What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruit QBs NOW

Why not? Lots of guy RS other than as FR, if its to their benefit. Let Sefo fully recover form his leg issue and thoroughly learn HCMM's system. Besides, at the end of his RS year, HCMM may finally have a decent and experienced OL.

Because it's incredibly dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so glad someone quoted that. Just confirms my decision to read as little of this guy's "thoughts" as possible.

CU is not taking a transfer QB unless that transfer is an elite sure fire QB. We need to stop with this

Those teams also had a lot of talent on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they had so much talent at QB that Koy was forced to ditch the redshirt four games into his Freshman season when Kordell went down with an injury. That's depth at QB, alright.

Juco or nada. These transfers in Wittek and the Oklahoma guy are looking to be the man, not "provide quality depth and be a serviceable option should Sefo go down with an injury." Either MacIntyre tries to find the next Nelson Fishback or he banks the scholarship and we have to wait on Awini and our 2015 target for the following season.

Juco or nada. These transfers in Wittek and the Oklahoma guy are looking to be the man, not "provide quality depth and be a serviceable option should Sefo go down with an injury." Either MacIntyre tries to find the next Nelson Fishback or he banks the scholarship and we have to wait on Awini and our 2015 target for the following season.

Word on the streets is that Thompson (ou) wasn't happy when he wasn't "penciled in" as the back up qb for spring. As a side note, there are also rumors that current back up, Blake Bell, will change positions. There's some talent and depth on that roster.

I'm not a fan of Wittek. The talent doesn't seem to show up on game day. In time he might be a good qb.

As Nik pointed out it's too late to get a transfer in the fold for spring. That would have been ideal.

With our recent history of JUCOs (Gherke, Burnette), transfers (Webb) and panicked QB recruitment (Dorman), I think we just go with what we have and hope for the best.

they had so much talent at QB that Koy was forced to ditch the redshirt four games into his Freshman season when Kordell went down with an injury. That's depth at QB, alright.

That was the year that Joseph was redshirting as well. Somebody had to play, and I guess they wanted to check out Koy, since he wasn't like the others (more of a traditional QB).

Last edited:
I just went and looked at Cade Apsay's highlight tape again. I said he was the #1 on my board last spring and I am still very impressed. He has a very nice quick release, finds his secondary options and really uses his feet well to slide in the pocket (something Sefo did not do in high school but learned quickly at CU). He also has a couple zone-read plays where he takes off.

I think Apsay will push Sefo right away and frankly, if he is better at some point, he'll play. He'll get a ton of reps if nothing else. I'm not saying it's year 1, but I'm not saying it won't be for sure either.

We'll get thru the spring and we'll be fine in the fall. The future is now.

I just went and looked at Cade Apsay's highlight tape again. I said he was the #1 on my board last spring and I am still very impressed. He has a very nice quick release, finds his secondary options and really uses his feet well to slide in the pocket (something Sefo did not do in high school but learned quickly at CU). He also has a couple zone-read plays where he takes off.

I think Apsay will push Sefo right away and frankly, if he is better at some point, he'll play. He'll get a ton of reps if nothing else. I'm not saying it's year 1, but I'm not saying it won't be for sure either.

We'll get thru the spring and we'll be fine in the fall. The future is now.

I could see a scenario where Sefo gets hurt this year, and Aspay has progressed enough at that point to lose the redshirt and go in. Especially if we're flirting with the possibility of a bowl game. Then, you do the Koy thing and redshirt Aspay the following year to create some separation.

I could see a scenario where Sefo gets hurt this year, and Aspay has progressed enough at that point to lose the redshirt and go in. Especially if we're flirting with the possibility of a bowl game. Then, you do the Koy thing and redshirt Aspay the following year to create some separation.

Could certainly see this play out exactly like this. Unless it is a major injury that will keep Sefo out for a significant time though I hope that any odd snaps are given to Gerhke. If we can save the year on Aspay I'd love to see us get into something of a normal QB progression in the program.

I agree. HCMM isn't afraid to RS a Sophomore. Apsay should be realistic in waiting at least 2 yrs to play. Why not RS as a Sophomore if it's all the same difference?

Lol reminded me on Nick Nelson for some reason.

Aaron Mispagel. Watch out for that name. He may walk on for spring practices.

Aaron Mispagel. Watch out for that name. He may walk on for spring practices.

Well might be somebody to throw a few passes. Wasn't exactly impressive in HS based on the stats

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aaron-mispagel/jpSHOvTsEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

15 varsity passes and 4 carries aren't exactly preparation for big time college football.

Have to think that there is somebody out there who at least got offers at the D2 or even FCS level who wants a shot at the BCS level. May not be there for spring but we'd be a good fit for somebody trying to prove something.

With our recent history of JUCOs (Gherke, Burnette), transfers (Webb) and panicked QB recruitment (Dorman), I think we just go with what we have and hope for the best.

Big difference talent wise between Gherke, Burnette and Dorman and the names being tossed around.

Back