What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown Sunday

Upgraded my seats last year to club level. And to my surprise I was on the CSU side of the field. Really nice to spend the extra money and have to sit on the opposing teams side of the field.

So because your tix suck, the stadium sucks?

My point is, it isnt the stadium it is the event. Right now and for the past few years, the event has sucked.

No, the stadium sucks, the event sucks, and if Bohn had any balls he shoulda killed this with fire a long time ago.

So because your tix suck, the stadium sucks? The AD put me pretty close to where I was for my season tickets. It may have been slightly farther from the field but at the same time it was closer because I am usually in the back of my section and at Mile High I was in the middle of my section. Until this team is playing well again and competing for something it won't stand a chance at selling out but if we are top 10 and CSU can crack the top25, then yeah, it can sell out.

My point is, it isnt the stadium it is the event. Right now and for the past few years, the event has sucked.

The game sucks because driving there, there is always some asshole going 60 in the left lane when I want to go 70.

The event sucks. The DPD shows up like they're preparing for WWIII. Full riot gear, horses, helmets, nightsticks, mace - all of it. And they look for trouble, too. They go from car to car harassing people. Checking ID's, generally being assholes to everybody. It's obvious that they view the game as a nuissance. Then you get the gate personnel and stadium employees who act as though they're doing you a favor by being there. Every year I go there, I leave asking myself "why did I put myself through that again?" I don't need to put up with that kind of abuse. I think I'm still going to avoid the game this year. Hopefully, enough people will do the same and Bohn will get the message that this game needs to be done in Denver.

I agree with Sacky. The game blows at Invesco. It was ok a decade ago when the teams were good and the place was packed a rowdy. Blows chunks now.

I agree with Sacky. The game blows at Invesco. It was ok a decade ago when the teams were good and the place was packed a rowdy. Blows chunks now.

Who the **** is chunks?

Who the **** is chunks?
93101_jerry-oconnell-stand-by-me.jpg

The game sucks because driving there, there is always some asshole going 60 in the left lane when I want to go 70.

**** you, the speed limit is 55 around there. You drive like **** and don't have any business being on a road that allows you to go faster than 30, not that you can keep it within +/-10mph of any speed limit anyway.

The "Lightning Bolt Game" was awesome. If the teams are competitive, csu was ranked for that game, and its at night and sold out, it's a blast. However, last seasons game was just awful.

The "Lightning Bolt Game" was awesome. If the teams are competitive, csu was ranked for that game, and its at night and sold out, it's a blast. However, last seasons game was just awful.

Last edited:
DPD was not pulling all their **** back then...last one I attended was 2006 and the cops were major assholes before and after the game

gotta say that I have noticed some of this happening a CU games in Boulder now...running people off 1 hour after the game bull**** this last season

Yes, there are troubling signs of what is going on in Boulder. There were a number of issues last year. Threatening to confiscate alcohol, the long security lines, and as you say, running people off after the games.

Yes, there are troubling signs of what is going on in Boulder. There were a number of issues last year. Threatening to confiscate alcohol, the long security lines, and as you say, running people off after the games.

Last edited:
Back