What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Report: Aggie gets SEC invite (was: SEC Must Be Voting Today)

15roc39.gif

I should have credited source; I pulled it from baylorfans which pulled it from texags.

Don't lose hope yet..... Maybe they'll pick up a team or three. Lets start the SMU/Houston/BYU/CSU :lol:/ etc to the texas 12 campaign

By the way the laugh face after CSU is not because I think it's laughable that CSU would go to a BCS conference (it's on a whole new level far past laughable) but because CSU invokes laughter in general. I mean, come on, CSU :lol:

By the way the laugh face after CSU is not because I think it's laughable that CSU would go to a BCS conference (it's on a whole new level far past laughable) but because CSU invokes laughter in general. I mean, come on, CSU :lol:

Hey, if it keeps UTerus from coming to the Pac, I'm all for it.

Don't dismiss CSU to the Big12 all together. UT controls that thing, and they would love to get another school that they know they can beat all the time plus it gets one of their two markets that they just lost. It's not like it will be a fair split for revenue sharing anyway, UT doesn't really have that much to lose... It's a win win for both until they play the games. Add in 2 of SMU/TCU/Houston and they have a conference that I am sure any Texan would love, plus other than OU it lines things up for UT pretty good every year.

Some Texas to Big 10 rumors popping up again. That would make things real interesting.

Some Texas to Big 10 rumors popping up again. That would make things real interesting.

I sure hope so.... that would be even better. It'd keep UT away from us and make NU very happy :lol:. Though I will knock on wood since it is much more likely UT will be in the Pac and therefore it will be NU laughing at us :huh:

If you were the Big Ten watching the SEC about to go "super" why would you not consider this expansion strategy:

Oklahoma (you already let in Nebraska who lost their AAU membership so that is no longer sacrosanct. OU isn't a horrible school, they are close to Missouri in many rankings and are a Space Grant university.

If adding traditional football power Nebraska was a good idea, then it goes the same for OU. It adds another of the strongest rivalry games in college sports history to the league.

Next: add Texas. Going to the Big Ten and the academic benefits to that school probably allows UT to split from T-Tech and Baylor much easier, especially if Missouri is targeted by the SEC and OU leaves for the Big Ten putting the Big 12 on the brink of collapse.

Maryland. Big school, fits academic profile, covers two huge DMAs in Baltimore and Washington DC, adds a greater NE presence for the league, develop a true rival for Penn State.

A "super" SEC and an expanded Big Ten almost assures that they could then convince Deloss Dodds' good buddies at Notre Dame to join them as well. Most likely there would be at least 1 if not 2 ACC schools being targeted by SEC which would create opportunity to pull Maryland out.

Divisions could be split East/West and maintain balance between football powers, while retaining rivalries.

This conference would then become an equal with the expanded SEC as the most powerful conferences once again, which they both lost when Larry Scott showed up. The TV money would be ridiculous, but they would actually have teams that could represent the conference in the title game. I honestly feel that is a scenario that Notre Dame would consider joining and I bet OU and UT would jump at as well. It would leave enough strength in the old Big 12 to combine with the remnants of the Big East to retain a BCS auto-bid which would be the best thing for Iowa State and Baylor so they should be supportive of only two more Big 12 teams leaving.

EAST
WEST
Maryland
Northwestern
Penn State
Illinois
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan
Minnesota
Michigan State
Iowa
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Purdue
Oklahoma
Indiana
Texas

The SEC targets would probably come from: Missouri, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, or North Carolina (longshot) to go along with Texas A&M. North Carolina politics probably block the Tar Heels from leaving their brethren behind, but an expansion of Missouri and Texas A&M to the west and Virginia Tech and West Virginia to the east would be pretty damn good for the SEC. They would be adding three huge states to their footprint and some natural rivalries would develop in all sports. West Virginia-Kentucky, Virginia Tech-Tennessee, VT-WVU, A&M-LSU, A&M-Arky, Arky-Mizzou. Thats some good content right there.

The ACC would be forced to raid the Big East once again to at least get back to 12 teams. Pittsburgh, Syracuse, UConn, Rutgers, and Louisville would all be in the conversation and if they wanted to get to 16 then all 5 of them would be invited.

That would leave the Big East with: Cincy, South Florida, and TCU in football. With the Big 12 leftovers: Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Baylor needing more members it seems easy that TCU would be invited to join. Then there would be options to expand east (Cincy, East Carolina, USF, UCF, and Memphis) or west (Houston, New Mexico, Air Force, Colorado State); or possibly merge with the Mountain West in order to ensure retention of the BCS auto-bid. In that scenario they would be a pretty solid football and basketball conference.

WestCentral
San Diego StateIowa State
Fresno StateKansas
UNLVKansas State
NevadaOklahoma State
Boise StateTCU
WyomingBaylor
Colorado StateTexas Tech
Air ForceNew Mexico

Last edited:
Sure and the question is if these other conferences are going super conference shouldn't the PAC 12 do it to??
We all hate UT but it could become an issue of relevance and the ability to compete if everybody else starts jumping on it.

Sure and the question is if these other conferences are going super conference shouldn't the PAC 12 do it to??
We all hate UT but it could become an issue of relevance and the ability to compete if everybody else starts jumping on it.

If UT and OU join Big Ten, there would be no appeal or valuable teams for the Pac-12 to expand further.

If UT and OU join Big Ten, there would be no appeal or valuable teams for the Pac-12 to expand further.

And if everyone else is in a super conference just where would that leave the PAC-12?
I agree with ITB I don't think Scott will just stand there and watch the PAC-12 be in danger of losing a competitive edge.

Big 10 isn't going to happen. It would be highly unlikely the Big 10 would expand in that direction even if OU and UT could do it without OSU and TTU needing to ride in on their coat tails. But those coat tails exist.

Put on your rain gear, the poop has hit the fan and it is going to get messy. Thank goodness CU has a spot in the P12.

According to my sources :lol:, UT will not give up on the LHN, which means no P12.

OU and Okie Lite prefer the P12. Look for that to happen.

Mizzou or WVU may be # 14 for the SEC, I look for the SEC to go to 16.

When that happens, the B10 will make a move to 16, and the Pac 12 will too IMO. The deck chairs are being moved, and ISU, Baylor look to be the big losers.

It is gonna be fun towatch over the next month or so as teams look for exits to get away from Bevo. UT overplayed their hand badly, and I doubt they will get in a conference unless the ACC, which will likely be raided by the SEC, let's Bevo ride in to begin the destruction of their third conference.

According to the link provided by BuffNut above, an unspecified B12 member (read Bailer), has withdrawn it's previous consent to the departure of aTm, thus putting a fly in the ointment. Like a shunned chubby HS girl, Bailer is hanging on for all they are worth (which ain't much).

Last edited:
Those numbers are about to get alot bigger in coming years.

esp LSU and Arkie. when i used to read texags and one of their other boards (forget what it was called) years ago fairly often, ags used to have a lot of hand-wringing about LSU making inroads into Houston area. so much so that they thought a home and home with LSU (which used to be kind of a rivalry in the 80's)...was seen as a bad idea today.

Les Miles said Texas was going to be SEC country for recruiting when the switch happens.
Texas is gonna be PAC country too. UT can only take so many guys even if it keeps its #1 status in state. And the Big12 (if it survives) will be seen as a loser conference by recruits. All those texass schools in the Big12S are FURKED!

Back