What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George

Looks like RG had little to no interest in that job.

While most of that article was pretty Illinois-homer, one thing I do agree with is that we are on an island in this conference. I'd really like to see us pull in a couple of schools east of us.

I think it's just the guy driving the point home that Illini sucks more than CU, which really has sucked hard lately.

While most of that article was pretty Illinois-homer, one thing I do agree with is that we are on an island in this conference. I'd really like to see us pull in a couple of schools east of us.
**** you! The conference is just fine in its current construct.

That's a weird take. Why isn't Washington on an island way up there by Canada, or Arizona way down there by Mexico. We're not traveling by horse and buggy. CU fits easily inside the PAC footprint, I can't think of any program East of the Front Range (meaning I-25 from El Paso to Billings) that would fit.

That's a weird take. Why isn't Washington on an island way up there by Canada, or Arizona way down there by Mexico. We're not traveling by horse and buggy. CU fits easily inside the PAC footprint, I can't think of any program East of the Front Range (meaning I-25 from El Paso to Billings) that would fit.
Mostly from a time zone perspective. We are constantly forced to play at horrible times due to the west coast teams. I'd like to see a little more balance in the conference. More national exposure by playing games at normal times. Frankly some of it is nostalgia as well. I just don't care about any of the PAC teams. I wasn't making a comment as to what is best for the conference, but really more of a selfish comment :) I was thinking more like Texas (not UT), Oklahoma and Kansas.

By CU being on an island they mean that Illinois can complete with many of their conference mates in non-revenue sports by putting the team on a bus driving down an ice covered highway through a flat, gray, snow covered wasteland of corn stubble and feedlots over distances that if the road were thawed would only require a few long hours of tedium and depression.

I'll take our island at the base of the Rockies with the winter sun reflecting off the snow covered peaks and the dry air providing endless vistas of the plains as our athletes top the hill outside of Boulder on their way to DIA to fly off to compete against other schools in varied but pleasant localities.

Happy to hear Rick George is staying a Buff. Shows he thinks there is still work he can do. I hope that begins in about a month when he fires the women's basketball coach.

Whitman is a former Illini football player, played for 4 NFL teams. He is a former lawyer, firm he worked for repped Microsoft and the NFL. He has been an AD at 2 places Wisconsin La Crosse and Washington U in St. Louis. He is 37 so he is youthful. Illini fans look at this as a positive. He is a solid hire thats not named Rick George.

Illinois fired their head football coach today haha worst ad job in the country right now.

The New AD hired Lovie Smith of the Bears and Bucs.
No a bad hire, maybe, in no way does this splash the entire college football scene like Harbaugh or Saben. Positive first hire though by name and football knowledge for a new AD. But, Lovie is 20yrs offset from being a position coach at the collegiate level, gonna be one hell of a transition for him and his staff if he brings other NFL guys. If it works for UI then this is a last stop for Lovie and he could build a competitor, or he will flame out quickly.

No a bad hire, maybe, in no way does this splash the entire college football scene like Harbaugh or Saben. Positive first hire though by name and football knowledge for a new AD. But, Lovie is 20yrs offset from being a position coach at the collegiate level, gonna be one hell of a transition for him and his staff if he brings other NFL guys. If it works for UI then this is a last stop for Lovie and he could build a competitor, or he will flame out quickly.
Oh not going to shake anything up. I guess he is looking at Mike Sherman or even a Brad Childress as OC as for DC i think he will keep the current DC who worked with him in Chicago.

Oh not going to shake anything up. I guess he is looking at Mike Sherman or even a Brad Childress as OC as for DC i think he will keep the current DC who worked with him in Chicago.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is a very good hire. He is exactly the personality I want as a HC. I was just noting that I think it will be very obvious very quickly if he will be successful at the college level. This will be dependent upon the transition of the staff he brings in NFL or college guys.

Maybe I am bitten once twice shy about bringing in NFL people to coach the college ranks. If I recall correctly we had a discussion years ago that the NFL guys moving on lacked as teachers and focused on scheming.

Back