What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting "Quiet Period" Coming Up

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm sure you have noticed a lot of new offers during the past few weeks. In fact, I don't think we are caught up with profiles on AllBuffs right now.

That's because it's the spring evaluation period for 2013 prospects. Coaches have been on the road since April 15th and this will continue until May 31st. During this time, coaches can go to high schools to do academic and athletic evaluations. Lots of offers come from this.

Starting June 1st, though, we enter a Quiet Period. Coaches won't be traveling (some will be taking vacations while there's a chance to do so before the next recruiting period and the prep for fall camp). Also during the Quiet Period, recruits can call coaches but coaches won't be calling them. Many recruits will also make unofficial visits during that time. I believe that Facebook and Twitter messages are ok to be sent by coaches, too.

This upcoming Quiet Period runs until July 31st.

The good news is that we'll have some time to clean up our databases during that 2 months.

Also, since things settle down for recruits during those months you'll see a lot of commitments. Recruits who want to make a decision before their senior year football camp starts in August will have the time to think about who has offered, who they like, narrow down lists, and possibly commit. Many others will decide on their 5 official visits (or at least some of them) while figuring out the best weekends to make trips during their senior seasons.

So, not necessarily a lot of new names or profiles in June or July but we will see a lot of movement and get a good sense for which of the players CU has targeted have legitimate interest and what positions the coaches may need to do some work to fill in and re-stack the recruiting board during the fall.

If you need some help with profiles shoot me a message with what I can help out with.

I'll also help out. I need something else to do then study AP Chemistry...

I'll also help out. I need something else to do then study AP Chemistry...

Something tells me that you didn't take AP English Language (sorry, but I couldn't resist). Also, the AP tests are in May, so why would you be studying for an AP test over the summer? Are you self-teaching yourself chemistry, or will you just be doing summer readings? Good luck either way.

Well, I said that we'd see a lot of commitments starting in June. This is insane, though. Dominoes are falling faster than I've ever seen.

Well, I said that we'd see a lot of commitments starting in June. This is insane, though. Dominoes are falling faster than I've ever seen.

I just don't know whether it's good or bad. I've never seen this before...

Sounds like Hawkins tinted glasses, we have not seen this many commits this early in a long time.

Boise state Still prefers to recruit a large group And wait for kids who thought they were USC bound. Risky tactic here IMO.

Back