What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rippy's out for the rest of the year, Rodney for 2-4 weeks

I didnt see what happened to Speedy but the first thing I thought about Rippy was acl, hope im wrong. We need them both, thats for sure.

Im guessing they will get an mri and we'll know for sure. Sprain knee might be the preliminary diagnosis, hopefully its the final one for both these guys.

Im guessing they will get an mri and we'll know for sure. Sprain knee might be the preliminary diagnosis, hopefully its the final one for both these guys.

I really have no idea but they were elevating his knee and icing it directly after the injury. I know they would do that for a sprain, would they for an ACL injury?

They did when I tore mine but that was years ago, deal with it much better these days. I didnt see them doing much but if they grab his heel and start wiggling it a bit to check for looseness in the knee, thats not good. I didnt read anything in regards to Rippy that wasnt posted here, I was just talking about what it looked like when he got hurt. All speculation right now. It very well could just be a sprain, fingers crossed.

a sprain is technically a minor tear... when the ligament is stretched the fibrous tissue of the ligaments tends to tear slightly... it something that usually heals on its own over time... a complete tear obviously is a catastrophic injury in which the ligament in question is ruptured or torn clean through will not heal on its on... or not well enough to be functional and requires season ending surgery

Last edited:
a sprain is technically a minor tear... when the ligament is stretched the fibrous tissue of the ligaments tends to tear slightly... it something that usually heals on its own over time... a complete tear obviously is a catastrophic injury in which the ligament in question is ruptured or torn clean through will not heal on its on... or not well enough to be functional and requires season ending surgery

Wouldn't you ice both conditions to keep down swelling?

Correct. Sprain = tear. There are different degrees of sprains, ranging from minor tear to completely severing a ligament.

Icing/elevation - used for any injury that would cause inflammation/swelling. It reduces pain and tissue destruction associated with the trauma of the injury. Used for ligament tears, broken bones, contusions, etc.

Back