I cannot wrap my head around is that there were so many people that were expecting Liufau to be a different QB than he has been the past three seasons. I expect some incremental improvement from him, but not some huge leap that makes him a P5 level QB. His is who he is.
Agreed. If we don't get improved line play we are ****ed. And i love Sefo.

There may be a very short leash on Sefo this year. MM can't afford any "almost" wins.

Figured Kyle Evans would get a scholarship, hopefully it means he's continued to progress since showing some promise in the past and can help this season if called upon.

Lindsay Lee and Evans are all similar backs and probably fit what this offense wants to do most of the time. Bisharat and Lewis are bigger more powerful backs and should help us in the redzone/goal line (take some pressure off Sefo)

Figured Kyle Evans would get a scholarship, hopefully it means he's continued to progress since showing some promise in the past and can help this season if called upon.
Not sure if I can embed the video, but HCMM had some really nice things to say about Kyle in his post practice presser. Said he was a bit of combination of Tony Jones and Eric Bienemy (quick to say that he was not EB). Said he was very difficult to tackle and pound for pound one of the strongest guys on the team.

Edit: here it is

Back