What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Rankings

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
With today being the first day of the early signing period, you're going to see a lot of recruiting rankings pop up. The first one I've seen is Jeff Borzello's which has us at #21 nationally and #3 in the PAC-12.

This is HUGE.

21. Colorado: A very solid class so far. Scott and Gordon should form a good inside tandem down low, while Johnson is talented when healthy.

3. Colorado: An underrated class nationally, Josh Scott, Xavier Johnson and Wesley Gordon are solid.

All 5 committed players faxed in their LOIs and have been cleared by the CU Compliance Office.

Welcome to CU!

HUGE congrats to the Basketball coaches. I am absolutely thrilled about the future of the Colorado Basketball programs.

Super kudo's to both coaching staffs.

The ladies reeled in the top player in 2 different states, to go along with a jazzy point guard. Rankings for the ladies haven't been around for too long, so there's not much historical to compare, but I'd bet this is one of the better classes for the womens' bball team. 2 top 100 players -- wow!

As far as the men's signees go, I don't remember the Buffs having more than 1 3* recruit in any one class. This class has 2 solid 4*, nationally ranked top 100 players, another with 3/4/3 stars (depending on the rag) and ranked at his position, and 2 players with 3/2 * ratings.

:jawdrop:

This is a really, really great start with recruiting for Boyle and the 'Buffs!!!!

The incoming talent to the Pac is outstanding this year, and it won't be a looked-over conference for long...

Recruiting wins! Winning brings fans, fans bring a great atmosphere, and a great atmosphere brings in better recruits.

Dare I say: This deal is about to....pop?

Reading on here about all of the excitement and all of my own excitement is making me think Friday will be a huge packed event at the Keg, but I fear I will be disappointed because this is a small sample of our fans.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

"If you build it, they will come." New practice facility looking like a pretty damn good investment right about now.

So friggin allsome. I figured it was a good class, but that kind of ranking for this school is amazing. Tad is rad.

Hoopgurlz has us with the #20 class in the nation and the #2 class in the PAC-12.
Yes but neither of those will hold. That was as of 11/1. Between 11/1 and 11/9, a number of top players committed. UCLA picked up enough that they have moved ahead of CU and probably even ahead of Stanford. There are also still ten top 100 players who have not committed. CU is in on one of those, Je Zhe Newton, but so are others in the PAC-12 in on her and some of the other players. Even with Newton committing to CU (hope, hope) we will not likely move back up.

We will still end up with a teriffic class, it probably just won't be ranked quite as high in the final analysis as it was on 11/1 unless the coaches have another rabbit in the hat that we know nothing about at this time.

"If you build it, they will come." New practice facility looking like a pretty damn good investment right about now.
As little as I care for Bzdelic, he gets kudos for kind of forcing the AD to build it. Of course, he then turned tail and split. Which, come to think about it, he gets kudos for as well. Because now we have a better coach, IMO.

As little as I care for Bzdelic, he gets kudos for kind of forcing the AD to build it. Of course, he then turned tail and split. Which, come to think about it, he gets kudos for as well. Because now we have a better coach, IMO.

I think this is all also a big credit of Mike Bohn's work. He sees how Basketball can be a important part of an Athletic Department, and put the time, money and effort into the program, something that didnt happen in the Dick Thorpe days.

I think this is all also a big credit of Mike Bohn's work. He sees how Basketball can be a important part of an Athletic Department, and put the time, money and effort into the program, something that didnt happen in the Dick Thorpe days.
I will choose to agree with your point.

HoopGurlz has updated their 2012 WBB recruiting class rankings to reflect all the early signees and, as expected, Colorado has slipped down some because of the large number of highly ranked players who had not verballed prior to their signing. Our Buffs 2012 WBB class is now ranked at #27 and is the #4 class in the PAC-12. The 2 PAC teams that leapfrogged CU are UCLA, ranked at #12, which picked up the #11 ranked player, and USC, ranked at #14, which picked up the 5 star #6 ranked player. Coming in right behind CU are UW at #28 and OSU at #29. The final rankings could again shuffle a bit since there are still 5 players ranked in the top 100 who have not committed: #37, 47, 66 (Je Zhe Newton, who has CU on her list as well as UW), 78, and 97. Depending on where these players sign, the final rankings could shift more. But I think we stay in that top 30 and, if Newton opts for CU, we could gain a spot or two.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...syear=2012&classmonth=12&rank=27&viewmore=yes

HoopGurlz has updated their 2012 WBB recruiting class rankings to reflect all the early signees and, as expected, Colorado has slipped down some because of the large number of highly ranked players who had not verballed prior to their signing. Our Buffs 2012 WBB class is now ranked at #27 and is the #4 class in the PAC-12. The 2 PAC teams that leapfrogged CU are UCLA, ranked at #12, which picked up the #11 ranked player, and USC, ranked at #14, which picked up the 5 star #6 ranked player

good post. I think you meant USC and UCLA there.

Back