What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo with a great idea RE: Cabral

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://buffzone.pmpblogs.com/2009/11/28/time-to-start-handing-out-t-shirts-again/

Ringo just wrote in his blog that Cabral should coach some of CU's special teams in addition to his duties coaching the linebackers.

He cites how Cabral was a special teams captain with the Bears and how he coached some of GB's special teams (including the Punt Return unit in 2001 when, iirc, we had an ok season :wink2:).

I love this idea! Props to Ringo for bringing this up. Hopefully this will happen. In fact, I'd like to see him promoted to Special Teams Coordinator. He has said he knows he needs coordinator experience on his resume to make the career advances he dreams of and this would be a perfect opportunity for him to do it at CU so we can keep him around another couple/few years.

Last edited:
http://buffzone.pmpblogs.com/2009/11/28/time-to-start-handing-out-t-shirts-again/

Ringo just wrote in his blog that Cabral should be coach some of CU's special teams in addition to his duties coaching the linebackers.

He cites how Cabral was a special teams captain with the Bears and how he coached some of GB's special teams (including the Punt Return unit in 2001 when, iirc, we had an ok season :wink2:).

I love this idea! Props to Ringo for bringing this up. Hopefully this will happen. In fact, I'd like to see him promoted to Special Teams Coordinator. He has said he knows he needs coordinator experience on his resume to make the career advances he dreams of and this would be a perfect opportunity for him to do it at CU so we can keep him around another couple/few years.

Sounds solid to me. Does anybody have a strong opinion regarding the job Coach Riddle is doing as the TE coach?

Sounds solid to me. Does anybody have a strong opinion regarding the job Coach Riddle is doing as the TE coach?

Tough call since we are graduating so many seniors this year.

He recruited Deehan and he seems pretty high on him as a coach, from what I can tell. Riddle will have his work cutout for him in 2010 (if he returns) at TE. All the more reason to alleviate some of his ST duties.

It seems like Cabral could be doing alot more for us, in an official capacity at least. And expanding his duties might help keep him here since he aspires to be a HC some day.

Oh yeah, and since someone else (besides Hawk) thought it up, it will never happen, no matter how much sense it makes.

I don't have a strong opinion. I've seen nothing to complain about and he did seem to hold it together in 2008 when we were down to pretty much a true freshman (Deehan) and not much else at one point last season. He did a nice job as a RB coach at Boise, too. Pretty good recruiter, disciplined ex-Army coach, success as a position coach... I can definitely make an argument for him to remain on the staff, but it's hard to justify him as a Special Teams Coordinator after the past 4 years.

Completely clean house...(even Cabral....he must be stagnant by now).

I would go beyond that. A lot of schools have head coaches that are the face of the program and serve kind of like a CEO but leave the real coaching to others.

Make Cabral the Associate Head Coach and give him the Defense and Special Teams. Let Hawk be intricately involved in recruiting and the offense.

I think that Cabral knows what it takes to be ready to play emotionally and physically, the players like and respect him and what he does, he knows how to prepare and to adjust.

May be enough to make him more interested in staying and save Hawk some embarassment at doing what he has obviously failed at.

I'm all for giving more responsibility to Cabral, but I'm doubting that Hawk will make any substantial changes in his coaches. I would love some type of change in the special teams though, that's been a sore spot for at least 4 years now and we've had the same guy coaching there for the past 4 years. Coincidence?

Back