What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

Unreal.

On second thought, maybe this is real. In fact, it's a new reality tv show. Story line is, how much more can a fan base take after 5 years with the snake-oil salesman? Everyone has a secretly hidden camera somewhere around your computer/mobile device. The audience is waiting to see someone's head explode.

Nah, too close to the tru... POW SPLAT

Time to play smashmouth football. Running backs better be ready to strap it on. They are going to get some serious work.

RBs? Our OL is terrible and until proven otherwise I will not consider them a unit that will force their will on the DL/LB.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

RBs? Our OL is terrible and until proven otherwise I will not consider them a unit that will force their will on the DL/LB.

I really like the incoming rb's. I know they are freshman but someone is going to step up.

Was trying to save the 1000th post for something witty or amusing, but jimminey crickets, are we back here again? Another season-ending injury to a critical piece of our offense? This news comes like a punch to the jejunum. Heart goes out to the kid who'd been taking care of business both on the field and in the classroom. Certainly wishing him a full and speedy recovery. Like everybody else, I hope that the young guys can hit the ground running.

April fools day was nine days ago. This is not funny.

I'm clearly in denial. Somebody please say it's just a joke.

This sucks. Not good for us. I might make our win prediction from 3 down to 1 now. Get better Richardson, but after two big injuries, I am very doubtful he will ever be like the PRich from the Cal game ever again.
OK now. If you predicted only 3 wins his junior year, wouldn't it be better for him to sit out the year and not waste it? Now, that is if we are to have a 3 win season with him, which I don't buy.

Also, if he is the only decent receiver we have, aren't teams just going to double him and take him out of most games? Lets take this year to make the team better and, when he returns, he'll be stronger and we'll be better. But, yeah, this sucks donkey balls.

Last edited:
This thouroughly sucks for him and the Buffs. We saw how much difference he makes just from pre-injury to post-injury last year. Hopefully one of the new guys can step up and make some plays and take pressure off the other guys.

That said in the long term this may help us. I still expect us to contend for a bowl this year with the schedule we have, this will make it harder but it is still achievable.

I also expected PRich to leave at the end of this year if he had a big season. With this injury he should be back for next season when we are looking at taking a step up from bottom end bowl to contending. He also may have a rehab season then stay for a full four years of playing.

This team has the potential to be amazing in 2013.

Right? Right? Sycho needs to chime in here with a lecture demanding our impatience for a winning team NOW!

This thouroughly sucks for him and the Buffs. We saw how much difference he makes just from pre-injury to post-injury last year. Hopefully one of the new guys can step up and make some plays and take pressure off the other guys.

That said in the long term this may help us. I still expect us to contend for a bowl this year with the schedule we have, this will make it harder but it is still achievable.

I also expected PRich to leave at the end of this year if he had a big season. With this injury he should be back for next season when we are looking at taking a step up from bottom end bowl to contending. He also may have a rehab season then stay for a full four years of playing.

wow. puff, puff, pass!

my takeaways from your post:

1. we are so deep we are lucky that we can "save" p-rich for a year until we are better.
2. we're going to be in a good position for a bowl game this year, without him.
3. we're goin to be contending (i presume you mean for conference title?) next season.

damn, man. don't bogart that optimism. pass it around.

This sucks. Not good for us. I might make our win prediction from 3 down to 1 now. Get better Richardson, but after two big injuries, I am very doubtful he will ever be like the PRich from the Cal game ever again.
What the **** got into you?

wow. puff, puff, pass!

1. we are so deep we are lucky that we can "save" p-rich for a year until we are better.
3. we're goin to be contending (i presume you mean for conference title?) next season.

No kidding. I want some too.

There is no realm where this can be taken as a positive. At this point, I am just hopeful the damage is mitigated.

There is no realm where this can be taken as a positive. At this point, I am just hopeful the damage is mitigated.

:nod:

Games are won and lost on explosive plays. We lost a lot with this news.

Paul Richardson is a big loss. Not sure that I agree he's worth 2 wins though

Un-rustle your jimmies folks! It's only one player.

just playin.

[video=youtube;dsx2vdn7gpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

wow. puff, puff, pass!

1, No we aren't that good and losing PRich makes us a much less talented team. We are going to have to have a couple of guys step up just to pick up some of the slack. As I said we need somebody to step up and make some plays. Not only was PRich a statistic maker but his presence took pressure off the other recievers. I am hoping that one of the new guys can do some of this and others can be above the level of the other WRs we had last year when it was basically PRich and the nobodys.

2. We are a very good team with or without him but we have a schedule that should allow us to find six wins. It will be harder without him but that should still be the expectation. If we can't win the three OOCs I will be disappointed. If our coaches and our players can't find three conference wins I would also be dissapointed. We have some games that would be no hopers with or without PRich but also some winnables, we have to win 3 of those.

3. I did not say contending for the conference title next season. What I said is that we should be contending in the years after next when PRich comes back for higher position in the conference. We may still be behind the top 2-3 teams but by two years from now we better not be just trying to stay off the bottom of the conference.

All in all losing PRich will hurt us this year, we won't be as good a team. I don't think however that it will have that much effect on our record if we have some guys step up. Nobody is going to equal what a healthy PRich gave the team but a lot of that can be made up, enough to win the games we need to win.

I would rather have him this year but if it came down to having him this year and then he leaves or having him the following season when we are trying to make the next significant step up, having him then may in the long term be more important. Not like we have a decision, the injury forces that.

Last edited:
AlQaeda_Nuclear_Bomb_42.jpg

1, No we aren't that good and losing PRich makes us a much less talented team. We are going to have to have a couple of guys step up just to pick up some of the slack. As I said we need somebody to step up and make some plays. Not only was PRich a statistic maker but his presence took pressure off the other recievers. I am hoping that one of the new guys can do some of this and others can be above the level of the other WRs we had last year when it was basically PRich and the nobodys.

2. We are a very good team with or without him but we have a schedule that should allow us to find six wins. It will be harder without him but that should still be the expectation. If we can't win the three OOCs I will be disappointed. If our coaches and our players can't find three conference wins I would also be dissapointed. We have some games that would be no hopers with or without PRich but also some winnables, we have to win 3 of those.

3. I did not say contending for the conference title next season. What I said is that we should be contending in the years after next when PRich comes back for higher position in the conference. We may still be behind the top 2-3 teams but by two years from now we better not be just trying to stay off the bottom of the conference.

All in all losing PRich will hurt us this year, we won't be as good a team. I don't think however that it will have that much effect on our record if we have some guys step up. Nobody is going to equal what a healthy PRich gave the team but a lot of that can be made up, enough to win the games we need to win.

I would rather have him this year but if it came down to having him this year and then he leaves or having him the following season when we are trying to make the next significant step up, having him then may in the long term be more important. Not like we have a decision, the injury forces that.

You still need to score points to win games. You do not lose your best offensive player and expect to make up that production. You also never count on that guy being the same player post-injury.

I understand you are grasping for the positives here, but there are none here.

You also never count on that guy being the same player post-injury.

The one tiny little shred of hope I clung to was that he just might be able to come back better after taking a year off. That a year away from the daily grind of hitting and crashing into other people might actually make him a more explosive player. That the wonders of modern medical science would put him together and make a better, faster, stronger Paul Richardson.

Thanks for pissing in my wheaties. I hate you.

The numbers:

75% of our total receptions
83% of our receiving yardage
86% of our TD receptions

Are now gone from last years team, that wasn't good. We were what dead last in the Pac in scoring? and offense?

Back