What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rest of the Season

dyemeduke

Looking back, I'm disappointed in the following games: CSU, @TAMU, @ISU. Those all should have been wins, in my opinion, and CU laid eggs. CU also very well could have gone to OSU and won, but I wasn't expecting that.

Still, they stand 12-14 right now with a 3-9 conference record. It's not that great, especially considering that I really thought we had a shot to make an NIT run. So, unless we make some serious noise in the Big 12 Tournament, we aren't having a postseason, but we still improved a lot as a team.

I think we'll lose by a decent amount to Mizzou, but we'll then close out the season with three straight wins. We finish 15-15 and 6-10 in the conference prior to conference tournament. That's not too bad, considering we were pegged dead last in the conference by some. I know my statement of us winning three straight sounds a little optimistic, particularly since I predicted NIT at the start of the season, but they're against weak teams.

By the way - Big 12 basketball is pretty good, definitely better than Pac 10 in my opinion. This year, I think Big 12 is second best to the Big East.

WOW - excellent prediction...I'd give you rep, but apparently that's not allowed for some reason. So what do you think is going to happen - NIT? I mean, it wasn't that spectacular of a prediction, but still, you called it. I think you also predicted the Buffs could fight their way into the NIT at the start of the season, and last year, you predicted we'd be horrible. So, what's the outlook? Next season?

Oh stop it, you're making me blush. No, even if we win against Tech, I'm not convinced we get into the NIT. There are a lot of good teams out there. I say we beat Tech, but lose in the 2nd round. Then, hopefully the NIT committee likes us...not a lock though.

Next season, we are looking good obviously, but as many have said along with me, we need a big. I at first thought that with a big, we'd make a tourney run next year, but I think we need more improvement. Sharpe is that hope. If he exceeds expectations, then yes, we can make a run. We just need someone else to step up in addition to having a big man, because the bigs we're looking at will not be dominant fives. They will help a lot, but we need more help for them. I am looking at Sharpe and Hornbuckle. I was hoping Dufault would improve this year, but he may have to wait until his Sr. season if Crawford comes back.

Lot of words to say this: We do not make the NIT this year, even after beating Tech. Next season, we make the NIT at the least, and make a run at the tourney. We will get a Loe, but not Ndiaye or the other ID center. Loe and an improved Harris Tunks will help down low, but our team is really shaping up to be more of a threat from the wings. Burks, Higgins, Relphorde, with support from Hornbuckle and Sharpe.

do you find it odd and narcisstic that you're replying to yourself? I mean, there's a reason nobody else has replied to you...yet here you are...

You got me. Even after I read the part about not being able to rep yourself, I still didn't get it. Classic indeed.

Well played. I'll give you the rep that you couldn't give yourself.

EDIT: No rep for now. Apparently I'm a dirty, dirty whore, who gives away rep at the drop of a hat. I'm gonna make it rain!!

Back