What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap from CU-Stanford

Gold

-The arena was more than half empty, but up in the far corner were a few hundred Buff fans and they were loud all game. We make our presence known on the road. Would have been pandaemonium if that Buff contingent could move closer to the court. Our seats were a few rows back of the Stanford bench, and definitely pissed off everyone in the section by screaming our heads off. But give credit to Stanford, they're a classy group of wine connoisseurs. No one gave us ****, no one told us off. Granted, we didn't get nasty, just rooting, but it had to be startling to see a visiting group come in and take over the crowd noise at times.

-I've been touting Dre's offensive skills all year, and last night showed there's more potential than we've seen thus far. His game has Hubie Brown upside potential. With Scott out, he became the go-to-guy in a bunch of situations. Looked great creating his own shot off the dribble, he was very aggressive. He put the ball in numerous headlocks in rebound situations. The clutch shooting touch was awesome. The defense is worth the price of admission. He's relentless.

-There was a Jaws moment last night, and that's when you think everything is peaceful, then a shark jumps out of the water and rips **** apart. That was the Spencer Dinwiddie dunk. The arena basically went into a worm hole and everything went upside down. Luckily for Stanford, they answered with a put back dunk (way too many of those) or else the Buffs would have rolled them through the end of the game. The NCAA needs to make a poster of that dunk! His technical foul at the end looked like a home court cooking call for sure.

-Booker was the most frustrating player to watch, but you still root for him. He was pulled out a few times after making some poor shooting decisions, and his body language wasn't great. But at the end, he hit a tough runner and was able to create a shot. He gets his confidence back quickly.

-XJ is a force, but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on calls and it takes him out of his game. It's more of a mental hurdle, but he draws a lot of contact but doesn't do as good of a job as selling as Dinwiddie. He is the definition of beast mode with extra tapping of the B button. Love his rebounding. He can go up and get it. Plays awesome defense. Josh Huestis is not a fan of seeing #2.

-Sab had an insane drive to the rack, but that was about it. He was getting burned by #11 Andy Brown all night on a terrible mismatch and it cost us. No dandruff though.

-Jeremy Adams was terrific. Hustles on defense, has learned to cut down on ill-advised fouls, and has a nice touch from outside. He knitted a sweater during a TV time out, he's impressive. Learning how to drive in traffic with his spin move. Easy guy to root for. Doesn't play like a guy with injuries and ailments.

-The bench, outside of Adams, it was non-existent. SHT gave the crowd a classic "5 Minutes of SHT". Basically, he ran up and down the court a few times, tried to get a few rebounds, and then sat the rest of the way. Talton played a few min down the stretch, but didn't do many noteworthy things. Stalzer is an enigma. I'm not sure he can handle the ball at the PG level in the P12 or create his shot. He has potential, perhaps as a Knutson type that can catch and shoot, and you can't write off a freshman. So far it's been non-descript.

-The last play of the game my heart definitely stopped. I wasn't sure it counted. The ref waived it off quickly. Tad went nuts, tried to handshake Dawkins. The ref told him they needed to review. Quick review! Game over. People were leaving. High fived Buff fans. Stayed to watch the home team fans exit while taking it all it. IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS! Enjoy it for what it is, a great road win.

-After the game we went down to courtside and saw the Roberson interview on ESPN 2, and talked to Walton. Very cool dude. I asked him how does he like the Buffs in the tournament, and he said "which tournament?" with a smile. He was complimentary of the Buffs and said we need to get back Scott for the stretch to make a run. I mentioned how we cleared a big hurdle about winning on the road and that's a sign we're turning the corner as a program. He agreed and said that Arizona's loss on the road to USC was surprising and elite teams win on the road.

There you have it. Amazing night for CU, witnessed by Larry Scott. Best moment was watching Tad congratulate the players after the win on the court. He is an energetic and positive coach.

On to Cal!

Solid recap.
Though I'm as much in ski's corner as anyone, I think he did a great thing tonight by not shooting all the time. He was like 2-7, but he could have just as easily been 2-14. Thankfully he's growing, but we need him to get his stroke back.

Awesome job by the CU fans at the game. Could hear you on TV all night singing the fight song. Found it particularly amusing that you'd start getting booed by the home crowd or they'd start a "Go Stanford" chant to drown you out. SOOOOOOOO glad to be in the PAC. Never saw this in the Big 8/12. Show up loud at Cal. Go Buffs!

Yep, CU fans were out in force. There was gold everywhere, and the fight song and other CU chants were heard so many times I lost count.

Nice recap, rep delivered. Just got my tickets for the Cal game on Saturday. Go Buffs!

Rep from me also.

I thought I was seeing CU shirts behind the Stanford bench, which I thought was strange. Guess that is where CU fans were.

It was fun to watch. Wouldn't have been if that last shot had counted. Glad you got to see it in person.

-The arena was more than half empty, but up in the far corner were a few hundred Buff fans and they were loud all game. We make our presence known on the road. Would have been pandaemonium if that Buff contingent could move closer to the court. Our seats were a few rows back of the Stanford bench, and definitely pissed off everyone in the section by screaming our heads off. But give credit to Stanford, they're a classy group of wine connoisseurs. No one gave us ****, no one told us off. Granted, we didn't get nasty, just rooting, but it had to be startling to see a visiting group come in and take over the crowd noise at times.

Awesome job by the CU fans at the game. Could hear you on TV all night singing the fight song. Found it particularly amusing that you'd start getting booed by the home crowd or they'd start a "Go Stanford" chant to drown you out. SOOOOOOOO glad to be in the PAC. Never saw this in the Big 8/12. Show up loud at Cal. Go Buffs!

The contingent of Buff fans was very loud. On TV, it seemed to be a home game for CU at times. Thanks for the recap.

Anyone know if there are highlights somewhere? I had to go to bed at halftime (midnight on the East Coast) and want to see the Dinwiddie dunk. All I can find is video of the Powell dunk after the buzzer.

Anyone know if there are highlights somewhere? I had to go to bed at halftime (midnight on the East Coast) and want to see the Dinwiddie dunk. All I can find is video of the Powell dunk after the buzzer.

allbuffs main page or cubuffs.com

See that now. They didn't have the highlights up for most of the morning and I couldn't find them anywhere else. Thank you

To any buffs fan that was at the arena: thank you. I consistently heard our fight song and was definitely aware of our fans' presence. It probably warrants its own thread but I wanted to mention it here at least. How far we've come from only 3, 4 years ago just boggles my mind sometimes...

keep it up!

I was singing the fight song from the student section. haha. They thought it was funny when I explained to them I had to stay loyal to my undergrad institution!

Excellent recap Gold! It was a blast! The Furd fans were not happy about our noise level. They tried to drown us out by playing music during the TO over the PA but we just stood and waited until they were done.

To any buffs fan that was at the arena: thank you. I consistently heard our fight song and was definitely aware of our fans' presence. It probably warrants its own thread but I wanted to mention it here at least. How far we've come from only 3, 4 years ago just boggles my mind sometimes...

keep it up!

A little taste of the arena last night.
IMG_20130227_220608_809 (1024x576).jpg
Second to last timeout

IMG_20130227_220621_462 (1024x576).jpg
Last inbound

IMG_20130227_220812_003 (576x1024).jpg
VICTORY!! GO BUFFS!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130227_220608_809 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_20130227_220608_809 (800x450).jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20130227_220621_462 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_20130227_220621_462 (800x450).jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20130227_220812_003 (450x800).jpg
    IMG_20130227_220812_003 (450x800).jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 12
Didn't even notice before they have the flyaway hoops like Coors...great showing by NorCal buffs!

Puthy boy! I was up till 1:30. Watched the end of the Nuggets while listening to the post game. Until the KOA stream crashed that is. Worth dragging ass today.

Maples is an intimate, tiny arena. Never been there, but it actually was a really tough place to play back when Montgomery had Stanford rolling. Small doesn't mean ****hole, but I can't speak for Maples from personal experience. But yes, the Buff fans were making some serious noise. Hope to see even more Buffs in Berkeley, and I suspect there will be. Hope you NorCal Buffs can give our boys a boost. Not a doubt in my mind Cal is beatable, but it'll take a strong effort. Let the team feed off the Buff fans in the house :nod:.

Maples is an intimate, tiny arena. Never been there, but it actually was a really tough place to play back when Montgomery had Stanford rolling. Small doesn't mean ****hole, but I can't speak for Maples from personal experience. But yes, the Buff fans were making some serious noise. Hope to see even more Buffs in Berkeley, and I suspect there will be. Hope you NorCal Buffs can give our boys a boost. Not a doubt in my mind Cal is beatable, but it'll take a strong effort. Let the team feed off the Buff fans in the house :nod:.

Been to Maples a few times, your assessment from a far is pretty good.

Back