What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Revenge of the Nerds: Not only do they hack your computer but kick your behind in FB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...anford-northwestern-vanderbilt/?sct=cf_t11_a2

It'll be interesting to see if those nerd schools can sustain their success on the gridiron. And MacIntyre went to both Vandy and GT, the latter possibly being a nerd school itself. Given this trend, has CU found the right head coach in MacIntyre?

What's really interesting is the shot that Kain Colter takes at Colorado.

"I'm not going to lie and say I didn't fall for the party scene at some schools, the great facilities at others," said Northwestern quarterback Kain Colter, an Englewood, Colo., native. "... My dad played at Colorado and had a great time there, won a national championship, but he realized some of the degrees some of the players got there are meaningless. Football is going to end for us at some point. There's life after football, and Northwestern is the platform I needed to get that going."

Actually, after I read it a couple times, I'm not sure it's a shot as much as just an uninformed kid running his mouth. I think he was trying to say some guys who played with his dad got stupid degrees and that he was choosing to put where the best place to go for his intended future career, obviously thinking Northwestern is that place.

CU's not the best school for everything, if my kid wanted to be a veterinarian, I'd tell him that he'd be better off not going to CU and going to another school, so long as it wasn't the sheep school.

Revenge of the Nerds: Not only do they hack your computer but kick your behind

I could have decided to go to CU myself but I went to a school that was a better fit for me and I'm thankful I have a good paying job because of what I learned at that school. CU is not the best fit for everyone.

Alfred91, which vet school is the best in the US? If it was CSU, wouldn't you be robbing your kid of an opportunity to study at the best vet school? And some good natured ribbing in the household? :)

Back