What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Luncheon

Get pissed at me if you want - I could care less. I'm telling you that Bohn MUST go. Our #1 donor who could write an enormous check is at the end of his rope and has lost confidence in the entire AD. Another sizable individual donor wants him gone ASAP.

If we want facilities upgrades anytime soon, we will have to have a smart, dynamic AD FIRST or we can forget it. Bohn cannot get this job done - he was the one who guaranteed a huge announcement last Sept. It did not happen then and never will without new leadership in the AD

In other words, we can expect you to be carrying the flag for Bohn's awesomeness when the facilities announcement is made?

Get pissed at me if you want - I could care less. I'm telling you that Bohn MUST go. Our #1 donor who could write an enormous check is at the end of his rope and has lost confidence in the entire AD. Another sizable individual donor wants him gone ASAP.

If we want facilities upgrades anytime soon, we will have to have a smart, dynamic AD FIRST or we can forget it. Bohn cannot get this job done - he was the one who guaranteed a huge announcement last Sept. It did not happen then and never will without new leadership in the AD
Well, many on here would agree Bohn isn't the answer. Generally, I am one of them. I think where most part ways is your position that Embree should have been given more time and the apparent consistency of your arguments that assign the FB failure to Bohn, and Bohn alone. There I disagree. Embree was great Buff, but there were no, repeat no, significant reasons to believe things were going in the right direction. A change had to be made and anybody who can't see that has more loyalty to a certain HC than the institution. That is messed up....

so you do care

And yet, without our #1 donor actually following through and making the donation he has apparently been promising for some time now, the facilities project can't move forward. And if the project can't move forward, it sounds like his confidence in the AD won't be restored.

In other words, a self fulfilling prophecy.

Those donors are either ignorant or just dragging their feet then. When/if Bohn does eventually go, they'll find another excuse not to donate. There are a lot of reasons not to like Bohn, but the fact is, the program should be bigger than Bohn. Get behind Mac, get behind the program, work WITH Bohn and things will improve. If the donors are as big as you say they are, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to sit down with Bohn and work to improve what we've got right now rather than constantly fighting the system. There are multiple ways for the big dog donors to ensure that their funds are used in a manner acceptable to them should they actually give a ****. It's not Bohn holding the program back, it's wannabe donors and "fans" like you acting like petulant children.

If Mac fails, Bohn is gone. Other than you and a few select others, I don't think anyone WANTS to see Mac fail.

If Mac succeeds, the donors will pony up whether Bohn is in charge or not and the program will advance with or without them.

There's no reason NOT to donate and work with the AD, as 'fd up as they can be sometimes to try to improve things. If the donors of whom you speak have worked to amass the fortunes they have they must have some business sense that could be very valuable to the AD. So I doubt they're stupid, which means they're just looking for reasons not to donate.

The caveat with all of this is that you are known to make **** up to further your agenda so who knows if anything you say is true, and I doubt anything you've said in this thread is even remotely true. At least you've kept your racism and homophobia to a minimum lately.

Go back to your hole and stick to your usual practice of showing up when one of the CU teams lose.

If Mac fails, Bohn is gone. Other than you and a few select others, I don't think anyone WANTS to see Mac fail.

One might almost think that removing Bohn (and having leverage in picking his replacement) has become the most important thing to a select group of people....

In other words, we can expect you to be carrying the flag for Bohn's awesomeness when the facilities announcement is made?

If Bohn can deliver on the facilities upgrade, I will absolutely give him credit unless it takes it first requires another five years of talking about it with no results in the interim. We are falling increasingly far behind the rest of the PAC 12. Based on what I have told, it ain't happening anytime soon and I don't think it ever will without new leadership in the AD. The evidence to-date strongly supports my point of view.

Here's a question for you - how many more years are you going to give this AD to raise the necessary $$$ to build upgraded facilities for athletics, which is his primary job, before you conclude he simply cannot get the job done?

No progress on facilities by the end of 2013 and Bohn should be on the hot seat.

rialto - I don't actually like Bohn much. I think he's a competent administrator who has a passion for this job. But I also think he's a politician, not a visionary or a leader. My current support for him is tied to the fact that I can't imagine Bruce & Phil hiring anyone who would contradict them or make waves and also to the fact that I have heard information that conflicts with yours regarding the funding situation on facilities and Bohn's relationship with the key donors. I don't think it's the right time to make a change. Make the announcement, get things moving, and then let our next CU President name his or her own AD.

No progress on facilities by the end of 2013 and Bohn should be on the hot seat.

Agreed.

However, if a few major donors want to do so, they are perfectly capable of ensuring there is no progress on facilities by the end of 2013.

Those donors are either ignorant or just dragging their feet then. When/if Bohn does eventually go, they'll find another excuse not to donate. There are a lot of reasons not to like Bohn, but the fact is, the program should be bigger than Bohn. Get behind Mac, get behind the program, work WITH Bohn and things will improve. If the donors are as big as you say they are, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to sit down with Bohn and work to improve what we've got right now rather than constantly fighting the system. There are multiple ways for the big dog donors to ensure that their funds are used in a manner acceptable to them should they actually give a ****. It's not Bohn holding the program back, it's wannabe donors and "fans" like you acting like petulant children.

If Mac succeeds, the donors will pony up whether Bohn is in charge or not and the program will advance with or without them.

There's no reason NOT to donate and work with the AD, as 'fd up as they can be sometimes to try to improve things. If the donors of whom you speak have worked to amass the fortunes they have they must have some business sense that could be very valuable to the AD. So I doubt they're stupid, which means they're just looking for reasons not to donate.

The caveat with all of this is that you are known to make **** up to further your agenda so who knows if anything you say is true, and I doubt anything you've said in this thread is even remotely true. At least you've kept your racism and homophobia to a minimum lately.

Go back to your hole and stick to your usual practice of showing up when one of the CU teams lose.

So now it's the donor's fault??? You're an idiot if you think attacking CU's potential big money donors makes sense. They simply don't believe in the leadership and direction of the AD - for example, it's not lost on key donors that Bohn singularly targeted Butch Jones, who was viewed as a bad fit who did not inspire confidence. In fact, most CU fans would agree that we dodged a bullet by not hiring Bohn's #1 choice and that MacIntyre was a far better choice. So why was Butch Jones targeted in the first place????

If you had the financial resources, which very few do, would you write a $50 mm check to the AD, with the current leadership? Really think about that question befroe answering

So now it's the donor's fault??? You're an idiot if you think attacking CU's potential big money donors makes sense. They simply don't believe in the leadership and direction of the AD - for example, it's not lost on key donors that Bohn singularly targeted Butch Jones, who was viewed as a bad fit who did not inspire confidence. In fact, most CU fans would agree that we dodged a bullet by not hiring Bohn's #1 choice and that MacIntyre was a far better choice. So why was Butch Jones targeted in the first place????

If you had the financial resources, which very few do, would you write a $50 mm check to the AD, with the current leadership? Really think about that question befroe answering

It is also not lost on many of us what happened the last time that key people outside the AD were allowed to dictate who should be the next head coach.

rialto - I don't actually like Bohn much. I think he's a competent administrator who has a passion for this job. But I also think he's a politician, not a visionary or a leader. My current support for him is tied to the fact that I can't imagine Bruce & Phil hiring anyone who would contradict them or make waves and also to the fact that I have heard information that conflicts with yours regarding the funding situation on facilities and Bohn's relationship with the key donors. I don't think it's the right time to make a change. Make the announcement, get things moving, and then let our next CU President name his or her own AD.

I don't agree, but you make a reasonable argument if we are actually close to raising real funds from donors for facility upgrades.

It is also not lost on many of us what happened the last time that key people outside the AD were allowed to dictate who should be the next head coach.

it also should not be lost on you that Embree and staff were fired by the same key people outside the AD who hired him.

They simply don't believe in the leadership and direction of the AD - for example, it's not lost on key donors that Bohn singularly targeted Butch Jones, who was viewed as a bad fit who did not inspire confidence.

I don't agree, but you make a reasonable argument if we are actually close to raising real funds from donors for facility upgrades.

You're doing a pretty good job of giving the impression that we are actually close to raising real funds from donors, but they are choosing not to write the checks.

What you haven't established is why it is Bohn's fault that they're making that choice, or what he is supposed to do about it.

it also should not be lost on you that Embree and staff were fired by the same key people outside the AD who hired him.

And now are blaming Bohn for the state of the football program and want to fire him as a result.

And now are blaming Bohn for the state of the football program and want to fire him as a result.

I think I see where you're going. It has bothered me for a while that CU fans seem to expect a Rolls Royce while only being willing to pay for a Moped. Within this culture, we seem to have potential big boosters who are constantly dangling the carrot of what they could do if only everyone would start dancing to their tune. Of course, these potential big boosters aren't a unified front in complete agreement on the direction things should take so pleasing one faction pisses off another. My concern with Bohn and his management of these boosters is that he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who commands the room or the type of negotiator projects strength while making it clear that he'll walk if he has to put up with bull****. I worry that he's getting pushed around by trying to play politics and please everyone. My style would be to lay out a vision and rally people to it rather than allowing boosters to drive the vision. And I'd make it clear that if you want to play, you have to pay. Maybe that approach would fall on its ass and I'm completely wrong, but I'd be much more comfortable right now if I believed that Bohn was doing things my way.

This really surprises me. The money came so easily pre-Bohn. Then Bohn was hired and all the millions in regular annual donations immediately disappeared.

No, you are wrong, sir! Bohn is magnificent. I wish for many more seasons of non-bowl games. Perhaps all of the seasons!

Great to meet Rugged and Snow today.
Overall impression of the lunch today is that it lacked planning or a budget. The whole balloon thing was stolen from a third grader birthday party. Coaches were introduced and walked thru the crowd holding a helium balloon. The room would have made a nice prom setting, but football?! Balloons?! $5k donation got you a CU/Broncos helmet and the chance to pop a balloon (with a prize inside-like a suite for the spring game). Wow... $5k should get you the chance to pop a cherry not a balloon.
Going to be a long road back to respectability. MM is full of sunshine, lets hope he can repeat this turn-around at CU. 5 offers already out to Colorado juniors, that stuck in my mind.

Darth - did an older gentleman & his son end up sitting at your table?

You guys are staying at Hooters in Vegas for the Pac-12, right?

Funny. Yeah, that was us. Whelp, time to go into hiding.

Rialto is most definitely not in the inner circle here. My buddy's table was next to said oil & Gas table, has 7 figures committed to project and is quite happy with situation. As with many things involving construction in Boulder and spending money at CU, the hurdles of red tape are high. Bohn has not been the problem here.

But thanks for your input here Joel! Keeping consistent with your personal agenda.

As for progress? Slower than hoped. They are smartly not doing a play by play in the public eye. But plans are slowly moving forward. If said large donor was so unhappy with Bohn that would have been fixed rather quickly.

rialto is one of the Embo do or die crowd that puts loyaty to Embo above all else. That is sad to see because virtually all of us are fans of Embo, or any other former Buff great, but saw that it wasn't working with him as HC...and wasn't going to. For the good of the Univ. the change had to be made. Some, like rialto, only care about Embo, and would gladly watch it burn down as long as one of theirs got taken care of. At least that is the way I see it. I don't think any rational person could have watched last year and come to any conclusion but that it was time for a change.

In Colorado the "build it and they will come" doesn't work. Once CU starts winning again, then they will come and build.

Back