1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

RIP - Hall of Fame coach Guy Lewis

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Amazing coach whose Phi Slama Jama teams started to usher in the modern game and moving it away from boring 4-corners snoozefests.

Coach who probably doesn't have the fame or credit he deserves.

5 Final Fours & organized the 1st nationally broadcast regular season college basketball game in 1968 (Houston vs UCLA in the Astrodome).

Legend.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/story/_/id/14230875/hall-fame-coach-guy-lewis-houston-cougars-dies-age-93

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I lived in H-town and my bro was an undergrad at UH during the Phi Slamma Jamma years. I saw at lot of games at Hofheinz Pavilion. Guy Lewis was one of a kind. RIP, there is a seat and red checkered towel waiting for you in that great basketball court in the sky....