What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George named new Colorado AD

That was quicker than I thought. Good news maybe. I thought there was a reasonable chance this would go until the fall as candidate after candidate told DUI to take a hike.

Dammit Ringo, this better be accurate scooooooooooooop

[tweet]357539381885673473[/tweet]

If it is George, my hope is that from being so successful in the business world and knowing what it takes to build a profitable organization that by he will be able to tell PD and BB to shove it with their boneheaded ideas and let him run his department.

PS if this turns out to be false like the Butch Jones smoke or just an announcement to update a timetable for a future announcement then everyone who let this leak today in the first place should be banished from the state for life.

Dammit Ringo, this better be accurate scooooooooooooop

[tweet]357539381885673473[/tweet]

Ringo doesn't throw that line out there if he doesn't have it. Probably just doesn't have official confirmation to go to print.

confirmed via CU:
To our valued Buff Club members:

Please join us this afternoon for a special press conference to introduce Rick George as the new Director of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Colorado Boulder. The press conference will be held in Byron R. White Stadium Club at Folsom Field, Fifth Level today at 2 PM.

Your support is essential to our success, and we hope you will make plans to be a part of this landmark moment in CU Athletics history. We are excited to have Rick, his wife Nancy and daughters Jenni and Christi join our CU family.

Thank you for all that you do for the University of Colorado Boulder and our student-athletes.

Go Buffs!

Kurt J. Gulbrand

Associate Athletic Director - Development
University of Colorado
UCB 369

Boulder, CO 80309

work (303) 492-6036

Am I the only one who thinks this is a GREAT hire? This has Benson's fingers all over it IMO

Looks like a good hire on paper. Could he be the chosen one? If Benson is serious about making athletics the "Front Porch of the University" this is probably a good step in that direction.

Hoping that his ties to Mac, don't come back to bite us.

945438_10151864256892985_656838227_n.jpg

There was a lot of concern that DiStefano was going to bring in a "yes man". I guess this puts some of that speculation to bed. Let HCMM worry about the product on the field and let George worry about getting us some damn money. Are there any places to make microdonations to CU athletics? Until I hit the powerball, micro is gonna have to do.

George CV

Played for 4 years at Illinois, graduated in 1982, Recruiting Director at Illinois 83-87, CU Assistant AD Football 87-91, Vandy Associate AD 91-98, CEO of Fore!Kids Foundation 98-2003, President of PGA Champions Tour 03-08, Executive VP PGA Tour 08-10, Texas Rangers Prez 2010-2013, CU AD July 2013-present

Love that he was a part of CU's peak days of success. He'll be passionate to bring it back.

That worked out with Embree didn't it. I am cautiously optimistic about this hire, but that whole "being part of the glory days" b.s. doesn't make me feel any better after the past 2 seasons.

There was a lot of concern that DiStefano was going to bring in a "yes man". I guess this puts some of that speculation to bed. Let HCMM worry about the product on the field and let George worry about getting us some damn money. Are there any places to make microdonations to CU athletics? Until I hit the powerball, micro is gonna have to do.
My budget can only support nanodonations.

I'm pretty excited about the hire. I hope he negotiated (with Benson) a long leash and plenty of resources before he took the job.

Back