What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo: "There is no chance Embree gets fired this year"

The best way to ensure that no Black man will ever be hired as a head football coach again is to question the motives of the people who fire one.

Only way I see Embree getting fired after two years is attendance dropping below 30k in the final home games or a complete loss of the team. Regardless of record.

Walt Harris was fired after two years, had arguably lost the team and there was no way he was going to see year three.

Turner Gill got fired after two years because a new admin came in and wanted their guy at the top.

It wasn't JUST abysmal records that got these guys fired, it was abysmal records and exterior circumstances.

There is no new admin coming to our rescue.

By all accounts, Embree still has the support of at least they guys that he's brought in. At least, nothing on any of the scoop sites is saying otherwise.

By all accounts, Bohn still seems to be working closely with Solich and other high level donors to get things going, and that completely ignores the fact that the majority of the donors that could force a switch are the ones the put Embree in that seat to begin with.

By all accounts, Bohn still seems to be working closely with Solich and other high level donors to get things going, and that completely ignores the fact that the majority of the donors that could force a switch are the ones the put Embree in that seat to begin with.

These donors better step up to the plate with some serious cash.

Look, Slade, I think the argument is bull****, but I can see it fly and think it could get ugly. I also think PDS/Benson have no balls whatsoever and would rather steer clear of such a discussion. I don´t think Ringo is bringing this up because he believes it, but because he think it might be a topic ... and I think he´s right about that.

I think it is answered so easily... "We have had to make this decision twice in the last few years. The first time we opted to be excessively patient, and the program suffered as a result. This time, we did not feel we could approach it in the same way again. For the good of the program, we have to change course."

This means nothing. Check back when CU is 1-11 on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and has now lost 8 straight by an average margin of 30 points per game and attendence is now in the 30k's. I'm sorry, but money talks, and keeping Embree under those circumstances will be a financial disaster for Colorado.

who the fuc _k are these 30K people? are they not outraged? :bang:

This has gone beyond a lack of talent or playing freshman. These coaches can't run a program. The players don't care. If losing to CSU, Sacremento and being blown out by Fresno wasn't enough evidence, the rest of the season is plenty to show that there is nothing to build from what Embree and EB have established. CU is the worst BCS program and one of the worst D1 schools in the country. That is rock bottom! There are NO positives with this staff and it will only get worse. We're going to lose our best commits next.

We have an up and coming BBall program that has been built by Tad Boyle's successful recruiting, game planning and coaching. There is literally nothing similar to when Tad started to Embree's start. No momentum. No hype.

We need a real coach and staff who can come in and salvage the talent we DO have and start recruiting.

It says so much about CU that they are even considering retaining Embree and Co.

That irks me more than anything else right now. The donors and other groups that made this happen, and conspiracy theories aside, I think there's enough out there to show that Embree was pushed on the AD by donors and outside groups, those donors should be stepping up and making sure that the facilities get done and announced, if for no other reason, than to prop up their coach.

Let all go except kanavas and bases are covered... he shows reason to keep around anyway

I believe that there is an Admin vs. Donor standoff going on right now. Admin is saying "If you don't like it, open your checkbook," while Donor is saying "I'd consider writing a check if I had any confidence that it would be used wisely." Admin wins because they can tolerate the losing. The football program is running a profit and is staying out of the blotter.

My tune has definitely changed. We had better see some improvements and some changes soon.

Maybe firing a few on the staff mid year will do a few things:

1) Put some new/better coaches on the field with new attitude and ideas.
2) Help these players realize this is the real deal and they're going to have to play a lot tougher, harder and smarter or else someone is losing they're job or scholarship.

If Embree doesn't find a win during those last 4 games (Furd, UDub & Utes at home, Zona on the road), it's going to play as a national joke that he's back in 2013. Even with a win it would be a bad decision, but this could get ugly.

Regardless, I've already made my decision to not renew my season football tickets next year. Only some strong moves (new coaching regime and breaking ground on a transformational facilities project) could get me to change my mind. Not just one of these things, both of them.

If Embree doesn't find a win during those last 4 games (Furd, UDub & Utes at home, Zona on the road), it's going to play as a national joke that he's back in 2013. Even with a win it would be a bad decision, but this could get ugly.

Regardless, I've already made my decision to not renew my season football tickets next year. Only some strong moves (new coaching regime and breaking ground on a transformational facilities project) could get me to change my mind. Not just one of these things, both of them.

very sad to see this from a poster who's posted 34,395 times on a Buff board... very sad
I'm not against you, just pointing out that it's sad that it has come to this-

Dropping tix and not attending is all that is left...I hate to say that because it goes against all that any fan of a program that cared would feel, but it is clear, the admin. does not care and throwing good money after bad in any context is not wise.

I'm afraid that it might take national pressure (as a laughing stock), and getting really ugly, before any changes are made. Unfortunately, compared to the East coast papers, we don't have any respectable writers who aren't pussies and willing to write about how ****** the coaches are, how stupid the administration is, and how big of an embarrassment the football program is to the state in the national picture of relevant universities.

I'm so pissed right now that my stomach is burning (I don't think it's the buffalo sauce, as I only used medium). No more season tickets for me until major changes are made (from top to bottom), and I will unfortunately have a ****** attitude and be an asshole on the phone from now on when I'm called by a university foundation.

Dropping tix and not attending is all that is left...I hate to say that because it goes against all that any fan of a program that cared would feel, but it is clear, the admin. does not care and throwing good money after bad in any context is not wise.

I don't live in Colorado, so luckily for me, it's not a decision I have to face. It's obvious through their actions though, that the admin doesn't feel they NEED a good football team. As long as 45k keep showing up to games and the football program is turning a profit, it doesn't matter if it's a laughingstock. It's paying for itself, it's not affecting the AD's budget, there's no reason to change. Yeah, maybe the publicity can increase applications and eventually increase their academic ranking, but they can probably get largely the same effect through good targeted advertising, the basketball program and other methods.

The administration isn't incompetent, despite what most people may think. Their priorities are misplaced from an athletic standpoint, but they're not incompetent. Incompetent business people don't build $650mm medical campuses. They've run the numbers, they know what a good football team can do for the school, they know what a bad football team can do for a school. Right now it's obvious the positives aren't positive enough and the negatives aren't negative enough to move the needle in their eyes.

Until the current admin NEEDS a good football program, or the admin changes, nothing will change.

Last edited:
Man, those losses to csu and sac st. just keep sticking in my craw. I could almost come up with a defense of Embree if not for those two games. Dammit! Embo, why the hell did you have to go out and lose those two?!!!

Man, those losses to csu and sac st. just keep sticking in my craw. I could almost come up with a defense of Embree if not for those two games. Dammit! Embo, why the hell did you have to go out and lose those two?!!!

But you're cool with the Fresno score?

But you're cool with the Fresno score?
Oh, did I say that? :huh: Of course not. I was talking about the losses and FSU wasn't close to a lock like the other two should have been. But I'm not cook with any of the scores that have been put on us.

Back