What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown hoops edition

There is no way we lose this game. Dinwiddie will drive the offense tonight. We were up by 30 last year in the first half and it only got close when the team got lazy and that was against the CSU veteran starting line up. Buffs by 15.

Is there anything more indicative of being the little brother than insisting that not only are you not the little brother, but that those MWC conference games are so much more important than the CU game? Or maybe trying to turn innocuous statements into "trash talk?"

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20131202/SPORTS0202/312020036/csu-cu-mbb

What a terrible article, but not surprising coming from Matt Stephens who is probably the worst journalist in the state. If you actually listened to Boyle's comments instead of Stephens' vague paraphrases you would know Boyle was doing the opposite of trash talk.

CSU intelligence right here. He's just mad he didn't go to CU so he couldn't go pro

[tweet]407912309743304704[/tweet]
[tweet]407900919523598336[/tweet]

CSU=brain dead

[tweet]407922451016724480[/tweet]

Is there anything more indicative of being the little brother than insisting that not only are you not the little brother, but that those MWC conference games are so much more important than the CU game? Or maybe trying to turn innocuous statements into "trash talk?"

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20131202/SPORTS0202/312020036/csu-cu-mbb

They mentioned an "expected sellout crowd" in that article. Apparently they havent been keeping tabs on who is buying all the tickets.

Nor have they checked how many tickets are left as of 10:45

That was my other thought. I read somewhere that the crowd was 50/50 in the springs....can we hope for something that favorable tonight? It's already snowing up here in cheyenne, so I wouldnt be shocked if the single digit temps spook a lot of the students.

That was my other thought. I read somewhere that the crowd was 50/50 in the springs....can we hope for something that favorable tonight? It's already snowing up here in cheyenne, so I wouldnt be shocked if the single digit temps spook a lot of the students.
the road/drive is going to spook a lot of CU people in Denver as well. Could be a sparsely attended game.

I'm gonna be pissed if I go up to Ft. Fun only to see a loss.

Whoa, hold on, wait a minute.... You're going to a hoops road game? Are you ok? Running a bit of a fever or something? :smile2:

Whoa, hold on, wait a minute.... You're going to a hoops road game? Are you ok? Running a bit of a fever or something? :smile2:

Yup. I'm going to a road hoops game. It's not totally unprecedented. I did go to Albuquerque to watch CU and **** bailer play in the tournament a couple years ago. I like our chances in this game a lot more than I did for that game.

the road/drive is going to spook a lot of CU people in Denver as well. Could be a sparsely attended game.
I'm still going. If the snow holds off and doesn't start til 6:30 most will see that it is clear and go even if it snows later.

I'm still going. If the snow holds off and doesn't start til 6:30 most will see that it is clear and go even if it snows later.
hah. I'm leaving at 4 with the hopes of limiting night snow driving to just on the way back.

hah. I'm leaving at 4 with the hopes of limiting night snow driving to just on the way back.
Yea we are leaving around then too from boulder. We will see what happens, but I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the buff turnout.

Yup. I'm going to a road hoops game. It's not totally unprecedented. I did go to Albuquerque to watch CU and **** bailer play in the tournament a couple years ago. I like our chances in this game a lot more than I did for that game.

Yeah but that was in March when everybody cares about college basketball. It is the beginning of December and may be below zero when you get out of the game. Another small step.

its a ****ed up thing to say even in sarcasm font. :asskicking:

100% agree, I cannot stand college sports being played at perfessional stadiums.

But, how awesome would it be to have a small tournament every year, with CU/Little Brother headlining the two sides of the brackets? I know this has been discussed before, but think about it, have 3 rounds, first round everyone plays a DII squad (Mines, Colorado Christian, etc), then second round you have something like (CU vs DU, Little Brother vs UNC), then the final game most of the time would end up being CU vs Little Brother.

We normally play those kinds of teams anyway, so why not play them in a tournament style? The only down side is to keep it on campuses, the final game should be played at CU or Little Brother, and if some crazy upset happened, for the final game to be played at your home court without you playing, well that would be awkward.

Everybody needs to remember a few things - the hardest sport to win on the road is college basketball. The road winning percentage in major men's college basketball is .340 -- meaning the road team wins roughly one out of every three games.

Also, the sharp gambling $ is on CSU - the line is down to -2 (-105) meaning it's likely headed to -1.5. And this is coming with 85% of the spread money coming in on CU, so that means that the sharp money (15%) is on CSU and moving the line.

While I like CU's chances tonight, sharp gamblers are on CSU and winning on the road is tough.View attachment 13132

I thought lines were set, based solely on the amounts wagered. Are you saying the people in Vegas distinguish between money bet by the average guy and that wagered by the 'smart' people, and adjust the line based on that too?

When they figure the winning percentage of road teams, they should leave out the 1st 1/3rd of the season, when so many road teams are getting paid to take a beating. Any idea what the % is for league games only?

CUnit killing it right now on Twitter. Chip and Austin Dufault is in on it as well. Tonight Gon B Gud!

Oh lord. They just created a @FortCollinsKids Twitter page lol

[tweet]407968054413250560[/tweet]

Last edited:
Is there an option for watching this besides an ESPN3 internet stream?

I thought lines were set, based solely on the amounts wagered. Are you saying the people in Vegas distinguish between money bet by the average guy and that wagered by the 'smart' people, and adjust the line based on that too?

When they figure the winning percentage of road teams, they should leave out the 1st 1/3rd of the season, when so many road teams are getting paid to take a beating. Any idea what the % is for league games only?

Lines rarely have equal $ on them anymore, all $ bet is not created equally. Books may take a ton of "public" $ on 1 side but have somebody they consider sharp come in on the other and they'll move the line.

Road teams win conference games 38% of the time.

Back