What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

Last year's offense was pretty bad. And we had Toney Clemons, Rodney Stewart, a SR QB with 4 years of starts, a 3 year starter at TE. Ohh... it can get worse, and it likely will:cry:
I don't think it can get any worse in terms of production.

You want to blast "Hawk's band of lunchbucket boys," but you are quite comfortable with Canty and McCulloch. You cannot have it both ways.

What I saw from both of them in limited action last year shows me that they have more raw talent that lots of the walk-on types that Hawk loved. You are trying to put words in my mouth. Our WRs for this year are not great, again we would be much better off with PRich (how many time have people ignored this part of my post?) At the same time I am not ready to go into full scale panic attack because he got hurt. We will put WRs on the field and we will pass the ball, maybe not as well as we would have but better than some people here in full panic mode think. It isn't like we need to go to the triple option and forget about passing.

I also don't believe that losing PRich is going to make a three game difference in our record like some here have said. We have a bunch of games that PRich wasn't going to help us win and a number of games we should win with or without him. PRich may have been our best returning player but it still isn't like the Colts losing Manning.

What I saw from both of them in limited action last year shows me that they have more raw talent that lots of the walk-on types that Hawk loved. You are trying to put words in my mouth. Our WRs for this year are not great, again we would be much better off with PRich (how many time have people ignored this part of my post?) At the same time I am not ready to go into full scale panic attack because he got hurt. We will put WRs on the field and we will pass the ball, maybe not as well as we would have but better than some people here in full panic mode think. It isn't like we need to go to the triple option and forget about passing.

I also don't believe that losing PRich is going to make a three game difference in our record like some here have said. We have a bunch of games that PRich wasn't going to help us win and a number of games we should win with or without him. PRich may have been our best returning player but it still isn't like the Colts losing Manning.

They actually both played quite a bit last season and both showed their limitations.

What I am trying to get at is that our WR group this spring with a healthy PRich was bottom third of PAC-12 in talent level. He is now hurt. So take the best WR (by far) out of one the least talented groups in the conference and where does that leave us? Basically hoping the true freshmen grow up quickly.

We were 9th in the conference in passing last season, aided in large part because we were blown out in several games, so we were playing from behind and had to pass more. We are now without the five leading receivers (by a good margin) from that group and you're not that worried? Holy hell.

In terms of production I really have a hard time believing that it can get worse.

What makes you believe this? Optimism as a fan, or do you have some specific reasons why we can't get worse?

What makes you believe this? Optimism as a fan, or do you have some specific reasons why we can't get worse?
A lot of optimism and belief in Wood providing us with better QB play, better understanding of the playbook by the team, and we were bottom of the barrel in almost every category.

I'm glad tini's still pursuing the sunshine pumping. The day he gives up will be the day TBD has been waiting for.

I've been avoiding this thread since I woke up 8 hours ago. I knew what it said, but I couldn't make myself open it, knowing that when it was done my hope for yet another season would have evaporated.

**** me, it's been a tough run as a CU fan. ****. ****. ****. ****. It can't be said enough. ****.

Ok, I get Prich is a special talent, the best offensive weapon CU has. But if losing him - or any other single player - for the season causes expectations to crash, expectations were too high to begin with.

Ok, I get Prich is a special talent, the best offensive weapon CU has. But if losing him - or any other single player - for the season causes expectations to crash, expectations were too high to begin with.

^^This^^

Nobody is pretending that PRich isn't a special talent and a difference maker but if your entire season hangs on one WR then your team is a sham and your coaches don't deserve to have their jobs. PRich had impressive stats last year but remember that a big part of those stats came early in the seaon. After he got hurt then came back playing hurt he was nowhere near what he was prior to the injury. Note that two of our wins came after the injury.

The team will make adjustments, multiple guys will have to step up to pick up the slack, PRich will be missed.

I love how this board acts like a single commitment or a single injury means we are going to win the national championship or go winless. It's football, guys get hurt, if you can't deal with it you don't belong in the game.

^^This^^

Nobody is pretending that PRich isn't a special talent and a difference maker but if your entire season hangs on one WR then your team is a sham and your coaches don't deserve to have their jobs. PRich had impressive stats last year but remember that a big part of those stats came early in the seaon. After he got hurt then came back playing hurt he was nowhere near what he was prior to the injury. Note that two of our wins came after the injury.

The team will make adjustments, multiple guys will have to step up to pick up the slack, PRich will be missed.

I love how this board acts like a single commitment or a single injury means we are going to win the national championship or go winless. It's football, guys get hurt, if you can't deal with it you don't belong in the game.

Sure.. that is what everyone is implying :rolling_eyes:. We are trying to get bowl eligible here not win the ****ing national championship. One or two losses is gonna make the difference. This goes beyond losing a single player to injury. This offense is also without the services of Speedy and Clemons so this loss hurts even more.

^^This^^

I would agree with most of what you stated. Problem is, he's the only real threat this team has. We've seen this movie before. No deep threats, stack the box etc....

We'll hear a ton of having to be able to run and have the te's more involved. We are thin at TE and didn't throw to deehan when we had him. Spruce, canty can make some plays but unless the defense can hold teams under 35-40 points, it doesn't matter anyway.

Sure.. that is what everyone is implying :rolling_eyes:. We are trying to get bowl eligible here not win the ****ing national championship. One or two losses is gonna make the difference. This goes beyond losing a single player to injury. This offense is also without the services of Speedy and Clemons so this loss hurts even more.

Thank you. As I posted earlier in the thread, the top five receivers from 2011 will not be on the field in 2012, including arguably the most explosive offensive player on the team. We were not an overly talented group to begin with and now this happens. Our wide receivers scare absolutely no one.

A lot of optimism and belief in Wood providing us with better QB play, better understanding of the playbook by the team, and we were bottom of the barrel in almost every category.

With the amount that we will be counting on freshmen at the skill positions, I'm not so sure there will be a better understanding of the playbook. I maintain that our defense can't possibly be worse than last year, but our offense certainly could be.

With the amount that we will be counting on freshmen at the skill positions, I'm not so sure there will be a better understanding of the playbook. I maintain that our defense can't possibly be worse than last year, but our offense certainly could be.

Pretty much the whole OL will be back, Wood is a film room junkie, ToJo has been in the system for a year, Canty, Spruce, McColluch, Thorton, Kasa, and a few others have also been around I for a year although Kasa for a lot less time. We will see how many freshman play on the offensive side, I'm guessing the two Thomas' and Payne so I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect the team to have a firm grasp of the playbook this season.

Pretty much the whole OL will be back, Wood is a film room junkie, ToJo has been in the system for a year, Canty, Spruce, McColluch, Thorton, Kasa, and a few others have also been around I for a year although Kasa for a lot less time. We will see how many freshman play on the offensive side, I'm guessing the two Thomas' and Payne so I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect the team to have a firm grasp of the playbook this season.

Tini, we lost our starting qb of multiple years, a multiple year starter at TE, our best 5 receivers, one of the most productive RB's in CU history and our best O-lineman.

shut up.

Tini, we lost our starting qb of multiple years, a multiple year starter at TE, our best 5 receivers, one of the most productive RB's in CU history and our best O-lineman.

shut up.

So that means there will be a worse understanding of the playbook how?

Good teams find a way to contend with such things. Talent-wise, CU took a significant hit, but talent-wise CU was still a few years from being able to run a race with USC, Oregon and I guess Stanford even with P-rich.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is we're gonna learn quite a bit about the Embree regime this year, even more so now. Not excited the guy got hurt by any stretch but as Nik has pointed out in a different thread, lot of young guys will be getting baptism by fire... potentially uh-oh for 2012. Potentially promising for beyond.

It is April, we don't know ****. In mid September we might know some ****. By October we will know a lot of **** and By December we will have **** ourselves.

Understanding does not always translate to effectiveness. Experience means a lot.

And good coaching can translate a good understanding into wins. You guys are acting like we're the only team with issues. Six teams will be learning a complete new playbook and will have those issues.

Good teams find a way to contend with such things. Talent-wise, CU took a significant hit, but talent-wise CU was still a few years from being able to run a race with USC, Oregon and I guess Stanford even with P-rich.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is we're gonna learn quite a bit about the Embree regime this year, even more so now. Not excited the guy got hurt by any stretch but as Nik has pointed out in a different thread, lot of young guys will be getting baptism by fire... potentially uh-oh for 2012. Potentially promising for beyond.

I think that is the point of most in this thread. We are NOT a good team. The margin for error with the current is now even smaller than it was before, which is a scary thought.

Embree and the coaching staff can only do so much with limited and/or inexperienced talent.

Back