What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Receiving Corps (Replacing Richardson)

About Ross, on the long pass that he dropped against USC, damn near everyone around me, including me, thought that was PRich. Ross is fast and shifty, I'd like to see more plays designed to get him the ball next year, same with DD.

If Bobo or Dunston was better than Goodson and McCulloch they should have played. You don't want to keep more talented guys on the bench unless their is a very good reason. Like Thomas' apparent off-field issues.

That's ridiculous. Mac isn't coaching for his job. He's got the luxury of redshirting players. Coaching them up, making them better football players and getting an extra year out of them.

That's ridiculous. Mac isn't coaching for his job. He's got the luxury of redshirting players. Coaching them up, making them better football players and getting an extra year out of them.

Hell for all we know the three could have been redshirting because they weren't picking up the playbook or needed to focus and get the first semester of college out of the way and stay in school

If Bobo or Dunston was better than Goodson and McCulloch they should have played. You don't want to keep more talented guys on the bench unless their is a very good reason. Like Thomas' apparent off-field issues.

Basically what I'm saying is not too expect too much out of the guys we redshirted. Odds are that they won't be much better than what we saw out of our 3rd and 4th receivers this past year.

You are making several leaps of logic. Players can be talented but not ready. Look at Mike Evan at Texas A&M - he redshirted and now is projected as the number 2 WR in the draft. Also players do get better over time.

It looks like Jeff Thomas isn't coming back. Word is, it's because of grades. Hard to believe that he wasn't able to get it done. Obviously, his loss hurts. Sure, people built these tall tales around him and he wasn't likely to live up to the hype but he was going to be in the mix for playing time. It's a shame he wasn't able to put it together.

Still, I look at it this way Spruce was solid as the X, and Ross is a speedy dynamic WR who looks poised to take over at H. That leaves guys like Bobo and Dunston as guys who can play the H spot... both guys who HCMM has given positive reviews to, and he's been good at identifying which players are going to produce. It's a blow for the program to lose Thomas, but at least Mac gets another free scholarship to use on "his guys"

I anticipate a big year out of Devin Ross this season. I see Ross as our new deep threat with Spruce picking up first down yardage from the slot on plays over the middle once the opponent is forced to respect our speed on the outside. In addition, I see DD and Spruce being huge for us this year if they can up their YAC just a bit. They showed flashes of promise in the department this year. I could see Bobo being more of a red zone threat at 6-3, going up and getting the ball over the top of shorter and less physical DBs.

I would like to see the Fly Sweep incorporated more into the offense as a threat for guys like Ross and Goodson. It would also maybe hold the DE's and give Adkins and Powell some bigger gaps to run through.

About Ross, on the long pass that he dropped against USC, damn near everyone around me, including me, thought that was PRich. Ross is fast and shifty, I'd like to see more plays designed to get him the ball next year, same with DD.
I re-watched that the other night. Ross beat the SC CB cold. HE's fast. Give him some reps in practice and he is going to be good.

Not sure he has the luxury...he needs to win. He plays the best players (Adkins, Gillam) regardless of class status.

I think he's definitely got the luxury of letting guys redshirt so they we can get 4 good seasons from them. Gillam was pressed because of Daigh's injuries. He had to play, and he shined. There's no turning back now. Same with Adkins, he was just too good to keep on the bench. With the wideouts, there was no reason not to redshirt them, we had Richardson locking down one spot and Spruce holding down the other. Goodson was our slot guy, and Ross worked his way into the lineup because Goodson was his only real competition.

Back