What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Realistically, what can we expect from the team in 2015?

There is a big difference between the emotions of the "moment" and analyzing what happens over a long period of time. Tom Brady had a bad game early last season and "fans" were saying he was washed up.

That Cal game was bad but a lot of what was going on was bad coaching not so much on Solder - who graded out at 94% for the season with the Cal game his only game below 90%(still above 80). But comparing Nembot's pass blocking skills to Solder is crazy.

Do you think it is a good idea to move Nembot to LT? I want to hear your thoughts on that.

To the bold: No. It's taken him so long to get the techniques down and get out of his own head. The last thing Nembot needs is to start thinking again by having to reverse things with all his steps and placements. But I do think it's a mental thing, not a physical thing. It wouldn't surprise me if a NFL team tried him at LT.

I agree that Nembot isn't close to the pass blocker that Solder was. He doesn't even compare with Bakhtiari. I'm not sure he's as good as Irwin. But I do think he's the best run blocking OT that CU has had in a long time.

Irwin is going to be a solid multi-year starter at LT, at the very least. No reason to stunt his development.

Z

4018.jpg

Also If we started the season 5-0, this board would be a kool-aid geyser. i feel bad for the Pac-12. Once we start winning again, our fan base is going to be soooooo bad.

this season, we bowl. year 3, hot shot new d-coordinator, systems all in place, upperclassmen and experienced returners. do we have anywhere near enough athletes? nope. do we play in arguably the toughest division in college ball? yep.

so what?

overcome.

if you want to break the cycle of failure then something unexpected and dramatic has to occur. we are not out-recruiting our competition. our staff must out-coach them and win anyway.

bowl or else.

Preach it, brother!

These things don't happen incrementally with linear improvements over time. You build a foundation for your program and then it either busts through or it doesn't with what you've created. Buffs need to break through. This needs to be the McCartney "Phase 2". His teams sucked his first 3 seasons (Phase 1). Then in Phase 2 he had 4 seasons of being decent (7-5, 6-6, 7-4, 8-4). Of course, what made him great was that he was able to take that to Phase 3 for his final 6 seasons... finishing in the Top 20 every year, never worse than 2nd in the conference, 3 finishes in the Top 5 and a national championship.

MacIntyre needs to show his program can bring the Buffs back to the Phase 2 level and keep us there. It starts this season.

I'm calling it now: the breakthrough win is UO on 10/3.

Start the season 4-0 with the ducks coming into town, and the team's newly found confidence finally propels them to a 4th quarter win.

At 5-0, CU doesn't crack the top-25, but gets listed at the bottom with the "others receiving votes."

And then gets a serious dose of reality in Tempe. 5-1

Has a really tough 4th quarter loss to the dick ******. 5-2

Remembers how to pound it against the Beavers. 6-2

Gets out-athleted in LA. 6-3

Plays the trees close, but can't overcome. 6-4

Craps the bed against USC, both physical & mental exhaustion are cited as factors. 6-5

Win a fun one against the pirate. 7-5

And finish the season with a workman like win over a broken Utah team*. 8-5

The Buffs get selected for the Sun Bowl, where they pull off an upset against a Duke team that feels slighted to not be playing in a bigger bowl.

*UU's schedule this year is a bitch - Utah State, WSU and CU are the easiest games on their schedule, and it's not that a big stretch to see them losing to any of those teams. I could see them entering the CU game already eliminated from bowl contention (or needing a win to get eligible).
:nod:

Bowl. Game.

:smile2: That would be nice. Btw, I have absolutely no idea how we are going to win 7 games. It's just going to happen.
We find a way to win the opener (don't think it will be a blowout either way), I will be sipping some Kool-Aide.

We find a way to win the opener (don't think it will be a blowout either way), I will be sipping some Kool-Aide.
I agree. It's not a "Must win" or anything (I hate that phrase generally), but it will tell us a LOT about the team.

Also: I'm going, so ****ing A it would be nice to win in Hawaii. Hey [MENTION=3076]TimmyDUBs[/MENTION], wanna tailgate? We got a crew going.

I agree. I do not happen to agree his struggles are mostly mental. We do not have to agree, hopefully I am completely wrong, but his play down the stretch did not inspire much confidence for me.

I haven't read past this post, so maybe it got hashed out and this is for nothing. I see his struggles as nearly 100% mental at this point. Yes, he has some physical limitations. His long ball is suspect. His throws to his left are an adventure at times. Beyond that, though, I saw a guy who just didn't quite get the mental aspect of the game. One example - against Utah he scrambles for 8 yards on 1st down. The defender was still a solid two yards away from him when he went out of bounds. Dude needs to pick up that first down. Yes, it's only 2nd and 2, and yes, you still have two chances to pick up those yards. But guess what? We didn't pick up those two yards. He needs to have better situational awareness than that. That's the major flaw in his game, as I personally see it. The physical stuff is what it is.

I agree. It's not a "Must win" or anything (I hate that phrase generally), but it will tell us a LOT about the team.

Also: I'm going, so ****ing A it would be nice to win in Hawaii. Hey @TimmyDUBs, wanna tailgate? We got a crew going.

I hate you right now. That last tailgate was epic. I would so love to do that again. Airfare is going to have to come down to about half what it is now for it to work, I'm afraid. sigh.

I hate you right now. That last tailgate was epic. I would so love to do that again. Airfare is going to have to come down to about half what it is now for it to work, I'm afraid. sigh.
Yea, I got it just over 600 but used my points to do it. Which is about normal. I doubt it drops much, sadly.

Also: I'm going, so ****ing A it would be nice to win in Hawaii. Hey @TimmyDUBs, wanna tailgate? We got a crew going.

Shoots, bah! I'll have some die hard Buffs there as well. Hopefully some former Buffs make an appearance.

Not expecting to go undefeated in non-conf (when was the last time CU pulled off 4 straight wins, or even 3).

True but hopefully the players have that type of mentality. You never know what your limit is until you try to surpass it.
Hey I'm with ya. I'm optimistic as well. If I had to predict we win 2 Pac-12 games (OSU and WSU) and win our OOC games. I think the players have that type of mentality. They are very sick of losing and those close losses last year may pay off this year. There is a hunger to win, when you lose so many close games.

Hey I'm with ya. I'm optimistic as well. If I had to predict we win 2 Pac-12 games (OSU and WSU) and win our OOC games. I think the players have that type of mentality. They are very sick of losing and those close losses last year may pay off this year. There is a hunger to win, when you lose so many close games.

I really do hope they are working harder than they've ever worked this spring and summer. We aren't the most talented, so we must work harder, care more, and out effort everyone (on every Saturday). I hope that's the kind of culture we are developing. If so, we've got a chance to rise from the ashes.

Back