What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Returning Production Rankings

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
Bill Connelly just posted his returning production rankings for next season. I almost put this in the Eliot thread, but this is illustrative of just how much impact CU is losing on the defensive side of the ball. However, the offense should be even better next year, so who knows if it will offset. Either way, I think it's reasonable to say that you should prepare yourself for CU to win games in a very different fashion next year:

upload_2017-1-31_9-1-24.png

So far as the schedule is concerned: CSU is 14th in returning production, Washington is 70th (although they have similar ranks on both O and D), UCLA is 99th, Arizona is 23rd, OSU is 40th, WSU is 43rd, Cal is 82nd, Arizona State is 35th, USC is 71st, and Utah is the only team on the schedule with less returning production at 115th.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-31_9-1-12.png
    upload_2017-1-31_9-1-12.png
    327 bytes · Views: 5
Losing your starting QB would really skew things, I'd think.

Statistically, I'd expect Montez to put up bigger numbers than Sefo did. So that's not a concern to me.

Defensively, as we all know, is a huge question mark. Lost 8 starters, but signed 5 JUCOs for that side while bringing White back (top of S depth chart after 2015 spring). Only 1 coach returning on that side. So many pieces that have to fit together, but the potential is there.

CSU defense was garbage and they lost their best defensive player. Montez and co. should be able to score at will.

CSU defense was garbage and they lost their best defensive player. Montez and co. should be able to score at will.
Nick Stevens played well down the stretch this year, but he is far from a sure thing in week one. Sigh. I guess we will go through another offseason of debating the confidence level Buff fans should have against a mid level G5 team.

Nick Stevens played well down the stretch this year, but he is far from a sure thing in week one. Sigh. I guess we will go through another offseason of debating the confidence level Buff fans should have against a mid level G5 team.
He played well down the stretch in 2015 against some bad defenses in the MWC and was selected to 2nd team all conference and then was complete garbage against us last year lol.

Bill Connelly just posted his returning production rankings for next season. I almost put this in the Eliot thread, but this is illustrative of just how much impact CU is losing on the defensive side of the ball. However, the offense should be even better next year, so who knows if it will offset. Either way, I think it's reasonable to say that you should prepare yourself for CU to win games in a very different fashion next year

With all the coaching turnover and all the player turn over I'd agree. I hope we can just win. At least the OOC early sched is well timed for this debacle.

Losing your starting QB would really skew things, I'd think.

Statistically, I'd expect Montez to put up bigger numbers than Sefo did. So that's not a concern to me.

Defensively, as we all know, is a huge question mark. Lost 8 starters, but signed 5 JUCOs for that side while bringing White back (top of S depth chart after 2015 spring). Only 1 coach returning on that side. So many pieces that have to fit together, but the potential is there.
We get Jaisen Sanchez back from injury as well.

Early prediction will be 49-24 Buffs
The offense will be unreal and unstoppable, and special teams have to be better than this past year.
The defense will give up a few early scores, but will cause turnovers and start to dominate again. Defensive Line will figure it out and Falo and McCartney will be sacking machines. Linebackers are solid. Defensive Backfield will be solid and will improve quickly with Laguda, Moeller, Fisher, Oliver, Julmisse, and Wigley to start out. Possibly more athletic than this year, just do not have the experience and toughness the old Money Gang had.
CU will not lose to CSU the rest of the series the way things are going.

It's worth pointing out that, while far from an efficient line this far out (with low limits and -120 lines), CU is favored by 6.5 over CSU right now.

Back