What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting (Football forum)

FLounder

Most Hated Poster of the Year 2016, 2018, 2022
Club Member
First off I honestly don't see it.

1. Embree and staff have recruited above par, hell at this point I think he's shooting a birdie on every single recruit.
With what our program has been for the past 7 years, He is ballin' on the recruiting front. Yes, he did not recruit OL last cycle.
But he has been loading up on OL this cycle.

2. Speed. We have got to be the slowest team in the nation. We are the fat white nerds who walk during gym. No skill players any where.
Hawks recruits, gone. One of his best recruits, Jon Major "The man with 50+ scholarship offers", is a decent player but has no speed.
From what I have observed, Embree has brought in skill. Defensive line, Cornerbacks, hell even WR's. Do you see any Senior of Juniors starting???
He has brought in our best back and has recruited top notch Quarterbacks. He is getting what he can, and what hes getting are good players.

3. Yes, not the best head coach. That is VERY obvious. Though is inept coaching abilities, and inept coordinaters, he is a spark.
He is recruiting guys that can be dry wood to light the fire. I drank the kool-aid to begin this year, but did we all really think we could compete?
I remember reading 90% of you saying Wins over UCLA/ Udub/ ASU/ Arizona/ and Utah. But did you honestly think we could beat them.
I didn't. I look at UCLA, there whole team are 4* recruits. Udub, has a lead on us for returning to prominence. ASU still has speed, but they are beatable, ASU has a deceptive roster that has players that play solid.

All in all, I see us winning 1 to 2 more games. I can't tell you where they will come, but we will get them. Embree needs help, he cant win games with these coaches. EB is not the answer at OC. He just doesn't understand the game yet to call plays efficiently. Greg Brown, I may be part of the minority, but I still believe that he may be one of the best in this conference. He just can't do his thing with inept players. His players arent old enough to comprehend it. Marshall. Fire him. He had his hay day. He destroyed Cal's line. Embree needs to get with old NFL friends and bring in a guy who's coached in the league. We need a mean, dirty, nasty guy who will pound the **** out of his players and make them lean mean run blocking machines..

I'm drinking kool-aid for next year.

1. Explain this point a little further. Ballin' on the recruiting front because he has commits or because he has the right commits? Loading up on the OL or loading up with the right OL commits?

2. Our best back is Christian Powell... which means Embree is not doing enough on the recruiting trail.

3. Your answer to the issues along the OL is to bring in more NFL experience? Really? You think we do not have enough or something?

1. Explain this point a little further. Ballin' on the recruiting front because he has commits or because he has the right commits? Loading up on the OL or loading up with the right OL commits?

2. Our best back is Christian Powell... which means Embree is not doing enough on the recruiting trail.

3. Your answer to the issues along the OL is to bring in more NFL experience? Really? You think we do not have enough or something?

1. Ballin' because he is recruiting the best available recruits. He is garnering nasty linemen that have played big-time opponents.

2. I do not believe Powpow will be our best back in the long run. We have some very talented backs behind him. He was the most ready for the college game. I think Payne, will be our starter next year.

3. Im not specifying just an NFL coach. We need a guy who has coach an Oline in a run first offense. My analogy is that most NFL Oline coaches were apart of a team that ran a run first team. Now that the spread has taken over, those coaches should be available. Think outside of the box brotha.

C'mon Duffman...given the current state of affairs (Embree et al coming into a burned down program) the staff has done a remarkable job of bringing in talent that has the ability to compete. I will go out on a limb (saw away you ****suckers) and say that the buffs will compete nationally next season. While I had hopes for a better performance this season, expect some upsets. There is no team in Division 1 football that can not be beat.

Go ahead and bitch and moan that the coaches should be fired (ain't gonna happen...that is unless you have 100 million or so to put into the budget).

C'mon Duffman...given the current state of affairs (Embree et al coming into a burned down program) the staff has done a remarkable job of bringing in talent that has the ability to compete. I will go out on a limb (saw away you ****suckers) and say that the buffs will compete nationally next season. While I had hopes for a better performance this season, expect some upsets. There is no team in Division 1 football that can not be beat.

Go ahead and bitch and moan that the coaches should be fired (ain't gonna happen...that is unless you have 100 million or so to put into the budget).

Alabama is unbeatable. Simple as that.

More than anything oline concerns the hell out of me. Kinda hard to get the right players when we dont have a clear cut identity, as Nik mentioned. Need to make up our mind what we are gonna do and live with it.

1. Fire Marshall, but obviously his recruits (with little to no offers) are AWESOME!
2. Speed. Where? Dunston? Parsons? Who else is really fast this class?
3. Brown the best in the conference? What the **** are you people watching.

1. Fire Marshall, but obviously his recruits (with little to no offers) are AWESOME!
2. Speed. Where? Dunston? Parsons? Who else is really fast this class?
3. Brown the best in the conference? What the **** are you people watching.

1. All marshall had to do was sell the campus and what type of offence we want to run. I never said they are awesome. I simply said that they solid players. We need solid players

2. Speed? This and the last class have much more then our upperclassman.

3. Again, you ****ing moron. I said he may be one of the best. Not the best. Again he is using Frosh and sub par players.

4. You are an epic moron. I literally can not comprehend how you can take my words and twist them into your own favor. You must be a lawyer.

1. All marshall had to do was sell the campus and what type of offence we want to run. I never said they are awesome. I simply said that they solid players. We need solid players

2. Speed? This and the last class have much more then our upperclassman.

3. Again, you ****ing moron. I said he may be one of the best. Not the best. Again he is using Frosh and sub par players.

4. You are an epic moron. I literally can not comprehend how you can take my words and twist them into your own favor. You must be a lawyer.

1. Offense, bro. I sure hope that isn't on the SATs. I'm not sure with how Marshall sold these recruits on committing has to do with their quality? My point, laid out in black and white since you seem to be having some trouble here, is that Marshall is proving to be an awful coach. He has signed off on these OL recruits that have few offers. You go on to say that you want Marshall fired asap, but you seem to think his recruiting is more than acceptable?

2. Well then, your examples have changed my mind. Thank you.

3. I'm sorry, I admit to scanning your poorly written jumbled mess of a post. Let me rephrase: Brown one of the best in the conference? What the **** are you people watching?

4. Epic moron? Well, considering you attempted to claim a world record for temperature just this summer, I guess you are qualified to throw that term around. I am not a lawyer.

Last edited:
Well stay in school, learn that its spelled offense. The problems are pretty obvious to see. Stop hanging around the frisbee guy with the afro.

Some talent to compete.

The problem with most of the ardent Embree defenders is they think simply fielding a football team every week and signing any recruits every February are minor miracles.

"Ballin' on the recruiting trail" is now reduced to being able to sign "solid" players. A half-assed endorsement if there ever was one.

CU has everything to offer, and a respectable coach should have every recruiting class ranked in the Top 25, even with the facility issues. Top 25 should be our minimum standard, and top 10 - 20 should be a reasonable expectation year in and year out.

CU has everything to offer, and a respectable coach should have every recruiting class ranked in the Top 25, even with the facility issues. Top 25 should be our minimum standard, and top 10 - 20 should be a reasonable expectation year in and year out.

I think if we're winning those could be the expectations. I'd be down to lower the expectations for current times to somewhere in the 30s and 40s.

Yet, we aren't there. We're #51 and probably going to fall even lower as the cycle finishes up. Apparently that's recruiting above par for some people. But what do I know, I'm an epic moron.

i like flounders enthusiasm but i just cant trust a man that is lactarded

I think if we're winning those could be the expectations. I'd be down to lower the expectations for current times to somewhere in the 30s and 40s.

Yet, we aren't there. We're #51 and probably going to fall even lower as the cycle finishes up. Apparently that's recruiting above par for some people. But what do I know, I'm an epic moron.

Agreed. Moreover, if Embree is kept the 2014 class will similar to Ricardo Pattons and Dan Hawkins last class. I firmly believe that the writing is on the wall and CU will bring Embree back for 2013, which will amount to nothing more than a lame duck year. Hate to say it, but I think that that is a brutally honest assessment.

It's sad that our University lets this happen. Whatever.

Our OL recruits + Marshall coaching them = DISASTER

If you think cu is going to make the jump into the top of the south with the way recruiting is going this year, you're outer limits.

They lost last year, everyone seems to forget...and they are younger defensively now

And that defense is still very good and the offense is much improved. LSU is really their only threat now and that's only because they are at Death Valley.

Back