What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG going on AM1190 - they want questions from Allbuffs

Friday at 6-8pm is an awful time. Should be Wednesdays from 4-6 during commute time.

I don't like the idea of athletic dorms at all. Just another move closer tos emi-pro.
Disagree. Very difficult on our program to keep these kids eating the way they need to eat when they are living in crappy housing off campus. And pretty much all housing off campus is both crappy and too expensive, which then cuts into the grocery budget.

The KU situation is pretty awesome. It's apartment living with kitchens, etc, but with a meal plan as well. Our guys need to eat a lot and often.

Disagree. Very difficult on our program to keep these kids eating the way they need to eat when they are living in crappy housing off campus. And pretty much all housing off campus is both crappy and too expensive, which then cuts into the grocery budget.

The KU situation is pretty awesome. It's apartment living with kitchens, etc, but with a meal plan as well. Our guys need to eat a lot and often.

Plus, it's a major piece to recruiting. You want to show the recruit and his parent(s) where he'll be living and have them go "Wow!".

There's no such thing as athletic dorms, right? They fill them up with 51% regular students and 49% athletes.

Most of the students in Boulder are either living lavishly, mostly OOS $$$, or in squalor. A single bedroom runs about 1100/month now.

I have a friend who's kid goes to Oregon. According to them, the student athletes are pretty much off limits to the rest of the campus. I think that is crap.

I don't like the idea of athletic dorms at all. Just another move closer tos emi-pro.
They FB team was in Brackett when I was in school (76-80), they would eat their meals at Farrand. For whatever reason, the admin. decided it was not desirable.

The actual living quarters are the next facilities race. You can't have athletes only dorms, but you can have dorms where all your athletes live. So long as they open it up for the general student body, I think they're OK.

The actual living quarters are the next facilities race. You can't have athletes only dorms, but you can have dorms where all your athletes live. So long as they open it up for the general student body, I think they're OK.
Think "Olympic Village."

i was at CU for the end of the football dorm. in my opinion, it wasn't super-conducive to integrating the players into the broader community. that was also the prevailing view across america and that's why these dorms went away and it is why the ncaa now mandates the 51% thing.

back in the day, kentucky basketball had a special dorm for the 12 or so players. every bed was customized to be longer and wider to support bb players. every shower head was higher up, etc.

i don't think housing athletes in a special segregated palace is the right way to handle things and i don't think it is good for the athletes. if there is a move to group them together, i'd understand, but it can be a slippery slope.

Replay is up.

Good show and the piece with RG, once they got him on, was really good. Thanks for posting the link

They FB team was in Brackett when I was in school (76-80), they would eat their meals at Farrand. For whatever reason, the admin. decided it was not desirable.

I was an RA in Brackett in 88 and 89. There was an upstairs room that was off limits to the general population and must have been a room used by the athletes when they lived there. There was a ton of boxes with old papers, play books and stuff that you could tell were from the athletes. Was like looking at a time capsule going thru the stuff. We left most of it there and it probably still is there. Was kind of cool and I wonder if anyone else has been up there in the years since.

Yeah. Made me feel like a weaselly little whinny boy, haha. If I'd have known they were reading the board I wouldn't have posted that. Those guys do a really good job. So refreshing to hear some Buff talk after incessant Bronco yapping all day long.
Seriously? THAT was the tipping point?

back in the day, kentucky basketball had a special dorm for the 12 or so players. every bed was customized to be longer and wider to support bb players. every shower head was higher up, etc.

They have a newer and nicer one now:
http://thebiglead.com/2012/11/14/john-calipari-tours-the-kentucky-basketball-dorm-video/
http://larrybrownsports.com/college-basketball/kentuckys-housing-chef-flat-screens/153247
kentucky-coal-lodge-530x341.jpg

Bump. I'm joining the show tonight from 6 to 7, I'm not as cool as Rick George, but tune in!

I would still like to know if there's any way to get the P12 network to cover skiing. At the very least, the NCAA championships would be nice.

Back