What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Realistically, what can we expect from the team in 2015?

I think the new RB's will play a huge part in the success for this year. If Baltazaar and/or Carr can come in and be big contributors, it will take a lot of pressure off of Sefo to always be THE GUY. Hopefully less pressure on Sefo will allow him to fix his turnover issues. We may have seen Sefo's athletic cieling but I do think he can still take a big step in decisioin making.

The DL will be much improved IMO but the LB core is still sorely lacking in talent. Hopefully Leavitt can figure something out to make up for the LB problems.

Kicking is going to be very very scary.
I hope the new RBs can catch too...so maddening watching all those dropped balls by Powell and company.

Ok but that doesn't have much to do with recognizing the defense and all that.

I agree. I do not happen to agree his struggles are mostly mental. We do not have to agree, hopefully I am completely wrong, but his play down the stretch did not inspire much confidence for me.

I agree. I do not happen to agree his struggles are mostly mental. We do not have to agree, hopefully I am completely wrong, but his play down the stretch did not inspire much confidence for me.
Turnovers signal mental errors to me

Turnovers signal mental errors to me

To a point. When a player cannot throw to one side of the field, I think that signals a bigger physical issue. Either way, you think Sefo has a higher ceiling, I do not. We shall see how he performs this year. I just have not seen enough to see a big jump.

I don't think Sefo's physical attributes will allow him to take a big step forward. Hope I am wrong,

If Sefo remains as is, but the defense takes a quantum leap forward, then the wins will come.

There should be fewer INTs when CU isn't playing from behind or otherwise engaged in a shoutout.

The poor showing of the defense sure does turn into disappointment directed at the QB.

If Sefo remains as is, but the defense takes a quantum leap forward, then the wins will come.

There should be fewer INTs when CU isn't playing from behind or otherwise engaged in a shoutout.

The poor showing of the defense sure does turn into disappointment directed at the QB.
There may be something to this and BuffNik's comments. How much defensive improvement can we expect with some key former starters coming back after sitting a year, plus JL? I believe this is the key, too. The offense played well enough for us to be a .500 team last year. The defense was ranked 100+ in most if not all NCAA stats.

I hope we can get 5 wins, but Hawaii is not a guarantee. Barely beat them at home last year. Think it will be 3-5 for a total count.

I am cautiously optimistic.

I really think our Oline could be one of the best we've seen in a very long time. What I saw from the Guards that got playing time last year, gave me huge confidence going into 2015. Past that, I have no idea what we can expect. I think you can expect a Leavitt defense to be better than anything Baer could put together. All of the other concerns have already been discussed.

Honestly, I am more concerned with what we can expect from recruiting this year. I truly believe Mac is a high level coach, but have huge concerns in the recruiting department. Regardless if we show huge improvement in wins and get close to a bowl game, I would still be hugely concerned with another lackluster recruiting class.

Last edited:
I think we can reasonably expect a 4-0 OOC record (not that I necessarily think that will happen) and a couple of conference wins. So somewhere around the 6 win mark. Less and it was a bad season, more and it was a good season.

Sure hope Wittek sucks at Hawaii. If they had decent qb play last year, we might have lost the game.

7 wins. Should go 4-0 in OOC. Arizona, Oregon St, Wash St and Utah we go 3-1 in.

RB will be scary good along with WR corp. Will be interesting to see LB play. That along w/ TE are biggest concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 wins. Should go 4-0 in OOC. Arizona, Oregon St, Wash St and Utah we go 3-1 in.

RB will be scary good along with WR corp. Will be interesting to see LB play. That along w/ TE are biggest concerns.

Not sure there's a position group on this team that I would define as "scary good".

this season, we bowl. year 3, hot shot new d-coordinator, systems all in place, upperclassmen and experienced returners. do we have anywhere near enough athletes? nope. do we play in arguably the toughest division in college ball? yep.

so what?

overcome.

if you want to break the cycle of failure then something unexpected and dramatic has to occur. we are not out-recruiting our competition. our staff must out-coach them and win anyway.

bowl or else.

Not sure there's a position group on this team that I would define as "scary good".

I would say we have enough depth to play 4 or 5 guys at RB and get 2000 yards rushing.

With 13 games I expect two guys at 900-1200 yards REC and another at 600.

Yes scary may be the wrong adjective.

Often a pessimist on teams I love, challenging roster, recruiting and in game decisions, I am drinking the kool-aid and believe the Buffs are firmly on the the way up. I have the Black and Gold bowl eligible with 7 wins: Hawaii, UMass, CSU, Nicholls State, Arizona, OSU, WSU. If the Utah game was at home this year, I would venture into 8 win territory.

Faster team than two years ago, more physical, improved defense and well equiped with offensive weapons. I am All In for a bowl game. CU there!

I think we see some improvement in Sefo, not huge. The running game gets better, much better which will take some pressure off Sefo and the WR to be the only option for scoring. The area we have to improve on to make a break thru is on D. I believe we will be incrementally better to get 2 wins in conference. I also think we sweep the OOC to get to 6. Need one more unexpected win in conference to go bowling and I think it happens this year.

We are all talking about improved defense. Great wide receiver corps. Better game reads by Sefo. Hot new running backs. But the thing everyone has forgotten is the real key to our success this year:

New unis = 3 conf wins minimum. Book it.

this season, we bowl. year 3, hot shot new d-coordinator, systems all in place, upperclassmen and experienced returners. do we have anywhere near enough athletes? nope. do we play in arguably the toughest division in college ball? yep.

so what?

overcome.

if you want to break the cycle of failure then something unexpected and dramatic has to occur. we are not out-recruiting our competition. our staff must out-coach them and win anyway.

bowl or else.

Preach it, brother!

These things don't happen incrementally with linear improvements over time. You build a foundation for your program and then it either busts through or it doesn't with what you've created. Buffs need to break through. This needs to be the McCartney "Phase 2". His teams sucked his first 3 seasons (Phase 1). Then in Phase 2 he had 4 seasons of being decent (7-5, 6-6, 7-4, 8-4). Of course, what made him great was that he was able to take that to Phase 3 for his final 6 seasons... finishing in the Top 20 every year, never worse than 2nd in the conference, 3 finishes in the Top 5 and a national championship.

MacIntyre needs to show his program can bring the Buffs back to the Phase 2 level and keep us there. It starts this season.

Preach it, brother!

These things don't happen incrementally with linear improvements over time. You build a foundation for your program and then it either busts through or it doesn't with what you've created. Buffs need to break through. This needs to be the McCartney "Phase 2". His teams sucked his first 3 seasons (Phase 1). Then in Phase 2 he had 4 seasons of being decent (7-5, 6-6, 7-4, 8-4). Of course, what made him great was that he was able to take that to Phase 3 for his final 6 seasons... finishing in the Top 20 every year, never worse than 2nd in the conference, 3 finishes in the Top 5 and a national championship.

MacIntyre needs to show his program can bring the Buffs back to the Phase 2 level and keep us there. It starts this season.

**** I wish it was September!

I'm calling it now: the breakthrough win is UO on 10/3.

Start the season 4-0 with the ducks coming into town, and the team's newly found confidence finally propels them to a 4th quarter win.

At 5-0, CU doesn't crack the top-25, but gets listed at the bottom with the "others receiving votes."

And then gets a serious dose of reality in Tempe. 5-1

Has a really tough 4th quarter loss to the dick ******. 5-2

Remembers how to pound it against the Beavers. 6-2

Gets out-athleted in LA. 6-3

Plays the trees close, but can't overcome. 6-4

Craps the bed against USC, both physical & mental exhaustion are cited as factors. 6-5

Win a fun one against the pirate. 7-5

And finish the season with a workman like win over a broken Utah team*. 8-5

The Buffs get selected for the Sun Bowl, where they pull off an upset against a Duke team that feels slighted to not be playing in a bigger bowl.

*UU's schedule this year is a bitch - Utah State, WSU and CU are the easiest games on their schedule, and it's not that a big stretch to see them losing to any of those teams. I could see them entering the CU game already eliminated from bowl contention (or needing a win to get eligible).

why the **** is ***** censored? It's like sacky's best contribution ever to allbuffs, and it's censored?

4-0 in OOC and 4-5 in P12 play, any way they can get there, would be a dream season right now! Love to optimism skibum! 5-0 would be quite a sight.

I remember those same comments about Solder

Well, I certainly do not. I think you need a memory check. Solder moved to LT as a soph and graded out over 80% in 6 of the games He was a force. In his Jr. Year he was 1st Team all-Big12 voted on by the coaches. As a Sr. he was a pre-season and post-season all-american. To say people were worried about his pass blocking going into his senior year is totally revisionist history. Nembot is not at the same level as Solder. Solder was great at getting the rushers to go very wide. Move Nembot to LT and you will be seeing a lot of the Backup QBs.

Wait until October.

:lol: The kool aid well could be every dry by then.

5 wins and some heartbreaking losses that coaches, players, and fans will all point to. The season will be considered a step forward.

Well, I certainly do not. I think you need a memory check. Solder moved to LT as a soph and graded out over 80% in 6 of the games He was a force. In his Jr. Year he was 1st Team all-Big12 voted on by the coaches. As a Sr. he was a pre-season and post-season all-american. To say people were worried about his pass blocking going into his senior year is totally revisionist history. Nembot is not at the same level as Solder. Solder was great at getting the rushers to go very wide. Move Nembot to LT and you will be seeing a lot of the Backup QBs.

I remember a lot of "I just don't see it" posts about Solder. Especially after the embarrassment at Cal (the infamous "Hawkins doesn't think we need a silent snap count" game :bang: ).

I remember a lot of "I just don't see it" posts about Solder. Especially after the embarrassment at Cal (the infamous "Hawkins doesn't think we need a silent snap count" game :bang: ).

There is a big difference between the emotions of the "moment" and analyzing what happens over a long period of time. Tom Brady had a bad game early last season and "fans" were saying he was washed up.

That Cal game was bad but a lot of what was going on was bad coaching not so much on Solder - who graded out at 94% for the season with the Cal game his only game below 90%(still above 80). But comparing Nembot's pass blocking skills to Solder is crazy.

Do you think it is a good idea to move Nembot to LT? I want to hear your thoughts on that.

Back