What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

The numbers:

75% of our total receptions
83% of our receiving yardage
86% of our TD receptions

Are now gone from last years team, that wasn't good. We were what dead last in the Pac in scoring? and offense?

CAN'T GET A WHOLE LOT ****TIER THAN LAST YEAR. NOWHERE TO GO BUT UP REGARDING PASSING EFFICIENCY. I think you guys will be surprised at what an accurate QB with some arm strength will do for the passing game. Obviously sucks to lose Richardson for the year but we will still be a lot better at QB this year. I admire and respect Tyler Hanson's heart but the guy was wildly inconsistent when it came to passing accuracy. I expect Connor Wood to be much better.

The numbers:

75% of our total receptions
83% of our receiving yardage
86% of our TD receptions

Are now gone from last years team, that wasn't good. We were what dead last in the Pac in scoring? and offense?

The alternate spin on this (our offensive and defensive rankings) is that you want to turn the roster over when you go 3-10.

I need to stop having man-crushes on CU players. My last three - Paul Richardson, Darrell Scott, Marcus Houston. It's all my fault. I am to blame.

Well, at least we have a good bball program to look forward to watching for the next couple years as we wait for this whole thing to rebuild.

The only positive way that I can spin this is that we did win 2 of our last 3 last year basically without PRich. Of course that was also thanks in large part to some solid performances from some seniors. Bah!

maybe we can run the ball.

and run some more.

and run some more.

and run some more.

i'll take 3.4 yards and a cloud of dust as our sole offense.

maybe we can run the ball.

and run some more.

and run some more.

and run some more.

i'll take 3.4 yards and a cloud of dust as our sole offense.

Maybe. But we lost our best lineman and RB too.

Karma to Prich and best wishes for a FULL recovery.

the ONLY silver lining I can find is that with time and pain meds PRich may find his way to AllBuffs. Maybe he can make us laugh despite all the devastation.

Then again, with this year so thin and anticipating so many starting Freshmen maybe I don't mind an extra year before the realistic push to contention begins. Still, all in all this is a crappy day. Think it may be time to start drinking........

I hope so, but I've been hearing that forever.
When was the last time we had our OL coach back for a second straight season with a pretty experienced OL? Handler had an interview and he said the biggest problem was that they were still learning the calls last year and that affected them negatively.

I need to stop having man-crushes on CU players. My last three - Paul Richardson, Darrell Scott, Marcus Houston. It's all my fault. I am to blame.

lets get him!!!

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

The only positive way that I can spin this is that we did win 2 of our last 3 last year basically without PRich. Of course that was also thanks in large part to some solid performances from some seniors. Bah!

How about this for spin:

75% of the offensive production that was last place in the Pac12 is gone.

So...only 25% of what made CU last is still expected to play. Thus 75% of this year's production has none of D2's stank.

When was the last time we had our OL coach back for a second straight season with a pretty experienced OL? Handler had an interview and he said the biggest problem was that they were still learning the calls last year and that affected them negatively.

There's always an excuse...

Bahktiari will be better. So will Handler. They're bigger, stronger and more experienced.

Getting a starter back at RT with Harris is a big improvement.

2nd year in the system certainly helps, too.

What worries me is guard. We're replacing two 5th year seniors and a ton of snaps with two sophomores who haven't played much. If Lewis and Munyer perform, we'll have a pretty good OL. If not, we won't be able to run between the tackles, get our pull game going, or perform as well in the screen game.

Too many question marks for me to count on this group. I have hope and a little confidence, but I'm nowhere close to making any predictions.

Sounds like a realistic reason for the issues. I mean, if you don't know the playbook inside and out, you can't be expected to execute, can you?

It is an excuse. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt, fine.

Don't expect anyone else to give them the benefit of the doubt after what we have seen on the field over the last five seasons. Your propensity to make declarative statements never seems to work out that well.

It is an excuse. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt, fine.

Don't expect anyone else to give them the benefit of the doubt after what we have seen on the field over the last five seasons. Your propensity to make declarative statements never seems to work out that well.
That's fine, no one needs to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's my belief that the OL will be much improved and I'm sticking by it.

The more I think about this, the worse mood I'm in. Dammit. He was the one true playmaker we had on offense. To lose him like this... well, it's devastating. It's almost as though I've given up any hope of a decent season before we play the first game.

I'm really, really bummed about this.

The more I think about this, the worse mood I'm in. Dammit. He was the one true playmaker we had on offense. To lose him like this... well, it's devastating. It's almost as though I've given up any hope of a decent season before we play the first game.

I'm really, really bummed about this.

We're gonna need more liquor at the tailgates this year.

Back