What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rough Start for Clemson

Wow, if the consensus best team in the ACC gets beat by the team picked to finish 4th or 5th in the SEC the ACC is looking pretty weak.

Wow, if the consensus best team in the ACC gets beat by the team picked to finish 4th or 5th in the SEC the ACC is looking pretty weak.

Not only that, but the favorite to meet Clemson in the ACC championship game lost to a non-BCS school today. :lol:

I really hate both of these teams. We should have beat Alabama last year and the Clemson fans were giant douchebags at the Champs Sports Bowl a few years ago. Is there a way they can both lose???

Man this is making Colorado look good I think. We played Alabama tough in the second half. I know this is a new year but this makes Colorado look good.

The ACC is very much overrated. I like the fact that smaller schools Wva, E. Carolina...etc all get the players who werent "good" enough to play at a "big time" ACC school.

Man this is making Colorado look good I think. We played Alabama tough in the second half. I know this is a new year but this makes Colorado look good.

I was kind of thinking that myself. Hopefully we come out and show that same kind of improvement. Although I am also beginning to believe that the Clemson hype train departed a little too early

I think when you come into a year with CJ Spiller as THE MAN, and he gets 2 carries, it's time to consider a new coach.

(I always think back to that bama championship in the early 70s, don't remember exact year, which they won after voting as a team NOT to play NU...)

I think when you come into a year with CJ Spiller as THE MAN, and he gets 2 carries, it's time to consider a new coach.

(I always think back to that bama championship in the early 70s, don't remember exact year, which they won after voting as a team NOT to play NU...)

Spiller and Davis were considered to be one the top RB tandems in the country, and they only end up with 20 yards rushing. :huh: Yes ACC, you're off to a horrendous start:

Brutal loss confirms weakness of the ACC
By Ron Morris
(Columbia) The State
Posted: Sunday, Aug. 31, 2008

Normally, you would say one game does not represent an entire conference and its standing in the college football hierarchy. In the case of Saturday’s blood letting at the Georgia Dome, it does.

Here is why: Alabama was picked by most to finish third in the SEC West, a middle-of-the-pack team in the nation’s best conference. Clemson was a preseason, hands-down favorite to romp through the ACC.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/163905.html

You are looking LIVE........

and there's *that man* again....

(in addition to picking a star player and calling him by his first name....throughout the game: the Major, "Chris" (Simms), "Jason" (White), "Reggie" (Bush)....etc. there was something vaguely uncomfortable/homoerotic about listening to "Brent" do a UT game with Simms.)

That is a mudhole.

ALABAMA CU
FIRST DOWNS................... 25 11
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 50-239 14-0
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 180 188
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 30-22-0 34-20-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 80-419 48-188
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 2-23 1-9
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 3-61 7-188
Interception Returns-Yards.... 1-7 0-0
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 2-36.5 4-40.0