What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RINGO: DiStefano preaches patience for Embree, CU Buffs

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Colorado chancellor Phil DiStefano met with alumni at each of the Buffs three road games so far this fall and the enthusiasm and optimism of the group of approximately 500 he encountered in Hawaii hadn't completely disappeared by the time he spoke with nearly 1,000 last week at Stanford. But there is definitely more frustration at the pregame rallies now that the Buffs are off to a 1-5 start.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

This is the same knuckle head who told how great D II was doing after the '09 season, IIRC his words were that the BUffs had a successful competitive season...sorry I don't take Dr. Phil seriously on any sports related matter.

This is the same knuckle head who told how great D II was doing after the '09 season, IIRC his words were that the BUffs had a successful competitive season...sorry I don't take Dr. Phil seriously on any sports related matter.

Beat me to it. Nearly word for word.

100% agree Lefty. Dr Phil can **** off when it comes to anything sports-related. I will NEVER forgive him for keeping DII Danny around an extra year.

The decision to retain HaLkins after the '09 season was one of the single most disappointing days in CU football history. We were all pissed. However, as many have previously pointed out, it may have been a political move to not enter into an expensive buyout during a very difficult budgetary year. I suppose we will never truly know the reasons for retaining HaLk that year, but I am willing to accept that explanation of events.

Going forward, I am pleased with DiStefano's comments that he wants to return the program to the successful years enjoyed under Coach Mac, and I'll take him at his word for now. Of course, words need to be backed up with actions and I will be looking for concrete examples of how the AD is being supported. It will be interesting to see how recruiting/admittance of JUCOS goes this year, how the PAC12 money is spent, and whether facilities will be upgraded.

I suppose I've backed off any vitriol for the man and have moved to the "trust but verify" stage. Perhaps I'm a sucker, but ripping our own chancellor for positive comments seems foolish IMHO.

Back