What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

can we all just agree that stanford is the A&M of the pac12?

:lol:

nype7u7a.jpg

Stanford IS the Texas A&M of the Pac-12. Like Aggie, they have one of the top petroleum engineering programs in the country. This gives them access to petrodollars that they use to plow into sports.

And they are on a farm.

Gig 'em.
Tree Aggies.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

nype7u7a.jpg

Stanford IS the Texas A&M of the Pac-12. Like Aggie, they have one of the top petroleum engineering programs in the country. This gives them access to petrodollars that they use to plow into sports.

And they are on a farm.

Gig 'em.
Tree Aggies.
Hate them robber baron basterdz!

Flukes - Cal may have won one game, but you lost the post-game here in this thread. I wrote that Cal fans are smug and unlikable. So far, that's a spot on description of you after reading your posts. But a few other things have emerged:

1. Cal fans are sensitive about a variety of topics, and living in Stanford's shadow being at the top of the list. Look, no one is asking for the % of Cal fans who cried after learning they didn't get into Stanford (although, let's face it, that's an interesting data point to have). But you have to agree, bringing up the topic elicits a noisy response from Cal.

2. The other sensitivity is just overall thin skin. Are you that in touch with your emotions that being called smug and unlikable is that bad? Have you seen our Husker feuds? Texas anyone? That's a friggen compliment from our former conference! They were mouth breathers who would pay to be called smug and unlikable. So don't get your panties in a bunch, embrace your smugness.

3. This alleged respect for elders on this board and that's why you don't want to smack talk, but then decided to say we're going to lose Boyle and then post a clip of a Wallace dunk from Saturday is a bit of a running theme for you. Ok, you respect "the elders". As you can see, no one is leaping to your defense and vouching for how great you are. You're a Cal fan. Translation, you're walking a constant fine line of being mildly tolerated. Again, mildly tolerated is a compliment for an opposing team! Embrace it. Don't suck up to a bunch of people who aren't running to your defense like you perhaps thought they would.

I'm sure you'll want to respond with a sarcastic post, something you can share back at bearinsider or wherever you'll go to seek out an e-high five from someone.

Never have i seen a fan base get so worked up about being called the second smartest people in the room. Although in fairness we had UT and pretty much no-one in the last conference. I wounder if UT is as good a school as Cal, can we get some numbers?

Flukes - Cal may have won one game, but you lost the post-game here in this thread. I wrote that Cal fans are smug and unlikable. So far, that's a spot on description of you after reading your posts. But a few other things have emerged:

1. Cal fans are sensitive about a variety of topics, and living in Stanford's shadow being at the top of the list. Look, no one is asking for the % of Cal fans who cried after learning they didn't get into Stanford (although, let's face it, that's an interesting data point to have). But you have to agree, bringing up the topic elicits a noisy response from Cal.

2. The other sensitivity is just overall thin skin. Are you that in touch with your emotions that being called smug and unlikable is that bad? Have you seen our Husker feuds? Texas anyone? That's a friggen compliment from our former conference! They were mouth breathers who would pay to be called smug and unlikable. So don't get your panties in a bunch, embrace your smugness.

3. This alleged respect for elders on this board and that's why you don't want to smack talk, but then decided to say we're going to lose Boyle and then post a clip of a Wallace dunk from Saturday is a bit of a running theme for you. Ok, you respect "the elders". As you can see, no one is leaping to your defense and vouching for how great you are. You're a Cal fan. Translation, you're walking a constant fine line of being mildly tolerated. Again, mildly tolerated is a compliment for an opposing team! Embrace it. Don't suck up to a bunch of people who aren't running to your defense like you perhaps thought they would.

I'm sure you'll want to respond with a sarcastic post, something you can share back at bearinsider or wherever you'll go to seek out an e-high five from someone.
Gold, if you're going to talk smack, try not leaning on Word to catch your errors. Or, if you must, at least correct the font so you don't look insecure.

PS, heritage aside, Flukes has delivered a lot more value to this board than you have to date, so keep posting.

Gold, if you're going to talk smack, try not leaning on Word to catch your errors. Or, if you must, at least correct the font so you don't look insecure.

PS, heritage aside, Flukes has delivered a lot more value to this board than you have to date, so keep posting.

I copied my original post because I sometimes get logged out by the time I hit send. The paste produces a different font. But does anyone really care? Seems trivial.

This thread was a lot better when the Bears not named Flukes (and maybe Newkid and GoBeers) stayed on their own incestuous site, and we stayed on ours, and we just kind of monitored the progress from afar.

Separate but equal. I mean obviously not equal, 'cause the academic rankings and stuff, but certainly separate.

Okay, I'm going back to my habit of eating rocks and getting baked.

I copied my original post because I sometimes get logged out by the time I hit send. The paste produces a different font. But does anyone really care? Seems trivial.

You have to remember that Burrito has carnal knowledge of Fluke's leg, and sometimes takes chivalrous stands in his defense.

He may be smug but IMO he's very likable.

True story:

The first Cal grad I met, I didn't really like. Not a big deal, really, I don't like most people. But he was freakishly pretentious--a trait I chalked up as an individual characteristic, rather than a collegiate habit.

He was a big music guy, which is great. But he seemed to enjoy music less than sharing his very exclusive musical taste with others (but not really sharing in a good way).

So back in the CD era, his apartment was broken into and a ****-ton of his CDs were stolen. He kept them carefully in alphabetical order, and confided that the burglar had stolen "A" through "L".

"Oh no," I responded, "They got your Dylan collection" (of which he was particularly fond).

"No" he replied, "I keep those cataloged under "Zimmerman".

I'll bet over half of those bearinsiders keep their Dylan under Zimmerman.

That's your response? Dick jokes? That's not funny on any level.

Well, when you sit around 100 on the U.S. News and World Report academic rankings, you tend to find it funny.

Mostly I was trying to get to the source of your fan base's insecurities, and also pointing out that 7 consecutive years pursuing academics in Berkeley would likely make one soft in the ways of the world.

But you're welcome to run back to your own little site, if this isn't amusing you on any level. Notice I don't visit yours.

True story:

The first Cal grad I met, I didn't really like. Not a big deal, really, I don't like most people. But he was freakishly pretentious--a trait I chalked up as an individual characteristic, rather than a collegiate habit.

He was a big music guy, which is great. But he seemed to enjoy music less than sharing his very exclusive musical taste with others (but not really sharing in a good way).

So back in the CD era, his apartment was broken into and a ****-ton of his CDs were stolen. He kept them carefully in alphabetical order, and confided that the burglar had stolen "A" through "L".

"Oh no," I responded, "They got your Dylan collection" (of which he was particularly fond).

"No" he replied, "I keep those cataloged under "Zimmerman".

I'll bet over half of those bearinsiders keep their Dylan under Zimmerman.
Maybe this guy was Jewish and was just keeping it real?

God, Cal fans are ****ing UVA clones. It would unimaginable if those two wine and cheese fan bases ever met.

God, Cal fans are ****ing UVA clones. It would unimaginable if those two wine and cheese fan bases ever met.

I'd tease UVA fans about being ranked lower in the Public Schools ranking than Cal. Hilarity would ensue. Wahoowa!

Back