What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rip Scherer... our new QB coach?

Embree said on the radio today that they have hired a QB coach. Said that he was from NFL and made it sound like it had been finalized for a while but are waiting to announce it until the logistics are worked out. Its got to be Scherer.

Hope so and I'd gladly eat my words. I think he'd be a fantastic hire. Also would like to hear that he put his stamp on our two QB recruits.

Does anyone think that Jeremy Bates, former Bronco QB coach, who just got fired from the Seahawks, might be our next QB coach?

No way a former NFL OC takes a position job in college. OC to QB coach step down. NFL to college step down. CU isn't really a prime coaching gig either. Keep dreaming the dream

No way a former NFL OC takes a position job in college. OC to QB coach step down. NFL to college step down. CU isn't really a prime coaching gig either. Keep dreaming the dream

You are probably right. But, Bates was an NFL OC for only 1 year. Scherer was a college HC and an NFL Assistant HC for multiple years. I don't see the steps being that much different for the two.

Bates was also the OC at USC. That would be a big step down to CU as well. Still waiting on an announcement but I still don't see how an NFL QB coach would want to come to CU at the same position. Regardless of the lock-out

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread.

This guy has been coaching for 30+ years. Have any of his QB's ever been worth a damn?

I think its gunna be a guy that played QB in the NFL and not coached in the NFL. Take it to vegas.

It was definitely sarcasm, idk what he has done QB wise. Seems like he really hasn't been a QB coach that often going off his bio. A lot of OC jobs and HC jobs, so probably not fair to pin the shortcomings of the Panthers QBs the last couple years on him. I'm sure he's a decent coach considering how long he has been around at good jobs.

Back