What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Relegation

Yeah, I think that's where that whole "highly selective" thing comes into play.

Stanford is a just a graduate school with an undergraduate athletic department serving as a marketing wing.
Pretty sure Stanford coddles their undergrads. Once you get past admissions, it's a basic nursery. If Stanford were that tough, more of their freshmen would drop out.

Rationally discuss something that is completely out of the realm of possibilities. Talk about irrational and stupid

Pretty sure most things on this or any football board are stupid and outside the realm of possibilities. You think I'm keeping you from addressing important life issues here in Allbuffs?

Are all the different sports relegated too? Do some stay and some go? Talk about a scheduling nightmare. Comparing it to Euro soccer isn't great because they are only dealing with one sport. Also, conference affiliation is helpful to the academic side as well as the athletic side.

It is a bit silly of a discussion.

Stanford is a just a graduate school with an undergraduate athletic department serving as a marketing wing.
Pretty sure Stanford coddles their undergrads. Once you get past admissions, it's a basic nursery. If Stanford were that tough, more of their freshmen would drop out.

Pretty sure your assessment is way off, but differences of opinion are fine with me.

It's impossible to rationally discuss an idiotic concept.

Rationally, it's an absurd idea. The fact that each conference member school has more than one varsity sport immediately disqualifies the idea right out of the box. What are you going to do, tell CU that their football team is in the MWC but all the rest of their sports can stay in the PAC 12? Ridiculous.

Irrationally, it's just as absurd, but we get to throw around words like "insane", "clueless" and "dumbfuk".

At the end of the day, whether the discussion is rational or not is irrelevant. It's a comically retarded idea.

Rationally, it's an absurd idea. The fact that each conference member school has more than one varsity sport immediately disqualifies the idea right out of the box. What are you going to do, tell CU that their football team is in the MWC but all the rest of their sports can stay in the PAC 12? Ridiculous.

Irrationally, it's just as absurd, but we get to throw around words like "insane", "clueless" and "dumbfuk".

At the end of the day, whether the discussion is rational or not is irrelevant. It's a comically retarded idea.

To get it to work you would have to have the same number of sports at all schools and then base it on total wins/losses for all the sports per school. I see no way that is remotely feasible. The texas' and Michigans would dominate.

We really should shift this discussion to Pac-12 expanding with UT.

Because morons make me hostile and angry.

163851_1504594861745_4312166_n.jpg

As others have said, you cannot rationally discuss an irrational concept, please close this thread.

I hate that merit/performance based idea. Commies!

Your relegation concept is alive and well with the coaching hires. Win and a coach moves up the food chain. Loose and your options become more downwardly mobile.

No point punishing Montez and other RS players for the performance of players ahead of them.

Your relegation concept is alive and well with the coaching hires. Win and a coach moves up the food chain. Loose and your options become more downwardly mobile.

I also think coach compensation should be largely incentive based. Low six figure base salary with really big upside if you win. Eat what you kill. Strong at Texas will take home $10M in two years for two losing seasons. WTF? I'm ok with giving a guy time, but not a $5M a pop.

Back