What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown Sunday

I am stoked to not have this game in the morning. I believe we have home field so this might be our first game that is shown on the Pac-12 network.

Night Game= very very happy marching band. Those south stands are ****ing hot in september. The atmosphere would be so much better on a night game I feel. even a later kickoff would be great

Night Game= very very happy marching band. Those south stands are ****ing hot in september. The atmosphere would be so much better on a night game I feel. even a later kickoff would be great

Plus all of the empty seats on the CSU side of the stadium wont be as noticeable

What I don't like about having it on a Sunday is the short week before our next game.

But at least I can watch college football on tv all day Saturday.

Why is that an indication that it will be a night game?
Its more hopeful thinking. Being sunday allows a lot of freedom as far as time slots. Saturday we get stuck in the ****** time slots cuz its a ****** game. Being on Sunday we can be schedule really whenever we want because of the lack of NFL. Being the hometeam/pac-12 the likely hood that our TV partners will want us to be later in the after noon so we are not very early in the morning for the west coast is very high.

I am stoked to not have this game in the morning. I believe we have home field so this might be our first game that is shown on the Pac-12 network.

I am pretty sure this is CSU's home game since CU only had 5 in Boulder last year I believe the CSU game was our "6th" home game. At least this year we will have 6 in Boulder, 1 in Denver, and 5 on the road.

With a Sunday time slot there is a good chance we won't be on 'the mountain' at least.

I am pretty sure this is CSU's home game since CU only had 5 in Boulder last year I believe the CSU game was our "6th" home game. At least this year we will have 6 in Boulder, 1 in Denver, and 5 on the road.

With a Sunday time slot there is a good chance we won't be on 'the mountain' at least.

The chatter is that we won't ever have to be on The Mountain again. Allegedly they are closing up shop after baseball season.

Hmmmmmm...

Well, if the game is an afternoon or evening game, it might be worth the effort. We'll see.

probably not going to go, I hate sporta authority
WHAT?!?!

This-is-SPARTA-sparta-remixes-12260301-506-346.jpg

This

I don't care if it's a 10am or 7pm kickoff. That stadium sucks and I refuse to support the decision to play the game in Denver.

When it is on national network TV with a sold out crowd I bet the stadium gets awesome pretty quick!

For the complaints about it leaving us with a short week, Sacramento State is next up and it is a home game. We should be able to put them away in the first quarter if we played it Monday morning.

When it is on national network TV with a sold out crowd I bet the stadium gets awesome pretty quick!

For the complaints about it leaving us with a short week, Sacramento State is next up and it is a home game. We should be able to put them away in the first quarter if we played it Monday morning.

I'm waiting for Bohn to really test the team with a 2 a day.

*cough*toledo*cough*

The one time I went to Invesco I thought the stadium was awesome. Everything is stacked right on top of the game and there's not a bad seat in the house. This was also the "lightning bolt" game which turned out to be great - but even when the weather was nice I thought it was a good venue -as long as people actually show up.

I like the stadium itself, but unless they sell it out the atmosphere sucks and we're better off playing home & home.

The stadium sucks balls. If you sit on the fifty at Folsom, they put you in the endzone nosebleeds at Mile High. It's pretty cool seeing the bands practice underneath the freeway as well. What a great place to play a college football game. You're high if you think this place is going to sell out. The Lammies probably won't show up. Again! :lol:

/rant

I doubt I'll be going to the Mile High Gulag...talk about ruining the college game atmosphere...Denver cops in riot gear, absurdly strict rules with Argus morons enforcing them, ridiculous concession prices, and as others have observed, season ticket holders relegated to the nosebleed seats. It's bad enough they are importing the ridiculous security theater nonsense to Folsom, I am not intereted in going to see a game at Mile High, thanks anyway.

The stadium sucks balls. If you sit on the fifty at Folsom, they put you in the endzone nosebleeds at Mile High. It's pretty cool seeing the bands practice underneath the freeway as well. What a great place to play a college football game. You're high if you think this place is going to sell out. The Lammies probably won't show up. Again! :lol:

/rant

So because your tix suck, the stadium sucks? The AD put me pretty close to where I was for my season tickets. It may have been slightly farther from the field but at the same time it was closer because I am usually in the back of my section and at Mile High I was in the middle of my section. Until this team is playing well again and competing for something it won't stand a chance at selling out but if we are top 10 and CSU can crack the top25, then yeah, it can sell out.

My point is, it isnt the stadium it is the event. Right now and for the past few years, the event has sucked.

So because your tix suck, the stadium sucks? The AD put me pretty close to where I was for my season tickets. It may have been slightly farther from the field but at the same time it was closer because I am usually in the back of my section and at Mile High I was in the middle of my section. Until this team is playing well again and competing for something it won't stand a chance at selling out but if we are top 10 and CSU can crack the top25, then yeah, it can sell out.

My point is, it isnt the stadium it is the event. Right now and for the past few years, the event has sucked.

The stadium sucks.

Back