What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RINGO: CSU's McElwain deal could point to raise for CU Buffs' Embree

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

There is a new "Coach Mac" in Colorado and he isn't leading the Buffaloes. Colorado State officially named Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain its new head coach on Tuesday paying him an annual salary of $1.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

Why? My understanding is that Embree let go of some of his salary to pay assistants like EB. Additionally, Embree can get a raise when he begins showing sustained success on the field and on the recruiting trail.

Yeah. Let's give a raise to a guy who has coached one season with a 3-10 record. I like Embree and the rest of the staff and believe they will be successful, but didn't we learn our lesson with the premature D2 extension?

Let's support our coach by spending some damn money on competitive facilities.

If you read the article, Ringo actually says nothing more than Embree is in line for a nice raise if he shows progress in the next couple years. Truly amazing insight.

If you read the article, Ringo actually says nothing more than Embree is in line for a nice raise if he shows progress in the next couple years. Truly amazing insight.

I'm all for giving Embree a raise if he finishes with a Top 30 recruiting class and gets us to a bowl game next year. Bump him over a million and add a year to the contract.

I'm all for giving Embree a raise if he finishes with a Top 30 recruiting class and gets us to a bowl game next year. Bump him over a million and add a year to the contract.

DII followed his initial fiasco of a season with the criteria you just identified here. He received a contract extension (which I supported).

DII followed his initial fiasco of a season with the criteria you just identified here. He received a contract extension (which I supported).

The difference here being that Embree's buyout is next to nothing after 2013. So under Nik's scenario, you reward Embree with a nice pay bump but still keep the school covered by not changing the buyout details.

The difference here being that Embree's buyout is next to nothing after 2013. So under Nik's scenario, you reward Embree with a nice pay bump but still keep the school covered by not changing the buyout details.

Stop taking things from me.

Back