What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roster Trivia - CU has the home state advantage

• Thread starter Deleted member 807
  • Start date
An other piece of trivia:

In B12 country

CSU - 62 players - MOCKTN (60% of the team)
CU - 34 - Colo, Tex (32% of team)

No one at CU is from KS, NE, IA, OK or MO. CSU recruited from all but Iowa.

When was Nebraska's statehood revoked??

You caught that.

I didn't say their statehood was revoked. It's just that they are so classy that they set themselves apart from the rest of the nation.

But 66% of CU are from Colo or the rest of the Pac-10. It's almost as if someone knew this was coming.

You're letting Hawkins and staff off the hook a bit here. No way around it, they have been God awful in Texas.

You're letting Hawkins and staff off the hook a bit here. No way around it, they have been God awful in Texas.

Perhaps by design.

There was a point when I wondered if Denver Johnson would hit the lone star state hard, and pick up some linemen.

But it's almost as if the Hawkins directive is to boycott recruiting in Texas unless your dad is a part owner of a major sports franchise and/or you are super smart.

It's amazing how CU has shaken the trees in NC, SC, BC, and DC. We've got PA, CT and NJ in the NE. We got GA, FL, AL, LA and TN in the SE. Plus HI, ID, IL, OH and NV to boot. It's as if CU has been blacklisted from fertile B12 HS recruiting grounds.

Perhaps by design.

There was a point when I wondered if Denver Johnson would hit the lone star state hard, and pick up some linemen.

But it's almost as if the Hawkins directive is to boycott recruiting in Texas unless your dad is a part owner of a major sports franchise and/or you are super smart.

It's amazing how CU has shaken the trees in NC, SC, BC, and DC. We've got PA, CT and NJ in the NE. We got GA, FL, AL, LA and TN in the SE. Plus HI, ID, IL, OH and NV to boot. It's as if CU has been blacklisted from fertile B12 HS recruiting grounds.

Because Hawkins really did not/still does not understand Texas recruiting. Offering elite Texas preps in the summer between their junior and senior years FTL. If you aren't talking to guys early (as in throughout their junior years), you get the results we have had.

And if it was by design, Dan Hawkins is the dumbest coach in America (might be true anyway). He came to CU in 2006. If he ignored the state of TX (produces most Division 1 players in the country) because he thought we would be moving to the Pac-10 in 2011, **** us all.

Because Hawkins really did not/still does not understand Texas recruiting. Offering elite Texas preps in the summer between their junior and senior years FTL. If you aren't talking to guys early (as in throughout their junior years), you get the results we have had.

And if it was by design, Dan Hawkins is the dumbest coach in America (might be true anyway). He came to CU in 2006. If he ignored the state of TX (produces most Division 1 players in the country) because he thought we would be moving to the Pac-10 in 2011, **** us all.

Texas football is HARD to comprehend. Below is a schedule for DeSoto High. DeSoto is a southern suburb of Dallas. This team plays in Cowboy Stadium on a Monday night. (B12 CCG/Superbowl fame), in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has a home-away against a Florida school, hits the Austin area and Tyler area. These kids will travel over 500 miles in buses to play football. How is Dan Hawkins going to get these kids to come to Boulder if they have already been on the Jerry World jumbotron, criss-crossed the country and traveled to the Austin area a bunch of times? It boggles the mind.

DeSoto High Eagles 2010 Football schedule.
Aug. 27 Friday @ Leander (168 miles away)
Sept. 6 Monday Arlington Bowie*@ Cowboys Stadium (18 mi) *
Sept. 11 Saturday Miramar Florida (next year in FL, 1,096 mi)
Sept. 17 Friday Stony Point (167 miles) *
Sept. 24 Friday NOAH Homeschool @ Tulsa, OK (273 mi)
Oct. 1 BYE
Oct. 7 Thursday @ North Mesquite* (20mi)
Oct. 15 Friday Tyler Lee* (103 mi)
Oct. 22 Friday @ Mesquite* (30 mi)
Oct. 29 Friday @ Mesquite Horn* (20 mi) **
Nov. 5 Friday Longview* (134 mi)

Texas football is HARD to comprehend. Below is a schedule for DeSoto High. DeSoto is a southern suburb of Dallas. This team plays in Cowboy Stadium on a Monday night. (B12 CCG/Superbowl fame), in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has a home-away against a Florida school, hits the Austin area and Tyler area. These kids will travel over 500 miles in buses to play football. How is Dan Hawkins going to get these kids to come to Boulder if they have already been on the Jerry World jumbotron, criss-crossed the country and traveled to the Austin area a bunch of times? It boggles the mind.

i was in dallas on wednesday on an overnight. my brother and i did a tour of jerry world. i farted in every part of that stadium that we went to. including a suite, the locker room (not in front of AG's locker, naturally) and the field.

that is one fine facility, i must say. takes the wind right out of you.

Back