What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo: Some fans showing misplaced priorities over CU Buffs Cody Hawkins

RSSBot

News Junkie
Cody Hawkins deserves better from some Colorado football fans. The senior quarterback has given his heart and soul to the program for five years.

More...

I don't have any real problems with this piece. Cody Hawkins has been a good student, and a good representative for the University of Colorado. He has certainly worked hard, to the best of his ability, to succeed. It simply hasn't worked out.

Unfortunately, the recruiting of Cody Hawkins to CU might be the very biggest blunder that Dan Hawkins ever made in his five year stint at Colorado. Bringing Cody Hawkins to Colorado effectively ruined all quarterback recruiting for CU for the entirety of Hawkins' career - because, true or not, there is a strong perception that Cody Hawkins receives favorable treatment from his coaches (i.e. his dad).

Ringo better be careful or he'll start getting texts telling him how much he sucks.

It is an unfortunate situation for CH. His dad never should have brought him here. Not only because the perception of nepotism has become the reality, and killed the ability to recruit the number of QB's needed for a DI program, but he simply isn't up to the task. He tries hard, stays out of trouble and has guts, just not the arm. The fact he is the only alternative simply reinforces the perception. In the end, he didn't create this cluster, but he has to live in it.

Cody has the potential to be a great assistant coach, IMO.

I agree, he potentially could be. Just not at this school. I see too much of his fathers mentality in him, and I don't want to ever see that at Colorado. I think he's got some good leadership qualities, and knowledge of the game, and could fit in as a coach somewhere, someday. Just not here.

Not a big Ringo fan but I do agree that Cody should not be the target of frustration. I also think he needs to be cut a little slack because I know the comments he made to the press after the game were testy. All in all, he seems to be a pretty good kid that has typically said and done the right things. Another comment I heard he made to Gary on Channel 4 made me laugh as he took somewhat of a soft shot at his dad. Gary asked him about the position he was in coming back in to lead the team after Tyler had moved to the number 1 QB and Cody said, like someone close to me mentioned, you have to be ready because it is Big XII football.

Back