What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reading too much into Week 1

Here for the post-game discussion as promised. All I can say is I didn't expect this outcome while sitting in the stadium at the end of the 1st quarter. It looked like the same thing I'd seen before - slow start/falling behind/not as good as expected. The connection to Spruce looked good all game and that first bomb was a perfect play. CU was moving the ball relatively easily and consistently at first, hitting the WR screens for some easy yard and then you went over the top. I thought CSU was in for a really long day. I'm not sure how/why this seemed to change in the 2nd half. For CSU the running game wowed, the passing game was bad, and we won despite Grayson being completely ineffective in the first half.

From scanning the topic titles on here I understand CU fans are upset, disappointed, and dejected. Unfortunately, this is the state of CU football right now. If it's any consolation I don't think CSU is much better. Both teams are mediocre MWC teams at the moment. For CSU I guess that's ok, from a CU fan's perspective I can see how that would be disastrous. For CU to flat out expect to win this game every year because they have Pac 12 money is unrealistic, at least for the next couple of years. Treating this game as an easy and surefire win is just setting yourself up for failure.

That being said, I mean what I wrote in my first post on here. I will be a CU fan for the rest of the year and hope you go undefeated. Best of luck.

Congrats. CSU was the better team. Dee Hart is going to be good for you.

Thank you for the nice words. This probably doesn't mean much, but I thought CU's punter was really freaking good.

Good luck the rest of the way Ramfan. I hope you go on and make this loss look better by winning and taking the MWC title. You all earned it on Friday and showed how to play resilient football.

Thank you for the nice words. This probably doesn't mean much, but I thought CU's punter was really freaking good.
This was a really low blow :lol:.

Congrats, now don't make us look bad the rest of the way.

The problem isn't just that we are young... it's that we are young and have no depth.

+1

I predicted a 4-5 win season. That was dependent on CU beating teams from non-P5 conferences. CSU, Umass and Hawaii isn't exactly murderers' row. Until I see what happens over the next three weeks, I am now kind of apathetic. If there isn't serious improvement, CU is looking down the barrel of a 2-10 season. Cal, freaking, Cal went on the road and beat a Big Integer team in it's opener. They actually played good D in the fourth when the game was on the line. If what we saw v. CSU is the benchmark, CU will likely go 0-fer in the P12.

Is 4-8 really that different from 2-10?

Both are pretty ****ty, which is pretty much the state of Colorado football at the moment- pretty ****ty!

Here for the post-game discussion as promised. All I can say is I didn't expect this outcome while sitting in the stadium at the end of the 1st quarter. It looked like the same thing I'd seen before - slow start/falling behind/not as good as expected. The connection to Spruce looked good all game and that first bomb was a perfect play. CU was moving the ball relatively easily and consistently at first, hitting the WR screens for some easy yard and then you went over the top. I thought CSU was in for a really long day. I'm not sure how/why this seemed to change in the 2nd half. For CSU the running game wowed, the passing game was bad, and we won despite Grayson being completely ineffective in the first half.

From scanning the topic titles on here I understand CU fans are upset, disappointed, and dejected. Unfortunately, this is the state of CU football right now. If it's any consolation I don't think CSU is much better. Both teams are mediocre MWC teams at the moment. For CSU I guess that's ok, from a CU fan's perspective I can see how that would be disastrous. For CU to flat out expect to win this game every year because they have Pac 12 money is unrealistic, at least for the next couple of years. Treating this game as an easy and surefire win is just setting yourself up for failure.

That being said, I mean what I wrote in my first post on here. I will be a CU fan for the rest of the year and hope you go undefeated. Best of luck.

I am desperately hoping you are wrong. I hope CSU is freaking amazing this year, and it turns out Colorado got beaten by a very good CSU team, while Colorado wins a few this year that progress is actually being made. Of course the cherry on the top in this scenario will be McElwain riding off into the P5 sunset.

Going winless in confidence would be large step back.

2009 - 2 conference wins (A&M and Kansas)
2010 - 2 conference wins (Iowa State and Kansas State)
2011 - 2 conference wins (Arizona and Utah)
2012 - 1 conference win (Washington State)
2013 - 1 conference win (Cal)
2014 - 0 conference wins?

Not sure it's a "large" step back. Pretty much consistent suck.

2009 - 2 conference wins (A&M and Kansas)
2010 - 2 conference wins (Iowa State and Kansas State)
2011 - 2 conference wins (Arizona and Utah)
2012 - 1 conference win (Washington State)
2013 - 1 conference win (Cal)
2014 - 0 conference wins?

Not sure it's a "large" step back. Pretty much consistent suck.

Your response seems like a nonsequiter to me.

Your response seems like a nonsequiter to me.

Do you consider a difference of 1 game to be a "large" difference from one season to the next?

If the Buffs won 9 conference games one season, but only 8 the following year - is that a "large step back?" Or is that just one (1) game?

I would agree - if the Buffs had won 4 games, or even 3 games - to suddenly win zero (0) games would be a "large step back." But, in my opinion, losing every game but one and losing every game are pretty much the same thing.

Do you consider a difference of 1 game to be a "large" difference from one season to the next?

If the Buffs won 9 conference games one season, but only 8 the following year - is that a "large step back?" Or is that just one (1) game?

I would agree - if the Buffs had won 4 games, or even 3 games - to suddenly win zero (0) games would be a "large step back." But, in my opinion, losing every game but one and losing every game are pretty much the same thing.

Sigh.

Mods - please change thread title to "Reading too much into everyone else's responses." Thanks.

The essence of Allbuffs is placing dick upon a pedistool.

Back