What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Read the WSJ Today....Props to Buff Football Uniforms

I love the comments on Colorado's being intimidating. Hmm, wonder if Embree knows all about instilling this attitude all the way down to his choice going back to old schoold Colorado uniforms.

I don't subscribe, but I went to their site, did a search and found it. It came up with no problem.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204464404577114863448822548.html

Thanks. At least we LOOK like a force to be reckoned with.

It's nice to have our awesome uniforms recognized for being just that. I'm all for some gimmicky unis at times, but don't mess with the b&g color combo. While red & white can be classic, it was great to have that combo ripped on as well.

Simply fabulous article, darling.

4b2008ca-b62f-047c.jpg

Do you really think God likes Baylor??

They've twisted and bastardized everything Jesus ever said! I don't know the mind of the creator, but if I had to take a guess, God is pretty pissed at Kenneth Starr and Baylor in general. Buncha lying pricks.
Yep. He told me so.

Anybody that likes Penn State uni's must have the personality of a door knob.

Always been partial to UW Husky purple white and gold.

I like the current Oregon uniforms with the wings, but sadly it will be the last year of them if they stick to the plan. I hated the old tire ****ing tread marks although nothing is quite as ugly as Maryland's Uniforms. Maybe its just me and being younger, but I love the constant changing and flashy uniforms. I get the purpose of traditional uniforms to schools with a history, but Oregon has no history like Colorado so I love the flashy uniforms.

I hope you're talking about uniforms but CU has a little history, mainly the helmet but CU does not have much uniform tradition other than that.

I might have said that funny, but I was just trying to say traditional uniforms are cool for schools with tradition like Colorado, but since Oregon has none I am fine with the flashy uniforms.

I might have said that funny, but I was just trying to say traditional uniforms are cool for schools with tradition like Colorado, but since Oregon has none I am fine with the flashy uniforms.
That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. CU has switched uniforms too many times to have a traditional uniform so as long as Nike keeps the helmet the same and matches the gold together I'd be fine with a Oregon like uniform.

I'm young, but right now I feel old.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

I'm young, but right now I feel old.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

That's what 'tini does...he makes people feel old.

There's got to be a way to swap 'tini for Canard, right?

:thumbsup:

So 'tini's on board, and is now officially a U of O fan.

It's Canard's turn to pledge allegiance to the Buffs...or not, I'm suddenly less passionate about that part of the deal.

It's Canard's turn to pledge allegiance to the Buffs...or not, I'm suddenly less passionate about that part of the deal.

I shall never join the ranks of the
green, black, white, yellow, carbon, whatever other color they have.

We're already ahead. I see no reason to take a chance on ****ing it up at this point...

I shall never join the ranks of the
green, black, white, yellow, carbon, whatever other color they have.

So you'll root for multiple teams, but not multiple colors? :lol:

Keeping in mind, 'tini routinely advocates going full-retard on uniforms in the Oregon tradition.

What's wrong with wanting to look good?

If the future senator from retardarado opines that the 101 year old CU football program doesn't have a uniform tradition, who are we to argue?

His Internet persona has nothing to do with what he is like in real life. But it's hilarious how a dozen 35-year olds give him so much attention.

What's wrong with wanting to look good?

If the future senator from retardarado opines that the 101 year old CU football program doesn't have a uniform tradition, who are we to argue?

His Internet persona has nothing to do with what he is like in real life. But it's hilarious how a dozen 35-year olds give him so much attention.

How many times have we switched up uniforms since we've had a team? Compared to Alabama or Penn State kr USC?

How many times have we switched up uniforms since we've had a team? Compared to Alabama or Penn State kr USC?

Still too lazy to do your own research. From what I see, these classic programs you bring up have changed their looks over the decades. From sweaters to leather helmets to stripes to helmet decals. As sports equipment technology and color television improved, the uniforms from all of these schools changed.

It's not as if Bama, PSU, or USC still play without face masks.

What is inscribed over the western entrance of Norlan Library, future senator?

http://www.gopsusports.com/blog/2011/06/penn-state-football-uniforms-through-the-years.html

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/8/31/1653225/alabamas-football-uniforms-through

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2011/08/sc-classics-the-uniforms.html

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=920540

It seems to me that our uni hasn't changed, fundementally, since the silver and blue. Whats that been? Going on 30 years?

Though it may not be as old or as consistent as the schools you mentioned- gold old helmet, black top, gold pants, large "COLORADO" lettering is tradition. Don't bring up the powder blue sh!t, that was short lived. But seriously, you're still a teenybopper and yet you have the audacity to question "35 year olds" on CU's history??

Though it may not be as old or as consistent as the schools you mentioned- gold old helmet, black top, gold pants, large "COLORADO" lettering is tradition. Don't bring up the powder blue sh!t, that was short lived. But seriously, you're still a teenybopper and yet you have the audacity to question "35 year olds" on CU's history??

So the minimum age for knowing CU history is 35? Okay gotcha.

So the minimum age for knowing CU history is 35? Okay gotcha.

I swear to god, you're such a little sh*t.

But of course! It would be ridiculous for me to point out that long before your momma realized that playing just the tip was evidently consequential, many posters on here were actually there for CU's tradition, cuz really.. who needs those first hand recollections when 'tini pwns teh interwebz!!

That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. CU has switched uniforms too many times to have a traditional uniform so as long as Nike keeps the helmet the same and matches the gold together I'd be fine with a Oregon like uniform.

Didn't see them at first but the uniforms have remained much the same over the decades.

Both posts within minutes of each other. Do you have split personalities or practice chronic denial?

Back