What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George

ILLINIFAN1

Hey Colorado folk! Im a huge Illini sports fan, so I have to ask this question. What is the latest on Rick George? Do you guys think he is leaving or what?

Does Illinifan stand outside marriage counselor's offices and try to pick up chicks asking their husbands if their wives might be leaving soon?

Nothing is ever certain, but I think most CU fans would be pretty surprised if RG left. Football aside, the CU athletic department is pretty strong.

Thanks....I guess.

We had a thread on this a while back there were some initial nerves that Rick might bolt for the Illini job but he was pretty forceful in denying it, I've talked with Rick a bunch i dont get the sense he's leaving boulder in the next 2 years for anything but the most ideal job.

I thought you all already hired a new AD?
There were rumors out there that Illinois was in the process of hiring Josh Whitman from Washington University in St. Louis:

But I haven't seen anything else other than that tweet. Interestingly, while I was looking for that tweet/follow up, I saw that Illinois had agreed to a long-term Nike contract...without an AD in place:

Does Illinifan stand outside marriage counselor's offices and try to pick up chicks asking their husbands if their wives might be leaving soon?
wait. you're saying that's wrong? I mean if it's wrong, I dont wanna be right.

wait. you're saying that's wrong? I mean if it's wrong, I dont wanna be right.

Thanks Luther.

hqdefault.jpg

We havent hired an AD yet. The football scoop article was wrong, it stemmed from a false rumor on a message board that spread like a wildfire. The reason I ask is because there is a lot of smoke about RG back in Champaign right now, even after his denial a couple months ago. I just wanted to see if there was smoke in Colorado.

There was initially, but that has died down and RG has come out a few times since then and said he is sticking around.

I suppose something could have changed with that, but he was pretty forthright with his comments and that seemed to put the rumors to bed.

We havent hired an AD yet. The football scoop article was wrong, it stemmed from a false rumor on a message board that spread like a wildfire. The reason I ask is because there is a lot of smoke about RG back in Champaign right now, even after his denial a couple months ago. I just wanted to see if there was smoke in Colorado.
Interesting on the smoke. It's probably from Gary, but on the off-chance that there is some validity to the rumor, I'd be pretty bummed. Hope you guys strike out on this one.

I know he's a favorite son and all, but have you ever been to Champaign? I'm hoping that the reality of the midwest, once viewed from a less than nostalgic lens, puts this to bed.

If Mrs George ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Mrs George is happy in Boulder.

Who is Mark Tupper?

Would suck if true. Would also be an absolute surprise and gut punch since RG pretty much squashed the speculation and conversation on our side months ago.

Who is Mark Tupper?

Would suck if true. Would also be an absolute surprise and gut punch since RG pretty much squashed the speculation and conversation on our side months ago.
Hes the second longest tenured Illini writer in the Champaign area.

Back