What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George meet-n-greet this Thursday in Newport

Ringer

Avila's El Ranchito Restaurant in Newport Beach is the official unofficial Buffs bar/restaurant in Orange County, if not all of SoCal, because the operator of that location of the small family-run chain is a CU grad and has game-day promotions for both football and basketball. AD Rick George will be there this Thursday for a mixer and some drinks and appetizers a couple days prior to the USC game. I live about 5 minutes away from there so I have signed up. If you are in SoCal, you can register here (by registering, your first drink is freeeee....) : http://events.colorado.edu/EventLis...ventDetails&information_id=161852&print=print

It was fun. Packed bar; lots of old and recent alumni; lots of "I know someone who knows someone"; nice looking recent pi phi grad table; Rick George being the only one wearing a tie; some former players who look good and in shape; good appetizers. All of this for mostly free in Newport Beach, a minute walk to the sand. It's interesting how just a bit of good success can bring out a starved regional fan base.

It was fun. Packed bar; lots of old and recent alumni; lots of "I know someone who knows someone"; nice looking recent pi phi grad table; Rick George being the only one wearing a tie; some former players who look good and in shape; good appetizers. All of this for mostly free in Newport Beach, a minute walk to the sand. It's interesting how just a bit of good success can bring out a starved regional fan base.
Thanks for the report Ringer!

Did you ****ers throw rose petals in his path? Did he mention who is going to start at QB on Saturday?

One of my college roommates lives in the LA area and he's going to the game. I suspect there will be a pretty good turnout of Buffs in the stands.

Naw, he just was walking around with his margarita in a packed bar full of Buffs fans in Newport talking to people, like everyone else. There was no formal speech or anything. It was a good event.

Back