What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Regislator and Regents feelings on Pac 10 move

Del

State Legislator and Regents feelings on Pac 10 move

As a CU alum living in Austin, I have no real idea of the political pulse in Colorado. If CU does in fact receive an invitation to join the Pac 10 what do you Colorado residents think the reaction from the state legislator would be? Do you think the regents would vote to make the switch? Do you think the upcoming election would have any potential impact? Any thoughts would be welcomed.

My impression is that it's already been rubber stamped by the politicos and the academics. As far as residents, I don't hear much negativity at all. Little bit of nostalgia for the end of the Big 8 traditions, the occasional transplant from Nebraska posting stupidity on the Denver Post's web site in response to an article, and the requisite couple of CSU fans who also want to get their negative comments in. Now that we're talking about going along with Texas and Oklahoma schools, transplants from those states have quieted as have the people who were trying to say that it was all about running away from competition (new conference would be a juggernaut).

P.S. Kansas fans have been classy and just wished us the best while being shaken over the possibility of being left out in the cold. I haven't heard from KSU fans, but most of the reports have been in written form so it may take a while before they're aware of what's going on.

I have to say that at least 90% of the state of Colorado is behind a CU move to the Pac-10. I believe it was the other way around back in 1994 when the Buffs joined the Big 12.

So, are you talking about the legislature that pumps so much money into higher education? I'm not so sure that they have much of a say anymore. If any one of them opens his/her mouth, they should be voted out of office. They have no say IMO.

Last edited:
Sad to say, I really haven't heard much reaction one way or the other from residents, and I doubt most of the legislature will give much of a ****. Although a couple of desperate Lammie alums will probably try to force CU to get CSU admitted too... :lol:

Back