What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George fundraising update

Well he is probably just getting familiar with major donors and that is what he is calling fundraising. I doubt he has instituted his full fund raising campaign if we haven't heard anything.

Well he is probably just getting familiar with major donors and that is what he is calling fundraising. I doubt he has instituted his full fund raising campaign if we haven't heard anything.

So going public with your inability to raise funds for a fund raising goal that needs to be completed in 1 month, which you haven't even started "officially" fund raising for is a good idea?

Just read the article. I am truly growing tired of the "it's the fans fault for everything angle". I'll bite my tounge now.

The question is, is that the story coming from the AD, or is it Ringo's angle?

It seems to me that there is almost never anything positive in the media about CU, and it seems that the Camera has gotten worse since they were absorbed by the Post's ownership group.

The question is, is that the story coming from the AD, or is it Ringo's angle?

It seems to me that there is almost never anything positive in the media about CU, and it seems that the Camera has gotten worse since they were absorbed by the Post's ownership group.

I think the bigger problem with the Camera is that we've lost some great people like Woelk and Thorburn.

So going public with your inability to raise funds for a fund raising goal that needs to be completed in 1 month, which you haven't even started "officially" fund raising for is a good idea?

this is what was said:
When asked if he still believes raising $50 million by December is doable, he said: "I don't know. I'm still optimistic, but we've got to have some people step up in the next five weeks and I hope they do."

I am not sure how you got to where you are right now from that answer to a direct question. I am sure he'd give you the same answer if he had 48 of the 50 million banked.

this is what was said:

I am not sure how you got to where you are right now from that answer to a direct question. I am sure he'd give you the same answer if he had 48 of the 50 million banked.

You make a good point. I guess I'm just surprised that we haven't heard a peep on this massive fund raising effort, when many here would be willing to donate in some capacity.

Still concerned they are focusing all their energy on those who've donated big (as in CU big, not really big) before, and missing out on those who should have donated big before....

Is it culturally uncool to donate to the AD if you are a rich dude living in Boulder?

Still concerned they are focusing all their energy on those who've donated big (as in CU big, not really big) before, and missing out on those who should have donated big before....

Is it culturally uncool to donate to the AD if you are a rich dude living in Boulder?

your current customers are easier to sell to than acquiring new ones. Given the short time on the job and that donors with of a lifetime giving history of 10K+ number near 400 what would you have him do?

I thought RG was supposed to take over the reins in August. When does he start?

Maybe Wells-Fargo or someone would just buy the University

I can see it now - ticket takers would have a cross sell quota to fill. Instead of hearing "thank you, enjoy the game", we would be treated to "I see you are a season ticket holder for football, have you ever considered purchasing women's volleyball season tickets?" The ushers would, similarly, have quotas to meet. Instead of "your seats are right here", we would get, "I see you are in section 120. I think your enjoyment of the game would be greatly increased by upgrading to club level seats. Can I make that upgrade for you now?" CU would turn over the entire staff within six months.

His 90 days are up tomorrow, just for anyone wondering. We should be hearing some news this week I hope.

Immediately after they announced the firing I logged on and made a donation, but I did notice that I had to work a bit at it. For future reference, here's the link:

https://colorado.donornetpac.com

CU has some serious SEO issues... if you google "CU Athletics Donation" you have to follow a minimum of 3 links from any of the first page results to get to the "donornet" site. Same thing if you google "CU Buff Club Donation" and "CU Donor". The only way that I've found to make that link show up on the first page is googling "CU Donornet" which isn't something your off-the-street CU donor would probably search for.

What's the strategy there? Non-profit research shows that people give in a "pack mentality." That is, person C is more likely to give if person B has given, and person C is MUCH more likely to give. I think if George had said, "We set a large stretch goal and are on pace to achieve it with one final push in November," he'd likely see a flood of little fish donors.

an email I received in case others have had problems donating through cubuffs.com:

Thank you so much for your email and for your desire to support the Buffs. All of your observations and critiques regarding our website and online giving interface are accurate, or at least they were.

It just so happens that we've rolled out a new version of Buff Club DonorNet in the last 24 hours with one objective in mind - to make it easier for donors to support us. While it is not 100% complete, and there are a few bells and whistles yet to be added, I think you will find our site much easier to navigate today than it was just a few days ago.

Visit www.cubuffclub.com and click on the Donate Now link.

Once you arrive at DonorNet, follow the first option to Give Now. This will allow you to bypass the registration/account set up and make your gift immediately. Depending on your screen settings you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the process, but all of the information is there in one easy step.

We will take care of linking to any previous Athletic Department ticket/donor history on the back end. There are advantages to registering your DonorNet account in the future (i.e. the ability to manage your tickets, see your priority point total, etc...), but the important part is that you can make your gift!

Again, thank you for your patience and your support. I hope you will find this to be a great improvement and you will tell all of your friends who also have an interest in giving to CU Athletics.

All the Best & Go Buffs!

Ted Ledbetter
Assistant Athletic Director for Development

an email I received in case others have had problems donating through cubuffs.com:

Thank you so much for your email and for your desire to support the Buffs. All of your observations and critiques regarding our website and online giving interface are accurate, or at least they were.

It just so happens that we've rolled out a new version of Buff Club DonorNet in the last 24 hours with one objective in mind - to make it easier for donors to support us. While it is not 100% complete, and there are a few bells and whistles yet to be added, I think you will find our site much easier to navigate today than it was just a few days ago.

Visit www.cubuffclub.com and click on the Donate Now link.

Once you arrive at DonorNet, follow the first option to Give Now. This will allow you to bypass the registration/account set up and make your gift immediately. Depending on your screen settings you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the process, but all of the information is there in one easy step.

We will take care of linking to any previous Athletic Department ticket/donor history on the back end. There are advantages to registering your DonorNet account in the future (i.e. the ability to manage your tickets, see your priority point total, etc...), but the important part is that you can make your gift!

Again, thank you for your patience and your support. I hope you will find this to be a great improvement and you will tell all of your friends who also have an interest in giving to CU Athletics.

All the Best & Go Buffs!

Ted Ledbetter
Assistant Athletic Director for Development

Looks good

waiting to hear back from a rep cause i have no idea what my number is and then making a little donation. it looks like the tide is finally turning.

those are the same two options that have always been there. What we need to see are 15 to 20 options and the ability to set up a recurring donation.

the last time i donated, which was when embree was canned i believe, there was no option for facilities. my b.

Back