What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo's Buffzone chat tonight - the gloves came off

Can't people speak on the condition of anonymity? Doesn't that sort of thing happen all the time in the press?

yes that does happen all the time. I think Pissbombers comment about this supposed story is just a piss-bomb - nothing of substance. If you're gonig to say something, then say it. Multiple private businesses and families being tarnished because of an article by Ringo in the Daily Camera about a poor CU football team???...sure...whatever. It's either not really a big deal, and you and those involved are lionizing the entire ordeal - OR, I'm full of **** and there's some crazy conspiracy going on that none of us could ever had guessed. I may still be a piece of ****, but I would venture that it's also nothing of great worth.

Ringo is a horrible writer/journalist that lets his arrogance get in the way of being a professional. I can't stand most of his articles, and the manner he acts in this interview are childish. He is the CU football beat reporter for Boulder's newspaper, and he acts in his responses like a normal fan, venting out of frustration. It's been long known that Hawk has not been nice to Ringo, and the staff (generally speaking) does not care for him.

Sure the honesty might have felt "refreshing" to some of you, but to me, it just goes to speak volumes about Ringo's abilities as a journalist. As a professional working in his position, he had the obligation to be critical without being snide. He covers the team poorly as well. I get most of my Buffs information from Allbuffs, and I bet Ringo does too. Since you're probably reading this Kyle, grow up some or go back to school - you need both.

yes that does happen all the time. I think Pissbombers comment about this supposed story is just a piss-bomb - nothing of substance. If you're gonig to say something, then say it. Multiple private businesses and families being tarnished because of an article by Ringo in the Daily Camera about a poor CU football team???...sure...whatever. It's either not really a big deal, and you and those involved are lionizing the entire ordeal - OR, I'm full of **** and there's some crazy conspiracy going on that none of us could ever had guessed. I may still be a piece of ****, but I would venture that it's also nothing of great worth.

Ringo is a horrible writer/journalist that lets his arrogance get in the way of being a professional. I can't stand most of his articles, and the manner he acts in this interview are childish. He is the CU football beat reporter for Boulder's newspaper, and he acts in his responses like a normal fan, venting out of frustration. It's been long known that Hawk has not been nice to Ringo, and the staff (generally speaking) does not care for him.

Sure the honesty might have felt "refreshing" to some of you, but to me, it just goes to speak volumes about Ringo's abilities as a journalist. As a professional working in his position, he had the obligation to be critical without being snide. He covers the team poorly as well. I get most of my Buffs information from Allbuffs, and I bet Ringo does too. Since you're probably reading this Kyle, grow up some or go back to school - you need both.

If you own a business and are a big time donor, you might want to keep your name out of the press in anything that could cause your business to lose money.

Look at the negativity 87toinfinity got himself into with the whole powder blue thing.

There are more people out there than DBT that wants everyone to get behind hawk. They just are not the people that are on message boards.

I know I have said some negative things about what PB has posted in the past when he couldn't give details but I think you're out of line on this one. Until you put up the kind of money that PB and other major donors do, you don't get to judge them. I am sure that most of them have ties to the university that go beyond just sitting at games. Even if it's just the possibility that the administration would revoke your season tickets means it's not worth sticking your neck out just so Ringo can have a story.

I personally know one big donor. He's a very big donor. He doesn't have season tickets. He just tells them what games he wants to go to and how many tickets he needs. Anyway, he's the kind of guy who wouldn't ever give any kind of quote to the press on what his feelings are on the team and it's leadership. The last thing he wants is any kind of publicity that would give potential customers a reason to do business elsewhere.

I know I have said some negative things about what PB has posted in the past when he couldn't give details but I think you're out of line on this one. Until you put up the kind of money that PB and other major donors do, you don't get to judge them. I am sure that most of them have ties to the university that go beyond just sitting at games. Even if it's just the possibility that the administration would revoke your season tickets means it's not worth sticking your neck out just so Ringo can have a story.

Bull****. Whats the difference between being quoted in a newspaper and spouting off things that are supposed to be confidential on a message board?

Ringo wants to get the truth out, period! It does him no good to quote anonymous sources when he is trying to catch Benson/Bohn in a lie. (Which is exactly what has been happening) You can say whatever you want about me dyemeduke...I dont really care. But others may...so STFU! :smile2:

This is all about the "court of public perception."

All Ringo, or any Denver journalist for that matter, would have to say is, "I have personally spoken to donors who, on the condition of anonymity, have told me ______________."

I guess I understand the idea that "going public" could be bad for business, but I have a hard time believing it. I mean, seriously, just how much of a negative impact is a company/donor going to experience for saying "I was willing to donate $750,000 to help buy out Hawkins." Really? If someone can help me understand that a bit more, please do. I just don't see where there is some kind of tremendous public upswell and backlash for going public with the idea that you were willing to buy out a football coach.

All of this just reinforces for me that CU is really a pretty low budget operation, and the successes that McCartney had were nothing short of a miracle.

All Ringo, or any Denver journalist for that matter, would have to say is, "I have personally spoken to donors who, on the condition of anonymity, have told me ______________."

I guess I understand the idea that "going public" could be bad for business, but I have a hard time believing it. I mean, seriously, just how much of a negative impact is a company/donor going to experience for saying "I was willing to donate $750,000 to help buy out Hawkins." Really? If someone can help me understand that a bit more, please do. I just don't see where there is some kind of tremendous public upswell and backlash for going public with the idea that you were willing to buy out a football coach.

All of this just reinforces for me that CU is really a pretty low budget operation, and the successes that McCartney had were nothing short of a miracle.

I think perhaps you are underestimating the political impact. Benson is a staunch republican with ties to the party. Whoever comes out and drops the bomb is going to have to face the music in a lot of ways since they will be, allegedly, outing Benson in a fabrication. THere will most definitely be consequences for whoever does it. It's not just joe customer some of these people have to wrry about. JMO.

Let us say you own a company that does a couple of million of Business with CU every year...do you want to be pi$$ing people off at CU? There are only a handful of people involved so being anonymous and staying that way is a slim proposition....

Ringo wants to get the truth out, period! It does him no good to quote anonymous sources when he is trying to catch Benson/Bohn in a lie. (Which is exactly what has been happening) You can say whatever you want about me dyemeduke...I dont really care. But others may...so STFU! :smile2:

Look, I don't know who you're supposed to be, nor do I know if you're actually who others are claiming to be. If you really are a big time donor - thank you for donating to our University of Colorado. I do as well, but needless to say, I am NOT a big time donor. I would like to think if I ever get to a financial situation that allows me to, I would donate large sums of money to CU. Who knows though, and I do think it's commendable of all big-time donors to give to CU. As for others caring what I say about you...well, I don't care - just like you don't care what I'm saying about you.:thumbsup: ...and that is exactly how message boards should work in my opinion.

With all that said, I've never cared for internet chatter or rumors that have no backing. What is the point of stating what you did without any other details? There's a lot of **** out there on the internet, and there is no need to add to it if there's nothing to back it up.

As for Ringo - he has written articles that are egregious (in content, accuracy, and writing)...I'm extremely surprised that having to quote someone that chooses remains anonymous (something many quality journalists do) is something he feels is unethical - or whatever he feels towards it.

Sorry to drag this on - just wanted to clarify. If you have problems with me - I think I'm allowed 3 PMs, so feel free to personally cuss me out.

If you own a business and are a big time donor, you might want to keep your name out of the press in anything that could cause your business to lose money.

Look at the negativity 87toinfinity got himself into with the whole powder blue thing.

There are more people out there than DBT that wants everyone to get behind hawk. They just are not the people that are on message boards.

There sure seams to be lot of Talkins supporters that post below Ringo's blogs all the time.

Back