What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Class Rankings

This thread alone. Twice in one post in fact.

First one was brought in my another poster. Yes I've included Gillam in examples but not just talking about Gillam alone as evidence. Hell based on your logic here Gillam should never come up in any list, I disagree with that but I don't believe he should be used as the only example. The fact of the matter is we have a small sample size for MacIntyre finding diamonds in the rough at this point, you're not going to avoid Gillam in those but as I said earlier, there needs to be other names included as evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First one was brought in my another poster. Yes I've included Gillam in examples but not just talking about Gillam alone as evidence. Hell based on your logic here Gillam should never come up in any list, I disagree with that but I don't believe he should be used as the only example.

It's not just you who does it, lots of people here like to point to Gillam as evidence that the staff can find overlooked talent. Gillam is a good player, I just don't think you can build an entire program around kids that no other school is looking at.

My point was that you're doing the exact same thing (using one or two players as examples to support your larger argument) that others are doing with the recruits we lost. Difference is, you tell these people to STFU or to educate themselves - it makes you sound like an idot.

Gilliam is a great player - but every school is getting a Gilliam every class. And most schools are getting a bunch of Gilliams every class.

I think I know whose pipe it was...

sappjpg-c0391cc240d23da9.jpg

Their history of coaching D1 football suggests they are good coaches, then in year one they won all the games they were supposed to and we saw some big strides mentally on the field in that they kept fighting till the end. In this cycle alone they spotted Miller, Keeney, Franke, Dotson, Rodriguez, Lopez and a few others I'm missing who gathered other BCS offers yet they we're discovered at camps by the staff beforehand. You can then add in Gillam and Adkins from last year. SJSU also has a decent amount of kids in the NFL who were lightly recruited.

You could attempt to educate yourself, but I'm guessing you're going to continue to be a negative douchebag.

My thoughts about this staff exactly. Not highly ranked class, but whatever they do to spot talent early, it sure seems to work. Mac said he can win with this class, so I'm onboard. Go Buffs!

Back