What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting luncheon

I've been to enough of these things to know that they hype every player. So even guys like Bret Tonz got talked up a bunch. But you can tell when a coach really thinks a certain player is something special. MM thinks Falo is special. It remains to be seen what kind of impact he'll have. It's also true that we really need him to live up to the hype. He'll see the field this year, so we'll know pretty soon. He and the RB's may be the only ones to see the field this year.

Oh, and Kinney. He'll be the starting punter from day one.

Two other things really quick:

Lindgren and Jeffcoat were apparently tag teaming to get Montez. Jeffcoat found him (didn't say what he was doing in El Paso to begin with, but whatever), and once Lindgren saw him, they liked what they saw. Kid plays basketball, too, and apparently scored 28 points in one quarter recently. That prompted Tad (who was in attendance) to chime in "Two sport guy?" Lindgren got kind of red in the face, and stumbled over his words for a second before MM bailed him out and said "You bet, absolutely".

Klayton Adams was the lead recruiter for NJ Falo. He said that he got a tip from NJ's HS coach that he "needed to get down here". So he did. He sees none other than Mark Helfrich in the parking lot. It would seem that Helfrich was trying to get in on NJ at the last minute. Take that with whatever grain of salt you like, but it's interesting just the same.
Didn't you hear from people on AB that this staff can't recruit? :rolling_eyes:

Never base your opinion of a recruiting class solely on a recruiting luncheon.

This.

As I've said, I've been to probably a dozen of these things. They're all pretty much the same. Every kid gets hyped up. There are a few in this class that you could tell are going to be really good, though. Carr is going to be a freak, and I think Falo will be extremely effective. He's fast and disruptive. Offenses will have to account for him. Montez is also a kid that they're really high on. Those are probably the three that I got the biggest impression from by the coaches. They like Umu, Middlemiss and Lynott, but weren't nearly as effusive with their praise, IMO.

Oh, and one other thing: RG showed some nice renderings of the new facilities. This stuff is going to be off the hook. Seriously great looking stuff. He made the point to show the recruiting lounge. He said "this is where we close on the recruits". "Coach, if you can't close with this, you can't close".

Well, OK then... :lol:

Oh, and one other thing: RG showed some nice renderings of the new facilities. This stuff is going to be off the hook. Seriously great looking stuff. He made the point to show the recruiting lounge. He said "this is where we close on the recruits". "Coach, if you can't close with this, you can't close".

Well, OK then... :lol:

Barber chair?

This.

As I've said, I've been to probably a dozen of these things. They're all pretty much the same. Every kid gets hyped up. There are a few in this class that you could tell are going to be really good, though. Carr is going to be a freak, and I think Falo will be extremely effective. He's fast and disruptive. Offenses will have to account for him. Montez is also a kid that they're really high on. Those are probably the three that I got the biggest impression from by the coaches. They like Umu, Middlemiss and Lynott, but weren't nearly as effusive with their praise, IMO.
:nod: Most dynamic recruit CU has had since Richardson

Kid plays basketball, too, and apparently scored 28 points in one quarter recently. That prompted Tad (who was in attendance) to chime in "Two sport guy?" Lindgren got kind of red in the face, and stumbled over his words for a second before MM bailed him out and said "You bet, absolutely".
I would've responed, "Absolutely. And Tory Miller looks like an awesome tight end prospect."

Back