What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Dead Period Starts Today

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
From Stoudt's Recruitipedia:

The college coach may not have any in-person contact with a prospect or his parents at any time in the Dead Period. The coach may write and telephone a prospect or his parents during this time.

There are no visits, either on campus or at the prospects home/school.

However, there will be texts. There will be letters. There will be phone calls.

But for the most part, we're not going to have as much going on between December 20th and January 3rd, when the Dead Period ends.

We will have players choosing or dropping schools, though, and will also learn of January visits.

Also, January 2nd is the last day of the NFL regular season, so there's a good chance that Embree will be naming the last of the CU coaching staff (QB & Strength/Conditioning) just as the Dead Period ends.

Will we still be able to read info as its given? Are players not allowed to commit during the dead period?

We will still get timely info.

Players can verbally commit whenever, including the Dead Period. They can't officially commit until they are able to sign a Letter of Intent. That opens on National Signing Day, which is on February 2nd this year. (It's always the 1st Wednesday in February.)

We will have Early Enrollee and JUCO Transfer announcements between December 15th and January 15th, though. Those prospects will begin school in January.

We will still get timely info.

Players can verbally commit whenever, including the Dead Period. They can't officially commit until they are able to sign a Letter of Intent. That opens on National Signing Day, which is on February 2nd this year. (It's always the 1st Wednesday in February.)

We will have Early Enrollee and JUCO Transfer announcements between December 15th and January 15th, though. Those prospects will begin school in January.

Aside from Alex Lewis, do we really have any early enrollees or JUCO's coming in January? I haven't heard a peep about any JUCO's....

Sounds like we're ****ed, no?

We're not in great shape. We're up against programs that have had more recent success and have been building relationships with 2011 prospects since they were sophomores.

It wouldn't surprise me if we under-signed this class and then were very active later on with players who slip through the cracks from programs that over-signed as well as spring transfers from other programs. If Embree has made one thing clear, it's that he isn't just looking for enough signees to fill the class. He wants difference-makers.

Aside from Alex Lewis, do we really have any early enrollees or JUCO's coming in January? I haven't heard a peep about any JUCO's....

I wouldn't expect any JUCOs.

One thing Bohn learned with the Bzdelik and Hawkins hires is that he can't hire coaches who plan to rely on JUCOs to bring in talent to build their programs. That will never work at CU. We're definitely seeing that Boyle and now Embree are almost completely focused on recruiting freshman and maybe snagging some transfers at need positions.

As far as early enrollees, I think we'd like to get our QB into school and competing this spring. But the chances of that look slim. First day of classes are January 10th. We'd have to get a visit between Jan 4th-8th with an immediate commitment and fast movement on paperwork. Highly unlikely unless there is more in the works already than we realize.

I should have noted that during the Dead Period, those phones calls need to be initiated by the recruit.

Hope the staff comes out firing in January. We're going to need a miracle.

Hope the staff comes out firing in January. We're going to need a miracle.

Not a miracle, but we do need to win a few more contests like Mustoe. While this class is going to very small overall, we still need players at the end of the day.

I think the recruitment of Lucien will tell us just about everything we need to know about this year's recruiting results.

Yeah - and we're always surprised by a few kids on signing day....

Back