What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George's Gameday Improvements

Coors products suck. Fat Tire tastes like crap once you've drank other microbrews. Buffalo Gold is a glorified Coors. Colorado Native has got worse with it's years. They need something with HOPS! Colorado beer people like their manly hoppy beer.

I'm sure RG is working on it. I doubt they start serving pints of 8% IPAs though. A hoppy session ale, and a porter for colder days would be great.

Coors products suck. Fat Tire tastes like crap once you've drank other microbrews. Buffalo Gold is a glorified Coors. Colorado Native has got worse with it's years. They need something with HOPS! Colorado beer people like their manly hoppy beer.

Likes me an Austrian or Czech style Pilsner. Domestic stuff taste like boiled cereal. Of course that is what is after all ;)

That said, it beats the alternative we have had for the last 15 years or so..... :nod: Which was Zippo.

Were all the lights going off behind the SW corner of the stadium the big screen TVs or were there some sort of pyrotechnics? I didn't go to the beer gardens.

Were all the lights going off behind the SW corner of the stadium the big screen TVs or were there some sort of pyrotechnics? I didn't go to the beer gardens.

That was from the giant TV / video wall by the beer garden. Nice party zone.

All this stuff said, Rick George has been a breath of fresh air and got things done. He deserves... [video=youtube;QM0dbwDc2FE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0dbwDc2FE[/video]

Beer garden took a long time to get in and get a beer but selection was better.

Coors, Coors light, blue moon, dale's, batch 19, avalanche and I think Prost Pilsner.

Beer garden lines were so prohibitive decided against even trying. Annoying, really wanted a beer in the 2d Q.

Biggest improvements need to be more registers open. On the Northeast side half the registers were closed creating lines that should not overlap each other but were.

They will get it improved as evident by some greater beer choices. I just don't drink during the games often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIAP, but Argus has been 10x more friendly and less-Gestapo-ey this year. I think people are getting into the stadium faster (cursory bag check instead of TSA charade), I don't have an Argus guy standing right in front of my sightlines anymore, and I've generally found them to be more courteous.

Last edited:
SIAP, but Argus has been 10x more friendly and less-Gestapo-ey this year. I think people are getting into the stadium faster (cursory bag check instead of TSA charade), I don't have an Argus guy standing right in front of my sightlines anymore, and I've generally found them to be more courteous.

I agree regarding the friendliness, but no about the time to get in. There are a couple of gates in which the wait has been >25 min to get in, and that was at both games. Luckily it was my friends who had to wait and bitch, and not me.

Much better / faster access into stadium from NW side yesterday, thanks RG. Still need to work on beer lines, food lines (the traffic inside Balch is crazy cutting thru all the lines), sound system and wireless for game day experience. Just have to expect the crush of fans at certain times and prepare for it.

Much better / faster access into stadium from NW side yesterday, thanks RG. Still need to work on beer lines, food lines (the traffic inside Balch is crazy cutting thru all the lines), sound system and wireless for game day experience. Just have to expect the crush of fans at certain times and prepare for it.

Anything we get out of Balch is making lemonade out of lemons. It's not just the fact that I'm amazed every year that state inspectors don't condemn the building. The basic design/layout is horrible for doing anything other than marching the band through.

Anything we get out of Balch is making lemonade out of lemons. It's not just the fact that I'm amazed every year that state inspectors don't condemn the building. The basic design/layout is horrible for doing anything other than marching the band through.
Have you been up where the banners are hanging (9news, etc)? There are multiple holes in the walkway, ia really bad.

The lines for the concessions yesterday were out of control. Stood in line to get something to drink for like 10 mins; then bailed and found a guy with waters. Luckily I had cash. Unacceptable to make fans stand in line for 20+ minutes to get any sort of food/drink. I missed 2 and a half drives in the 2nd quarter.

The lines for the concessions yesterday were out of control. Stood in line to get something to drink for like 10 mins; then bailed and found a guy with waters. Luckily I had cash. Unacceptable to make fans stand in line for 20+ minutes to get any sort of food/drink. I missed 2 and a half drives in the 2nd quarter.

We need to get more drink and snack vendors walking the stadium.

Ridiculous if you were getting hit with unmanageable lines despite going during a quarter instead of during the half time rush.

We need to get more drink and snack vendors walking the stadium.

Ridiculous if you were getting hit with unmanageable lines despite going during a quarter instead of during the half time rush.

The lines were totally ridiculous on the east side. Buffalo Grill had at least the two western most registers totally shut down, and the lines for the two primary concession stands on the northeast side were commingled for most of the game. Pretty unacceptable to not be able to fully staff those for 6 days out of the year.

The new NE seating looked finished this week. All the surfaced were clean and absent cement stains. The rough edges and clods were gone, with steps smoothed over and painted. A tarp covered the doorway, making it look less like a construction zone.

The new NE seating looked finished this week. All the surfaced were clean and absent cement stains. The rough edges and clods were gone, with steps smoothed over and painted. A tarp covered the doorway, making it look less like a construction zone.

Nothing like a tarp to make it look less like a construction zone and more like a trailer.

The lines were totally ridiculous on the east side. Buffalo Grill had at least the two western most registers totally shut down, and the lines for the two primary concession stands on the northeast side were commingled for most of the game. Pretty unacceptable to not be able to fully staff those for 6 days out of the year.

This. Waited 35 mins for warm water. When I got to the front of the line sure enough it was some old lady with zero sense of urgency.

This. Waited 35 mins for warm water. When I got to the front of the line sure enough it was some old lady with zero sense of urgency.
Line wait times were very dependent on who was at the register, but overall, unacceptably long. To BuffNik's point, I understand I will be 20 deep at half time, but half way through the 3rd quarter? Both shocking and poor.

The wife and I waited 20-25 minutes to get into the stadium on the SE corner and barely got in there before Ralphie ran. Then, during the middle of the third quarter we went to get some food but the lines looked horrible over there. We tried meandering over to the East side to check the lines but they were just as bad so we just didn't end up spending any money at all.

Back