What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Luncheon

Rialto is most definitely not in the inner circle here. My buddy's table was next to said oil & Gas table, has 7 figures committed to project and is quite happy with situation. As with many things involving construction in Boulder and spending money at CU, the hurdles of red tape are high. Bohn has not been the problem here.

But thanks for your input here Joel! Keeping consistent with your personal agenda.

As for progress? Slower than hoped. They are smartly not doing a play by play in the public eye. But plans are slowly moving forward. If said large donor was so unhappy with Bohn that would have been fixed rather quickly.

Finkle is Einhorn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Get pissed at me if you want - I could care less. I'm telling you that Bohn MUST go. Our #1 donor who could write an enormous check is at the end of his rope and has lost confidence in the entire AD. Another sizable individual donor wants him gone ASAP.

If we want facilities upgrades anytime soon, we will have to have a smart, dynamic AD FIRST or we can forget it. Bohn cannot get this job done - he was the one who guaranteed a huge announcement last Sept. It did not happen then and never will without new leadership in the AD

hmm, good to know, I thought it didn't happen because the Football team was getting worse with every game and getting blown out in historical fashion. Thanks for setting me straight.

Ha. That was my brother & dad. I bought them tickets for the luncheon & when they described you guys, I knew exactly who they were talking about. They found you all entertaining & good Buff fans. I didn't tell them anything about your personas on the board. :thumbsup:
both good peeps. Your bro is a good person to know!

Ha. That was my brother & dad. I bought them tickets for the luncheon & when they described you guys, I knew exactly who they were talking about. They found you all entertaining & good Buff fans. I didn't tell them anything about your personas on the board. :thumbsup:

It's probably best that Rugged didn't know they had a daughter/sister. Things might have gotten awkward...

Rialto is most definitely not in the inner circle here. My buddy's table was next to said oil & Gas table, has 7 figures committed to project and is quite happy with situation. As with many things involving construction in Boulder and spending money at CU, the hurdles of red tape are high. Bohn has not been the problem here.

But thanks for your input here Joel! Keeping consistent with your personal agenda.

As for progress? Slower than hoped. They are smartly not doing a play by play in the public eye. But plans are slowly moving forward. If said large donor was so unhappy with Bohn that would have been fixed rather quickly.

I hope you are right - we'll see. If Bohn gets this done, I will give him full credit. I know the the head of the CU Foundation and your info is not consistent at all with his take.

Last edited:

Perhaps Bohn should learn to be a little more guarded in public statements. He tends to get himself in trouble.

May take some 8 or 9 figure donations to get this project done.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a 9 figure donation.

Of course. That was posted in jest. Its not like we are all lining up to make 5and 6 figure donations. Hell, Benson's own wife had to buy a $5k balloon just to save face - and that was at the recruiting lunch full of boosters!

That's a hell of a balloon!

balloon-boy1-560x420.jpg

Of course. That was posted in jest. Its not like we are all lining up to make 5and 6 figure donations. Hell, Benson's own wife had to buy a $5k balloon just to save face - and that was at the recruiting lunch full of boosters!

The original coach Mac was selling footballs and helmets when Hawkins first got here and they raised almost $260,000 at the lunch and all of the money went to the recruiting budget.

Back